ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

manimaran

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by manimaran » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:36 pm

Hi Varun,

I know(really) how you feel. Sorry to hear on the process you went through.

To all,

As said earlier I went to hounslow VFS @ 12:45 pm, stood in the queue for 5 minutes and then the security guard asked for applications other than Indian Visa and directed us to a desk.

At the desk a VFS personnel took my name in a blue card and informed that the systems were down and will take 1 hour to come back online. There were 12 people ahead of me waiting from 10:30 AM and were called around 3 pm. We had only 2 OCI counter's and for people who brought kids; they were given preference in one of the counters. There was no order while calling the applicants, a lot of people who came after me were called early and also 5-6 people who came before me where still waiting when I was called at 16:15 pm.The process took 5 minutes and I was out by 16:20 pm. I submitted a family(1 main applicant +1 spouse) application and they only charged me for 1 courier + 2 OCI fees . They didn't charge me for the OCI booklet delivery as they said they were still working on how it's going to be handed over to me (obliviously to collect at VFS) but asked me to call once the status at the VFS site says OCI booklet received at VFS hounslow.

I wasn't happy with the service not just because of my 4+ hours timeline but :

why we need to book an appointment when they don't check for that ? there were people who walked in to VFS hounslow today. Can you believe we had 40+ OCI applications at hounslow alone. I was 24th today and saw 35+ people waiting in the lounge @ 16:15pm

If they see more OCI applications why not open more counters? it's not rocket science; as a servicing company the management should know.

Anyway prepare yourself for everything as the Initial days with the new OCI system will be chaos.

Good Luck.

Cheers,
Mani

emuser

Post by emuser » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:00 am

Got my OCI Card along U Stamp on my British Passport.. feel sorry for the ppl who are suffering with VFS... I myself narrowly escaped by applying directly in HCI.

Application made in Person to HCI London(1 Adult) : 30 Jan 2015
Received by HCI : 30 Jan 2015
Originals verified and returned : 30 Jan 2015
Date Of Acknowledgement (on website) : 06 Feb 2015
Registration Status at Mission : London
Documents Printing Status : PROCESSED on 27-FEB-2015
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI) NEW DELHI On : 02 Mar 2015
Document received At LONDON On : 04 Mar 15
Passport sent to LONDON Via Royal mail SD : 06 Mar 15
Passport Received by HCI LONDON : 07 Mar 15
OCI stamped passport received : 11 Mar 15

tier1ilr2013
Newly Registered

Post by tier1ilr2013 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:50 am

Still waiting for passport to come back with OCI card

I have sent my passport via royalmail next day delivery on 26-Feb-2015.
Is there any way to contact CGI Birmingham?
Cant understand why CGI is taking time whereas HCI is turnaround is with in 2-3 days.

samkma
Member of Standing

Post by samkma » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:30 am

tier1ilr2013 wrote:Still waiting for passport to come back with OCI card
Cant understand why CGI is taking time whereas HCI is turnaround is with in 2-3 days.
If you read the previous posts from applicants who applied to CGI Birmingham - you can see that they are slower than a snail. You have to just wait it out.
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

spareslant
Newly Registered

Post by spareslant » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:25 pm

emuser wrote:Got my OCI Card along U Stamp on my British Passport.. feel sorry for the ppl who are suffering with VFS... I myself narrowly escaped by applying directly in HCI.

Hi Those, who have received their British Passport back along with their OCI card and U sticker , can they please tell , what kind of special delivery envelop was sent to HCI.

HCI website says "Self addressed Special Delivery envelope to return the Passport with OCI." Is it have to be a pre-paid envelope ?
If yes , how much value of postoffice stamp needed on envelope?

Note: I had applied in HCI not in VFS .

Thanks.

dks100

Post by dks100 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:23 pm

tier1ilr2013 wrote:Still waiting for passport to come back with OCI card

As correctly mentioned, they are slower than snail, I will advise you to send them e-mail and ask how long are they will take time and why so delay. I have also sent the mail yesterday.

You also mention that the passport is the travelling document and in case of emergency how will we manage when we have to go through such uncertainity with Birtmingham CGI.

I have also asked them in my email that why Birmingham is taking so long when London returns the passport in 2 days. I have also asked them ho will we manage for emergency travel when passport is kept with you more than 2 weeks just for 10 minutes job ?
DKS

dks100

Post by dks100 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:30 pm

spareslant wrote:
emuser wrote:Got my OCI Card along U Stamp on my British Passport.. feel sorry for the ppl who are suffering with VFS... I myself narrowly escaped by applying directly in HCI.

Hi Those, who have received their British Passport back along with their OCI card and U sticker , can they please tell , what kind of special delivery envelop was sent to HCI.

HCI website says "Self addressed Special Delivery envelope to return the Passport with OCI." Is it have to be a pre-paid envelope ?
If yes , how much value of postoffice stamp needed on envelope?

Note: I had applied in HCI not in VFS .

Thanks.
You can get special next day delivery envelop (plastic Pouch written in red as special next day delivery) in the post office which allows you to send upto 500g of dcuments and the pouch cost about £7, if more weight then additinal stamp can be fixed. These poch are pre paid, note down the tracking number and send them with your pasport. Once CGI will post back to you, you will be able track.

I sent them 3 passport which weight around 120 g together, so If I add three OCI card and sticker then it should not cross 250 gm. Therefore, I sent them one C5 size pouch and kept the tracking number before sending them. C5 is approx. double the size of passport and roughly 1/3rd of normal A4 pouch.

So I purchased two of them (2 x £7) from my local post office, one for sending the passport and another with self addressed getting back my passports. I am still waiting for my passport to be returned by Birmingham.
DKS

satmvv

OCI online appointment debacle

Post by satmvv » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:44 pm

Has anyone experienced issues making an appointment online for OCI, particularly for Birmingham and Manchester VFS centers? I have been trying since yesterday but the following message is all I am getting in return:

"Please try again later or call our helpdesk on 09057570045,
As we are currently updating our systems. We apologize for the inconvenience"

I tried calling up the premium helpline number but no one would bother answering before my phone bill sky rockets. I emailed my grievance to the helpline but given my recent experience related to appointment for surrendering passport I have little confidence they will do anything about it.

Having just read recent posts in this section, I feel frustrated that despite the pain of making an online appointment and travelling miles together (nearest I can even book an appointment is Liverpool which is a good 2 hr drive from Derby), I may still be queuing up behind those who just walked in.

It looks like VFS who are themselves an outsource are using an external call centre as helpline and they don't seem to have the faintest clue apart from advising to double check the website.

samkma
Member of Standing

Post by samkma » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:32 am

satmvv wrote:Has anyone experienced issues making an appointment online for OCI, particularly for Birmingham and Manchester VFS centers? I have been trying since yesterday but the following message is all I am getting in return:
"Please try again later or call our helpdesk on 09057570045,
As we are currently updating our systems. We apologize for the inconvenience"
I tried calling up the premium helpline number but no one would bother answering before my phone bill sky rockets. I emailed my grievance to the helpline but given my recent experience related to appointment for surrendering passport I have little confidence they will do anything about it.
Having just read recent posts in this section, I feel frustrated that despite the pain of making an online appointment and travelling miles together (nearest I can even book an appointment is Liverpool which is a good 2 hr drive from Derby), I may still be queuing up behind those who just walked in.
It looks like VFS who are themselves an outsource are using an external call centre as helpline and they don't seem to have the faintest clue apart from advising to double check the website.

Looks like VFS is going through teething problems - even after that they are not going to be any better!

VFS helpline 020 7811 3976 Never use the 0905 email them or call, they are first breaking UK consumer (PRS) law by not providing an alternative number!
email them on info.ociuk@vfshelpline.com
.......Paulo Coelho

tier1check

Post by tier1check » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:06 am

I applied for OCS through VFS on 5th March and still waiting for originals to be received.
I provided special delivery envelopes.

Has anyone who has applied for OCI through VFS got their originals back? How much time it took?
Last edited by tier1check on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

rmistry
Newly Registered

Post by rmistry » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:11 am

tier1check wrote:I applied for OCS through VFS on 8th March and still waiting for originals to be received.

Has anyone who has applied for OCI through VFS got their originals back? How much time it took?
I applied on Monday 9th March at Goswell Road, London, and still haven't received the originals. They said I should receive sometime this week when I applied, which leaves only tomorrow or Saturday. Which VFS office was open on Sunday 8th March by the way?

ak1031
Newly Registered

Post by ak1031 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:25 am

I had applied on 3rd March (at Goswell Road) and I got the documents on 17th March. Tracking error started showing up after a week of applying. However, the delay may have been as I had applied on the 2nd day of the process being outsourced, so they still had (and reading the earliers posts, they still havent) to get used to the new process.

tier1check

Post by tier1check » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:08 am

rmistry wrote:
tier1check wrote:I applied for OCS through VFS on 8th March and still waiting for originals to be received.

I applied on Monday 9th March at Goswell Road, London, and still haven't received the originals. They said I should receive sometime this week when I applied, which leaves only tomorrow or Saturday. Which VFS office was open on Sunday 8th March by the way?
typo..Actually it is 5th March at Goswell Road

dks100

Post by dks100 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:13 pm

Status Update:
Registration Mission : Birmingham
Application Method to HCI : Post
Application made On : 12-01-2015 (2A + 1C)
Application Received by HCI On : 13-01-2015 (RM Tracking)
Date Of Acknowledgement (on website) : 20-01-2015
Original Documents Received On : 22-01-2015
Documents Printing Status/Processed On : 26-02-2015
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) New Delhi On : 27-02-2015
OCI Documents Received at HCI On : 02-03-2015
Passport Sent to HCI On : 05-03-2015
Passport Received by HCI On : 09-03-2015
OCI Stamped Passport Received On : 18-03-2015 (OCI card and British passport with U sticker)

Finally a long journey completed for most of my family members (From Naturalization to OCI, Total time around 7 months, Aug - Mar), next is naturalization for my daughter.

Thank you all for your support, this forum has been very helpful during my journey PR to OCI.
DKS

rmistry
Newly Registered

Post by rmistry » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:16 am

tier1check wrote:
rmistry wrote:

typo..Actually it is 5th March at Goswell Road
Originals dispatched today, so a full 2 weeks to get them back

moron
Newly Registered

Post by moron » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:23 am

Status Update

Application Method to HCI: VFS/Goswell Road
Application Posted On : 03-03-2015 (2 adults + 1 child)
Registration Status at Mission: LONDON
Date Of Acknowledgement (on website) :05-03-2015
Originals Received: 19-03-2015
Documents Printing Status: Under Process
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On :
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On :
OCI Document received At HCI/VFS On :

I paid for courier at VFS. The courier has Heathrow stamped on it, but not quite sure why the documents have been to Heathrow.

manimaran

Post by manimaran » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:55 pm

Application Method to HCI: VFS/Hounslow
Application Posted On : 10-03-2015 (2 adults)
Date Of Acknowledgement (on website) :11-03-2015
Originals Received: 19-03-2015 - rearranged for 20-03-2015

manimaran

Post by manimaran » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:02 pm

moron wrote:Status Update

Application Posted On : 03-03-2015 (2 adults + 1 child)
Date Of Acknowledgement (on website) :05-03-2015
Originals Received: 19-03-2015

I paid for courier at VFS. The courier has Heathrow stamped on it, but not quite sure why the documents have been to Heathrow.
Hi, did you Pay for the return of OCI cards as well?.

The Hounslow VFS only charged me for the return of Original documents and said to call them once the OCI card is ready for collection at VFS. But the VFS site says OCI Cards will be delivered by Post/Courier only once ready.

samkma
Member of Standing

Post by samkma » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:59 pm

manimaran wrote: Hi, did you Pay for the return of OCI cards as well?.
The Hounslow VFS only charged me for the return of Original documents and said to call them once the OCI card is ready for collection at VFS. But the VFS site says OCI Cards will be delivered by Post/Courier only once ready.

I presume, once ready you will have to send your British passports, its seems all similar to applying directly to HCI, VFS doing despatch office job only (also keeping the crowds of HCI, camp) HCI could have employed staff and for their postal department! What an idea!!

I Have applied for a copy of the list of contractors who submitted tender for this peon's job!! via RTI.

:mrgreen:
.......Paulo Coelho

manimaran

Post by manimaran » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:40 pm

samkma wrote:
manimaran wrote: Hi, did you Pay for the return of OCI cards as well?.

I presume, once ready you will have to send your British passports, its seems all similar to applying directly to HCI, VFS doing despatch office job only (also keeping the crowds of HCI, camp) HCI could have employed staff and for their postal department! What an idea!!

I Have applied for a copy of the list of contractors who submitted tender for this peon's job!! via RTI.

:mrgreen:

We don't need to send British passport to HCI as the U stickers are not needed now to travel to India. OCI card is enough to travel to India.

cvidyarthi
Newly Registered

Post by cvidyarthi » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:45 pm

Application Method to HCI: VFS/Hounslow
Application Posted On : 16-03-2015 (2 adults + 1 child)
Date Of Acknowledgement (on website) :17-03-2015
Originals Received: 21-03-2015

tier1check

Post by tier1check » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:47 am

Application Posted On : 05-03-2015 (2 adults + 1 child)
Date Of Acknowledgement (on website) :09-03-2015

jastejas
Newly Registered

Post by jastejas » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:34 pm

Application Posted On : 09-03-2015 (1 child)
Date Of Acknowledgement (on website) :10-03-2015

Can someone clarify if the british passport needs sending for the U sticker or have they stoped issuing yhe U sticker? When i applied at the Goswell road VFS centre, the lady who accepted the application said i will have to come back with the British passport once the documents are printed and sent from Delhi to HCI. At the moment i am confused if the British passport is required to be sent off for the U sticker or just need it for Identification purpose when collecting OCI card?

nani_varaprasad
Newly Registered

Post by nani_varaprasad » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:33 pm

Application Method to HCI: VFS/Paddington
Application Posted On : 23-03-2015 (1 adult for Myself)
Alert Message Dispatched Received: 23-03-2015
Date Of Acknowledgement (on website) :
Originals Received:

Documents Submitted:
[1] Copy of British Passport
[2] Naturalisation Certificate [Original + Copy]
[3] Surrender Certificate [Original + Copy]
[4] 1 Photo pasted on Application form.
[5] Application Form.
[6] Envelope - which VFS charged around 14 pounds to return the original copy of Naturalisation certificate and Surrender certificate.

They will check the British passport and return to you at the counter itself.
The only worry i had is, officer didnt ask me any attestation on Photo copies. she took the copies and said fine. I am a bit worried on this attestation. Has anyone been successful after submitting photo copies without attestation?
I called to VFS-London and they said if officer didnt ask for attestation than that should be fine. But i am not sure if he is confident in what he said.

Will keep you updated.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:03 pm

Registration Mission : HCI London
Application Method to HCI : In Person
Application Dated On : 23-02-2015
Originals Document Checked : Checked Only the surrender Certificate.
Date Of Acknowledgement (on website) :23/2/15
Documents Printing Status: PROCESSED
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On :17/3/15
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On :18/3/15
OCI Document received At HCI On :19/3/15
Passport sent Via Royal mail On :23/3/15
Passport Received by HCI On :
OCI stamped passport received On :

received instant email reply from HCI London regarding 'U' visa sticker on British Passport.

Dear ******,

It’s ready for collection. Please send your passports, copy of status report and self addressed special delivery envelope by post on the below mentioned address. We will affix the OCI sticker and send your documents back with the OCI Booklet in 7-10 days.

Thanks & Regards,
Public Response Unit
High Commission of India, London
India House, Aldwych, WC2B 4NA
Tel: 020 7632 3070/3170
Email: info.london@hcilondon.in