ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Medical emergency .. Need to travel to India .. Pls reply

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Medical emergency .. Need to travel to India .. Pls reply

Post by IndiMarshall » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:29 pm

Hi
Am Originally an Indian citizen
I have a medical emergency for which I need to travel to India urgently ...I didn't apply for OCI after I received my British passport ..
Can any of you please suggest me about visa ... And other alternatives .. As it's an urgent issue pls Respond quickly if possible... Am not in a position to travel too ... Is it mandatory to apply in person or can my wife apply on behalf of me ?

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: Medical emergency .. Need to travel to India .. Pls repl

Post by Mauser1905 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:23 pm

IndiMarshall wrote:Hi
I have a medical emergency for which I need to travel to India urgently ...I didn't apply for OCI after I received my British passport ..
Can any of you please suggest me about visa ... And other alternatives .. As it's an urgent issue pls Respond quickly if possible... Am not in a position to travel too ... Is it mandatory to apply in person or can my wife apply on behalf of me ?
Sorry to know about your medical emergency. There is emergency visa for India see below link as well text copied from webpage. Hope this helps.

https://www.hcilondon.in/pages.php?id=28
Procedure for submission of Emergency Visa application

Emergency Visa is issued in cases of genuine emergency like death or serious illness of immediate family member (blood relation with proof of relationship) subject to production of supporting documentary evidence from India like death certificate/Hospital certificate duly signed and stamped.
•Applications for Emergency Visa may be filled online (www.indianvisaonline.gov.in) and submitted at the High Commission along with the print out of the online visa application form, passport valid for a minimum of 180 days with at least two blank pages, 2 photographs (50mm x 50mm) and £107 (£80 Tourist visa fees + £2 Consular surcharge + £25) as Emergency Tourist visa fees in cash. Kindly note that we do not accept other modes of payment for this category of visa.
•The application in case of minors (below 16 years) needs to be submitted along with documents in original and self attested copy of the following: Marriage certificate, Birth certificate (full version), Consent form duly signed by both the parents and self attested copies of their current passport. The application form may be signed by either of the parents or both. A custody order from the Court is required in required in respect of children, whose parents are legally separated.
•Application for Emergency Visa (with supporting documents from India like Death Certificate/Hospital/Doctor's certificate) has to be submitted in person at the High Commission of India, Aldwych, London, from 1000 hrs to 1830 hours on any working day and from 1000 hours to 1700 hrs during Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
•All conditions applicable to Tourist visa will be applicable as detailed in service provider’s website http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/Tourist.html
•The decision of the High Commission in this matter shall be final.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:55 am

Mauser1905 wrote:
Sorry to know about your medical emergency. There is emergency visa for India see below link as well text copied from webpage. Hope this helps.

https://www.hcilondon.in/pages.php?id=28
Procedure for submission of Emergency Visa application

Emergency Visa is issued in cases of genuine emergency like death or serious illness of immediate family member (blood relation with proof of relationship) subject to production of supporting documentary evidence from India like death certificate/Hospital certificate duly signed and stamped.
•Applications for Emergency Visa may be filled online (http://www.indianvisaonline.gov.in) and submitted at the High Commission along with the print out of the online visa application form, passport valid for a minimum of 180 days with at least two blank pages, 2 photographs (50mm x 50mm) and £107 (£80 Tourist visa fees + £2 Consular surcharge + £25) as Emergency Tourist visa fees in cash. Kindly note that we do not accept other modes of payment for this category of visa.
•The application in case of minors (below 16 years) needs to be submitted along with documents in original and self attested copy of the following: Marriage certificate, Birth certificate (full version), Consent form duly signed by both the parents and self attested copies of their current passport. The application form may be signed by either of the parents or both. A custody order from the Court is required in required in respect of children, whose parents are legally separated.
•Application for Emergency Visa (with supporting documents from India like Death Certificate/Hospital/Doctor's certificate) has to be submitted in person at the High Commission of India, Aldwych, London, from 1000 hrs to 1830 hours on any working day and from 1000 hours to 1700 hrs during Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
•All conditions applicable to Tourist visa will be applicable as detailed in service provider’s website http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/Tourist.html
•The decision of the High Commission in this matter shall be final.
I think emergency visa seems to be for

Can anyone pls tell me if it is better for me to apply a tourist visa ?

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:37 pm

You only know what medical emergency you have.

The emergency visa India states
If you have genuine medical emergency (as you stated) then you should be availing it. However you are now a British citizen (assuming) so from HCI's perspective it will be difficult to convince if you have the medical problem yourself and wish to travel to India for treatment. However there is lots of medical tourism in India.

Have you tried contacting HCI or other consulate and getting their response? If you interpret the emergency visa is not applicable to you then why not apply for tourist visa without wasting time? As you have not applied for OCI and have been previous citizen of India then Medical visa is not really required IMHO.

Good luck.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:57 pm

Mauser1905 wrote:
You only know what medical emergency you have.

The emergency visa India states
If you have genuine medical emergency (as you stated) then you should be availing it. However you are now a British citizen (assuming) so from HCI's perspective it will be difficult to convince if you have the medical problem yourself and wish to travel to India for treatment. However there is lots of medical tourism in India.

Have you tried contacting HCI or other consulate and getting their response? If you interpret the emergency visa is not applicable to you then why not apply for tourist visa without wasting time? As you have not applied for OCI and have been previous citizen of India then Medical visa is not really required IMHO.

Good luck.
Yes I am applying for Tourist Visa .. in that I have put the reason in application as : Medical Treatment for self..

witll that cause any problem ?.. or shall I apply a new applicaiton for Tourist visa with other purpose ?.. as i Inted to stay with my parents too..

ALso can you pls let me know If they accept postal service as well ?? if yes .. pls tell the address.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:55 pm

Applications by Mail (Visa Only): Applicants wish to send the application by post must select UK- London” as Mission, while filling the application form online for Visa. Please Click Here for detailed information.
http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/how_to_apply.html

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:28 pm

Mauser1905 wrote:
Applications by Mail (Visa Only): Applicants wish to send the application by post must select UK- London” as Mission, while filling the application form online for Visa. Please Click Here for detailed information.
http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/how_to_apply.html

Thank you I did all that.. I didnt find the address if I have to send by post ...
also pls tell me

I Applied for Tourist Visa .. in that I have put the reason in application as : Medical Treatment for self..

witll that cause any problem ?.. or shall I apply a new applicaiton for Tourist visa with other purpose ?.. as i Inted to stay with my parents too..

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:41 pm

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/contact_us.html

I believe you will need to locate nearest VFS location from your address and see if they accept postal application.

visiting family and relatives, medical treatment should be fine.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:46 pm

Mauser1905 wrote:http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/contact_us.html

I believe you will need to locate nearest VFS location from your address and see if they accept postal application.

visiting family and relatives, medical treatment should be fine.
Thank you for the quick replies all the way..

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:18 am

I take it from the original post that the OP is a British citizen with former Indian citizenship.

If such is the case, he can apply for a long term (five year multiple entry) "X" (entry) visa.

The documentary requirements are

British passport
Indian passport surrender certificate
Self attested copies of the two items above.
Payment (about £150)

It takes three working days for issuance of this visa.