ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

verbina
Russia

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by verbina » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:24 pm

Shareen my dear! ( And everyone else who had been granted)
Biggest congratulations from me!!!!!!! Enjoy life on the other side!!!

Those still waitin, please stay strong and your day will come soon!! Im keeping my everything crossed for everyone of you here!!

To all my forum buddies and newbies *hugs!*

Verbzy xxxxxxx
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:27 pm

Ayeshaabbas wrote:hello

hope all of you are well

i got my decision today regarding flr fp and they have refused the application and given me a right of appeal by 8th april.

please tell me how much time it roughly takes if I submit the appeal documents by the first week of april?

also lets says that on the court hearing day, the judge decides against my application then, will i have another right to appeal some where? Will they usually give another right to appeal?

also lets say if i get an eventual rejection then how much time will the home office gives me to leave the country after the court hearing day?

please also tell me that why the home office hasn't returned my passports? Also during all this time, is there any restriction to my continuous employment?

thanks
Im very sorry to hear that hun. :(
I dont have the answers to your questions and hope our gurus on here would kindly advise...
I hope you wont have to wait too long. All the best!

october2013

Post by october2013 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:34 pm

Hi house
just wanted to share my good news, i have been given my indefinite leave to remain. I posted here when i had issues initially in 2013 and tot to give you all an update.

i would like to share my good news with my timeline, i received my decision letter and BRP today. decision letter came via 2nd class recorded whilst brp came via standard post.
Applied: 25 Oct 2014
Money deducted: 28 October 2014
Ack letter: 3 Nov 2014
Bio Invite: 17 Nov 2014
Bio done: 27 Nov 2014
11 March 2015 - HO wrote to request original copy of my degree certificate. Posted the original copy same day
23 March 2015 - HO phoned to query my certifcate and i told them they had my consent to contact the school directly to confirm my status.
23 March 2015 - Decision made
25 March 2015 - Decision letter and BRP recieved.

My case is slightly complex. I had continous stay from Nov 2004 till Nov 2013 when we (my husband and child) applied for discretionary leave via the 7 year route. We applied via a solicitor and it was rejected with right of appeal in Jan 2014.
Had FT hearing in 2014 March, the FTT upheld HO decision and notified us in April 2014, appealed again to UT and had hearing in May or June (cant remember again now), whilst waiting for the decision, i applied for my ILR when i was 9 years 11 months and 2 wks. 1 wk after my ILR application, the UTT replied and upheld the HO decision.
In this timeframe, i was made redundant, but then miraculously offered a higher paying job without them asking for my visa just my drivers license as proof of ID, moved home etc
My husband and son's case are still pending at the High court and i guess i would use my decision to vary their application
Praise GOD, indeed my GOD does wonders.
For those of us still trusting GOD, he will do his wonders in our lives just keep confessing and praising.

Maryk
Newly Registered

Post by Maryk » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:26 pm

Hi guys my name is MARY and I'm new to this forum, not even sure how to post queries but here we go,I was granted discretionary leave from previous leave which expired in 11/14, I received my decision on the 05/03/15, thing is my biometrics haven't arrived and I emailed them on Monday and was told this has been referred to caseworker, I've already had my biometrics done initially when I received acknowledgement letter of further leave application, plus can't find any numbers to get in touch with ukba so frustrating Pliz someone advice will be much appreciated.

redding
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by redding » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:28 pm

@mrsing what did you provide as evidence. Under which route and what was you situation?

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:04 pm

october2013 wrote:Hi house
just wanted to share my good news, i have been given my indefinite leave to remain. I posted here when i had issues initially in 2013 and tot to give you all an update.

i would like to share my good news with my timeline, i received my decision letter and BRP today. decision letter came via 2nd class recorded whilst brp came via standard post.
11 March 2015 - HO wrote to request original copy of my degree certificate. Posted the original copy same day
23 March 2015 - HO phoned to query my certifcate and i told them they had my consent to contact the school directly to confirm my status.

My case is slightly complex. I had continous stay from Nov 2004 till Nov 2013 when we (my husband and child) applied for discretionary leave via the 7 year route. We applied via a solicitor and it was rejected with right of appeal in Jan 2014.
Had FT hearing in 2014 March, the FTT upheld HO decision and notified us in April 2014, appealed again to UT and had hearing in May or June (cant remember again now), whilst waiting for the decision, i applied for my ILR when i was 9 years 11 months and 2 wks. 1 wk after my ILR application, the UTT replied and upheld the HO decision.
In this timeframe, i was made redundant, but then miraculously offered a higher paying job without them asking for my visa just my drivers license as proof of ID, moved home etc
My husband and son's case are still pending at the High court and i guess i would use my decision to vary their application
For those of us still trusting GOD, he will do his wonders in our lives just keep confessing and praising.
Such a beautiful story and you can see God's hand clearly in this. I wish you nothing but happiness..

Maryk
Newly Registered

Post by Maryk » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:17 pm

Congratulations to you Mrs well done goes to show God can work wonders cos I went thru similar situation as you, finally been given discretionary leave hopefully when I apply for ILR I'll be as happy as you, Pliz can u advice me, since I'm the Maryk the post above yours since I received my decision on the 5th, my biometrics haven't arrived I've emailed them and was advised the caseworker will call me but I've had nothing and I'm telling you every home office no I've got doesn't work or I'm waiting almost an hour for them to answer and I can't afford it, plus I've got a possible job position in two wks I'd really appreciate your advice. Thank you.

shaza
BANNED

Post by shaza » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:19 am

Hello to all / Gurus,

I urgently need advice. I applied as Tier 1 entrepreneur and got refused... Long story short.. now after JR refused, I got letter from court saying : "Application totally Without merit".

I became an overstayer during the process of fighting my case. Now im very worried as I don't know what to do.

My solicitor told me to apply for FLR fp , even as a overstayer to be able to stretch time. My Question is :

-- Will I get right of appeal if I/overstayer make FLR FP application at this time?

-- What are the chances of getting right of appeal?

- is there any other route i can apply to be able to stretch time till december this year?

Please please please,
Can GURUS advice me as Im totally confuse/depressed of what to do .

Thank you so much

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:00 am

october2013 wrote:Hi house

Well done hun! Congratulations well deserved! X

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:31 pm

Guys can you help

when I apply for discretionary leave which form is it as my wife was granted her visa 30 months under FLR FP parent 10 years route is it this form

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf

Is there a fee as its says there is no fee to pay when i do apply.

Maryk
Newly Registered

Re:BRP RECEIVED

Post by Maryk » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:47 pm

Hi everyone, this is Maryk, I received my brp this afternoon and I cannot tell you how ecstatic I'm, I've been in the uk for almost 15yrs, I have suffered to get where I'm and that's why I'll still be on this forum to give advice to those who need it. I don't claim to be an expert but I'll try and advice you on my own experiences. I've had people who I call friends give me the wrong advice, people can be cruel so be aware. I came to the uk in 1999 and applied for asylum same yr, was given two yrs stay with work permitted, after two yrs were up, I was denied more time and had to appeal, but on the advice of so called friends I never turned up for appeal and had to go underground for almost ten yrs! Eventually I'd had enough and a truly good friend who is like a brother advised me to face my fears and tackle the situation. He referred me to the refugee council in Brixton. Who referred me to Duncan & lewis solicitors, they took my case on in 2011, and weren't optimistic about my chances, I travelled to Liverpool to resubmit my case again! But as legacy due to many yrs in the uk. Decision came back after 3months declined. Still I didn't lose hope. By appeal time I was heavily pregnant by my boyfriend who was a Swedish national who had promised to stand by me, and had even been to see my solicitor with me, anyway to cut the long story short he left me high and dry and moved back to Sweden despite having lived here for almost 15yrs. Still I didn't lose hope, so come appeal time, I didn't miss my appointment and went to the meeting, and by God's grace, the judge said meeting had to be postponed as the was no decision on letter received. So we had to wait all over again. On the 15th of October 2011, I got a call from my solicitor who asked if I was sitting down, and I just knew what was coming from the tone of her voice. I'd been granted discretionary leave till 23/11/2013. I almost fainted!!! Three days l8r I went to collect my documents from my solicitor smiling all the way on the train. I had to start all over again council found me a home just before my son was born. 28 days before my leave was up I sent my application through on my own by the way, as same solicitor I'd used was going to charge 300 consultation fee and 1500 to prepare case, I thought, you know what, I'll do it myself I've got local connection now my cousin who lives in Exeter is godmother to my son and I'm godmother to her kids and I'll be moving there soon, so I prepared everything myself and sent application off, 6months l8r on the 05/03/2015, I got the decision leave granted till 03/03/2018,time which after I'll apply for ILR,So anyone out there who's feeling lost let me tell you God works wonders! If it's Allah or Buddha believe,have faith and you'll come out the other end. So as I said I'll log on everyday to help if I can. And I'll be starting my own blog soon God willing to give advice to others from my own experiences in this country. Because experience is a good teacher.so good luck to all God bless.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:55 pm

Many congratulations to you both October2013 and Maryk.
Truly deserved. Wish you all the best.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Re: Re:BRP RECEIVED

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:00 pm

Maryk wrote:Hi everyone, this is Maryk, I received my brp this afternoon and I cannot tell you how ecstatic I'm, I've been in the uk for almost 15yrs, I have suffered to get where I'm and that's why I'll still be on this forum to give advice to those who need it. I don't claim to be an expert but I'll try and advice you on my own experiences. I've had people who I call friends give me the wrong advice, people can be cruel so be aware. I came to the uk in 1999 and applied for asylum same yr, was given two yrs stay with work permitted, after two yrs were up, I was denied more time and had to appeal, but on the advice of so called friends I never turned up for appeal and had to go underground for almost ten yrs! Eventually I'd had enough and a truly good friend who is like a brother advised me to face my fears and tackle the situation. He referred me to the refugee council in Brixton. Who referred me to Duncan & lewis solicitors, they took my case on in 2011, and weren't optimistic about my chances, I travelled to Liverpool to resubmit my case again! But as legacy due to many yrs in the uk. Decision came back after 3months declined. Still I didn't lose hope. By appeal time I was heavily pregnant by my boyfriend who was a Swedish national who had promised to stand by me, and had even been to see my solicitor with me, anyway to cut the long story short he left me high and dry and moved back to Sweden despite having lived here for almost 15yrs. Still I didn't lose hope, so come appeal time, I didn't miss my appointment and went to the meeting, and by God's grace, the judge said meeting had to be postponed as the was no decision on letter received. So we had to wait all over again. On the 15th of October 2011, I got a call from my solicitor who asked if I was sitting down, and I just knew what was coming from the tone of her voice. I'd been granted discretionary leave till 23/11/2013. I almost fainted!!! Three days l8r I went to collect my documents from my solicitor smiling all the way on the train. I had to start all over again council found me a home just before my son was born. 28 days before my leave was up I sent my application through on my own by the way, as same solicitor I'd used was going to charge 300 consultation fee and 1500 to prepare case, I thought, you know what, I'll do it myself I've got local connection now my cousin who lives in Exeter is godmother to my son and I'm godmother to her kids and I'll be moving there soon, so I prepared everything myself and sent application off, 6months l8r on the 05/03/2015, I got the decision leave granted till 03/03/2018,time which after I'll apply for ILR,So anyone out there who's feeling lost let me tell you God works wonders! If it's Allah or Buddha believe,have faith and you'll come out the other end. So as I said I'll log on everyday to help if I can. And I'll be starting my own blog soon God willing to give advice to others from my own experiences in this country. Because experience is a good teacher.so good luck to all God bless.
You fought a good fight and it showed God was indeed on you side. All glory to him. Congratulations and I pray many good things will through with this new found breakthrough. Amen.

@October2013, well deserved freedom. Congratulations to you and the family

Maryk
Newly Registered

Re: Thanks

Post by Maryk » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:03 pm

Thanks @Dapsonlee God bless.

Maryk
Newly Registered

RE;thanks

Post by Maryk » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:07 pm

Many thanks @believe 2013.hopefully you're also in a good place.

Maryk
Newly Registered

Re: correct form

Post by Maryk » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:15 pm

@Zakir1988, you have the right form Zakir, there's no charge for this form it's free, apply 28 days before your wife's leave is due to expire, include as much as you can, e.g payslips, pictures of life in the UK, letters from from friends, but don't worry too much if you don't have most of these, as I've found honesty is much more important with the home office, and as long as you don't have a a criminal record you're good to go. But make sure, 28 days before leave is due, mark the calendar with the day you're sending application, and make sure to go over your form prior to sending. I wish you both luck.

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:02 am

Maryk wrote:@Zakir1988, you have the right form Zakir, there's no charge for this form it's free, apply 28 days before your wife's leave is due to expire, include as much as you can, e.g payslips, pictures of life in the UK, letters from from friends, but don't worry too much if you don't have most of these, as I've found honesty is much more important with the home office, and as long as you don't have a a criminal record you're good to go. But make sure, 28 days before leave is due, mark the calendar with the day you're sending application, and make sure to go over your form prior to sending. I wish you both luck.
Thanks maryk my wife leave recently got her visa under FLR FP 10 years route parent her leave ends in July 2017 just wanted to know in advance if it was the right form I fill in.

Maryk
Newly Registered

Re: right form

Post by Maryk » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:46 am

Hi Zahir it's the right form, discretionary leave form is free unlike other visas like indefinite leave to remain where the fee is quite substantial, so yeah it's the right form. Good luck for 2017.

october2013

Post by october2013 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:09 am

Maryk wrote:Congratulations to you Mrs well done goes to show God can work wonders cos I went thru similar situation as you, finally been given discretionary leave hopefully when I apply for ILR I'll be as happy as you, Pliz can u advice me, since I'm the Maryk the post above yours since I received my decision on the 5th, my biometrics haven't arrived I've emailed them and was advised the caseworker will call me but I've had nothing and I'm telling you every home office no I've got doesn't work or I'm waiting almost an hour for them to answer and I can't afford it, plus I've got a possible job position in two wks I'd really appreciate your advice. Thank you.

Thanks everyone for the wishes. God that did mine would do yours too

@MaryK - call HO on 03001232241 option 3 for an update on your application.

delialpi
Newly Registered

Post by delialpi » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:13 am

Hi guys
I hope you are all well and sound. I need an advice please on my case;
I came to the uk in 2002 when I was 7 then I had to go back to my country in 2011 hoping I would come back to the uk, but due to my country situation in 2011 I couldn't come back. However, I came back to the uk in 2012. All my stay was and still lawfully. When I first came I came as dependent child, my mum and sister and bro r in the uk, but my dad is still back home. Once my mum ilr application is granted he wil join us. Plus my sister still got pending ilr application as the judge at UK asked the HO to reconsider her application.

Basically I stayed in the uk for continuous 7 years, I am under 25, I lived in the uk more than my own country. I established my life in the uk and I can show that by letters and support letters from family and friends. I want to apply for flr (fp) based on family, private life and "exceptional circumstances "... I want to know what are my chances of success plus I want to know what are exceptional circumstances means?

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Tallywithme » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:31 pm

zakir1988 wrote:
Tallywithme wrote:Hi everyone,

So many success stories and positive people on this thread - it is so amazing to read.
The solicitors are helping me apply for discretionary leave (FLR - FP). I have gathered as much evidence as possible. Wish me luck! Well done to those that got their visa and keeping everything crossed for those that are waiting! I'll post my story/time line in due course; but for now, here's my post on my background:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 79537.html

Feel free to advice or share your thoughts. Thanks.
Hello Tallywithme

When applying for FLR FP you have to provide 2 years or more of evidence living together for example your name on bills etc..
Your partner who you living with name doesnt need to be on it you just show poof living together at the property and how many people live there only the applicants name needs to be on the bill and letters.

Remember it dont matter if your name on the bill has a bit if a spelling mistake as long as you can show proof of 2 years worth of letters in your name It doesn't has to be every month for example four to six letters for each year is fine.
Hi and thanks Zakir for your lovely posts... My application was refused. Fortunately with a right of appeal. Is this good news? We are lodging the appeal with the solicitors this week. How do I prepare myself? What to expect? Do I stand a chance? I see most of you are successful because of family. Does this mean I won't even if I have been here legally for 11yrs, have a good job and bought a flat. Parents/grandparents all deceased so I have no family back home apart from my brother... How do I convince the judge I cannot start again there. Not sure life is worth living anymore - not like this!!!
So happy for those that had good news and success stories. God bless!

october2013

Post by october2013 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:17 pm

Tallywithme wrote:
zakir1988 wrote:
Tallywithme wrote:Hi everyone,

So many success stories and positive people on this thread - it is so amazing to read.
The solicitors are helping me apply for discretionary leave (FLR - FP). I have gathered as much evidence as possible. Wish me luck! Well done to those that got their visa and keeping everything crossed for those that are waiting! I'll post my story/time line in due course; but for now, here's my post on my background:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 79537.html

Feel free to advice or share your thoughts. Thanks.
Hello Tallywithme

When applying for FLR FP you have to provide 2 years or more of evidence living together for example your name on bills etc..
Your partner who you living with name doesnt need to be on it you just show poof living together at the property and how many people live there only the applicants name needs to be on the bill and letters.

Remember it dont matter if your name on the bill has a bit if a spelling mistake as long as you can show proof of 2 years worth of letters in your name It doesn't has to be every month for example four to six letters for each year is fine.
Hi and thanks Zakir for your lovely posts... My application was refused. Fortunately with a right of appeal. Is this good news? We are lodging the appeal with the solicitors this week. How do I prepare myself? What to expect? Do I stand a chance? I see most of you are successful because of family. Does this mean I won't even if I have been here legally for 11yrs, have a good job and bought a flat. Parents/grandparents all deceased so I have no family back home apart from my brother... How do I convince the judge I cannot start again there. Not sure life is worth living anymore - not like this!!!
So happy for those that had good news and success stories. God bless!

if you have Ben here legally for 11yrs why not apply for ILR?

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Tallywithme » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:14 pm

Well, that's because I made a mistake thinking that my visa was due to expire in march 2015 when in actual fact it was in 2014... Reason I missed that was because I did not travel/leave the country for years, so my brp was always put away in a safe place. If I'd known better, I would have applied for ILR a long time ago. I'm too stupid to live!

ashishmor
Newly Registered

Re: correct form

Post by ashishmor » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:21 pm

hi i want to post my story here how can i submit all post from here i have no idea is anybody can help me pls

Ems1927

Post by Ems1927 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:41 am

We recently found out that the upper tribunal judge dismissed the home office's appeal. That was about a week ago.. Does anyone know how long (in terms of days) the home office have to appeal again?