ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Visa - Applying on behalf of someone

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

the_seeker

Family Visitor Visa - Applying on behalf of someone

Post by the_seeker » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:26 pm

Hello,
I am filling out a family visitor visa to get my parents to visit UK. I created an account in Visa4UK, selected applying on behalf of someone else, and filled the questions as per applicant i.e. 1 application with applicant details as my father and 1 application with applicant details as my mother.

Question is - there is a section in Family, Father / Mother etc. As applicant is my father, should I add my grandfather's details in Father?

Please help.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: Family Visitor Visa - Applying on behalf of someone

Post by Mauser1905 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:46 pm

the_seeker wrote:Hello,
I am filling out a family visitor visa to get my parents to visit UK. I created an account in Visa4UK, selected applying on behalf of someone else, and filled the questions as per applicant i.e. 1 application with applicant details as my father and 1 application with applicant details as my mother.

Question is - there is a section in Family, Father / Mother etc. As applicant is my father, should I add my grandfather's details in Father?

Please help.
Yes. Applicant is your father and mother as you stated. It is not mandatory IMHO if you miss certain details on this one.

the_seeker

Post by the_seeker » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:27 pm

Thanks, bit concerned as it asks for DOB of applicant's father/mother - and there are no documents with us for any of our grandparents!

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:49 pm

the_seeker wrote:Thanks, bit concerned as it asks for DOB of applicant's father/mother - and there are no documents with us for any of our grandparents!
Its there to see if your ancestors were having any British document etc. name, nationality is more than enough in those sections. Don't be concerned. If the form asks you to *complete* these date input to move onto next page, use a random date like 01/01/1950 etc.

the_seeker

Post by the_seeker » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:53 pm

Brill, thanks.

Top man Mauser!