ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complicated situation, your advice appreciated

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

twinpeaks
Newly Registered

Complicated situation, your advice appreciated

Post by twinpeaks » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:15 am

This is a bit of a tricky one but I will try and explain my situation as clearly as possible:

I would like to apply for a family visitor visa. My mother (british citizen) resides in the UK.

I am a permanent resident in Australia.

I am legally married to a man who is in the UK, he has just been granted his indefinite leave to remain. Prior to this, he was on humanitarian protection. He is still awaiting a travel document that enables him to travel. We met in 2008. We got married in Bali in 2012. I have visited the UK every year for the past five years (putting my mother as relative I intend to visit).

I have visited the UK once since we got married but this was on a visa granted on appeal for an application that was made prior to us getting married. By the time the appeal was allowed, we had wed. (Visa was initially rejected as ECO assumed that because I had a few months left to completing my studies, I would not return. Judge dismissed this and allowed appeal.)

In your opinion, what are my chances of getting a family visitor visa?

Do i put down just my mother or just my husband on the visa application form? Which living address do i put ?

Thank you for your help.

ban.s

Re: Complicated situation, your advice appreciated

Post by ban.s » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:49 am

chance of getting a visitor visa depends on the nature of visit and strength of supporting documents. considering you have had a previous refusal plus british mother and husband - both resident in the UK - you have to obviously satisfy the ECO that the nature of the trip would indeed be short stay visit with intention of return on completion of the trip.

Take a look at Visitors Guidance.

twinpeaks
Newly Registered

Re: Complicated situation, your advice appreciated

Post by twinpeaks » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:04 am

ban.s wrote:chance of getting a visitor visa depends on the nature of visit and strength of supporting documents. considering you have had a previous refusal plus british mother and husband - both resident in the UK - you have to obviously satisfy the ECO that the nature of the trip would indeed be short stay visit with intention of return on completion of the trip.

Take a look at Visitors Guidance.
Thank you for pointing me to the guidance links