ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Manka10

Re: December 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by Manka10 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:12 pm

PAK321 wrote:I think He dont know how hard to get any country's visa, applying naturalisation is lot easier than the getting visa of different countries. you chose the right way but on wrong month like me.
Dude, I think you missed the point, only option to salvage the holiday was to apply for a visa, how difficult it is to get one is a different story.
If you know when you are going to receive an approval and plan holidays accordingly then you might be stretching your luck a bit too far given the unpredictability of HO to decide on applications.
PAK321 wrote:Correction, If he applied on his own he can request online documents return after 10 or 15 working days and he can travel.
I applied by post and after 20 days i requested my passport and biom.. back, now i can go anywhere. YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS.
I admit this option slipped from my mind as with all other applications to the HO, the passport is retained until they reach a decision, also 99% of applicants opt for NCS for Naturalisation.
Anyway, for the OP this option of requesting the originals back can be used as a tool to wake up the CW from their slumber and force them to look in to the application if its gathering dust somewhere and very likely they might send a decision along with the docs since its been a while OP applied so goodluck!
Manka

fredsky59
Newly Registered

Post by fredsky59 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:34 am

We all know the history, it's better if home office do the processing of naturalisation quiqly as possible after getting nearly£1000 pound for each application so it make help us to cool down and less hassle, when it take nearly 6 month to decision which is mostly straight forward case after we paid this amount that's make us mad. Hope they do the application in 2-3 month max not in the last month so it's really helpfull , good luck for everyone and Pls update and share your new from HO which is very good and warm our harts .
Finger cross we all got news this month
Thanks every one

galaxy1
Newly Registered

Post by galaxy1 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:08 pm

Hello every body
There is no post since few days Perhaps no news.Anyway remain informed so that there is some encourgment.
Thanksj

brad1980

Post by brad1980 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:01 pm

Hi All

Reading through September applications, I noticed that allegedly it is taking longer (on average ) to have a news,say many receive their approval not even after 6 months has passed.

Applied 10 December as a Tier 1 + 1 Yeas ILR, anybody here in the same boat? It is absolutely frustrating...

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:02 pm

I applied on 3 November, very straightforward application. Never had any overstays, etc.

Will be 6 months in almost one month now. It is frustrating.

I don't mind waiting another month but I don't want to wait much longer for no logical reason, there can't be any logical explanation to this. I hardly even traveled outside UK and I was young when I lived in original country, so I don't have much history there...

I don't want to wait for something like 9 months or a year, it will ruin some of my plans. I hope they won't be so crazy. What I find amazing is that they wrote in an acknowledgment letter that 95% of applications are decided within 6 months. Looking at this forum, I would say it looks like it is not true, maybe 75-80%. And then about 20% wait for another 1-6 months... Crazy...

fredsky59
Newly Registered

Post by fredsky59 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:44 pm

My friend applied in September , very straight forward application , he got a letter wich told it may take other more 3 or 6 month, with no explanation !
I applied my self December , no news yet

galaxy1
Newly Registered

Post by galaxy1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:27 pm

I applied on 5th of dec spouse and 2 daughters. I called yesterday and asked for update but yet no decision made advised to wait patiently. I think it is not possible for home office to collect histry of every applicant from previous home country and if they do it may take very long.
I think they are short of staff and give less importance to 5 year route applicants.

fredsky59
Newly Registered

Post by fredsky59 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:12 pm

I don't think they can collect any type of background history from motherland contry of each applicant, some of them may but mostly couldn't , my contry iran never release any sort of information to them, they don't have a embassy in my country eather! I think reason is shorting in staff and nothing els

shail_84
Newly Registered

Post by shail_84 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:14 pm

[quote="shail_84"]Update

Eligibility criteria: 5 years TIER 2 ICT + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: LIUK & NARIC ELA and Degree Certificate
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS, Reading
Date of application: 02/12/14
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: DC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 05/12/14 (Royal Mail Tracking)
Date of acknowledgment: 18/Dec/14 (Payment Declined)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 22/Dec/14 (Payment made over phone)
Date approval received: 05/02/2015 (approval letter dated 22/01/2015)
Date of ceremony: 24/02/2015 (completed)

Passport applied!!!

PAK321

Post by PAK321 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:28 pm

On 25th Mar i requested 2nd document back in hope that they might send approval with it, unfortunately today they send my 2nd document back with the letter
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for sending these documents in support of your application for British Citizenship, Please find your documents enclosed as requested. However, once work begins on your application we may need to request them again but please do not send them until we write to you requesting them.
Applications are considered broadly in order of receipt and dealt with as quickly as possible.
Our telephone lines are very busy and you may not be able to get through.
If you need to contact us urgently you can
Fax us on 0151 213 1961

E-mail us at nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Write to the address on your acknowledgement letter marking your envelope ....

Please note that should your application for British Citizenship be successful your certificate will show the following details
Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Name at birth; xxxxxxxxxxxxx
DOB: xxxxxx
Place of Birth:xxxxxxxxxx

If these details are incorrect, please inform us.
---------------------------------------------------
This letter is the same as they sent me with my first document, now i have only one document left with them which i will request after 2 weeks to clear the dust from my form. LOL :D :lol: and in hope that may be they send approval with my last document.
by the way I applied 17th Dec 14

Lih
Newly Registered

Post by Lih » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:23 pm

Still no news on my 5th of December application but my dad received his approval today. He applied through NCS the 22nd of February. Letter was dated 22nd March. Makes no sense but it is what it is I guess.

fredsky59
Newly Registered

Post by fredsky59 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:26 pm

Still no news in our application on 1th December but hope get approval in 6 month, I don't like get a letter and say it may take other 6 month waiting time( one of my friend applied in August 2014 and after 6 month said it may take other 6 month time), hope not happens to me.
We have very straight forward case, couple with one child born in UK.
All the best to all

datgirlk
Newly Registered

Post by datgirlk » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:38 am

Applied on the 17th of December and still nothing. It really sucks because I've got a trip to Greece in June and now I have to start the process of applying for a visa as I'm sure it's not going to come on time.

Quite Suprising because my application is straight forward been at the UK since I was a child over 12 years here with ILR so not sure what checks they can do in my home country on a kid. My sisters got their approval in weeks.

I also had some points on my license but I declared it.... Hopefully I get my approval soon!

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:30 pm

datgirlk wrote:Applied on the 17th of December and still nothing. It really sucks because I've got a trip to Greece in June and now I have to start the process of applying for a visa as I'm sure it's not going to come on time.

Quite Suprising because my application is straight forward been at the UK since I was a child over 12 years here with ILR so not sure what checks they can do in my home country on a kid. My sisters got their approval in weeks.

I also had some points on my license but I declared it.... Hopefully I get my approval soon!
I dont think so HO is doing any kind of checks from applicant's home country unless something is serious. HO is just doing checks here in UK and not even for all applications. They r just randomly selecting applications and start working on them and rest r gathering dust in their store room and waiting to be allocated to the case worker.

galaxy1
Newly Registered

Post by galaxy1 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:37 am

hello everybody. Still waiting and waiting.If some one have any information please post.Even calling home office is now useless as they give standard answer. thanks

Trahman007

Post by Trahman007 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:22 am

galaxy1 wrote:hello everybody. Still waiting and waiting.If some one have any information please post.Even calling home office is now useless as they give standard answer. thanks
Hi I am still waiting also
I called the HO and they said to wait till six months.
I applied in the 1st week of December.
Should I get in touch with my mp or wait till the 6 months is over

galaxy1
Newly Registered

Post by galaxy1 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:30 am

what I understand there is no point before six months to contact MP. Even you contact MP the answer from HO will remain the same (wait 6 months) .thanks

iambest143
Newly Registered

Post by iambest143 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:38 am

Hi
i got today's letters but my HO letter is not in there. Fed up waiting for postman each day.

Applied on 9th Dec through NCS. Rang 4 to 5 times and every time the same old answer " wait till six months". ii guess no point in contacting MP. one of my friend has done it and they replied guidelines it may take uipto six months .

one of other friend applied march 9th and received approval 31st march. it took just 21 days. i think we were unlucky ones as we applied 1st and 2nd week of dec.

Hope fully we all get soon.

brad1980

Post by brad1980 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:04 am

Applied 10 December, Tier 1 General, No news yet, It is absolutely unfair why some get their answer in 3 weeks and some not even in 6 months period.

a5ifkamal

Post by a5ifkamal » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:12 am

Trahman007

Post by Trahman007 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:01 am

a5ifkamal wrote:https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-638297
response from UK Visa office
Thanks for the above.
so it seems the majority of cases in December are still pending

a5ifkamal

Post by a5ifkamal » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:25 am

Trahman007 wrote:
Thanks for the above.
so it seems the majority of cases in December are still pending
Its same for each month, i.e. October & November. Only few lucky ones are getting their approval in less than a month time.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:17 pm

U or whoever have asked them to provide the stats as of the date of their response which should have been in 8th of April 2015 but they have given out stats till 31-12-2014. Which means they do not include applications from DEC which has approved/processed from 01-01-2015 onward.

HO can not even read one simple email properly and act accordingly. How one can expect them to be efficient when dealing with naturalization applications.

We r totally in incompetent hands, may GOD shower some mercy on us and guide HO on the right path, thats the only thing anyone can do is pray.

sophia24
Newly Registered

Post by sophia24 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:46 pm

I made FOI for NOV and DEC 2014 applicants.
If any applicant interested in following it, he/she can view the link below

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-639355

123sandra123x
Newly Registered

Post by 123sandra123x » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:18 pm

Applicants: Adult +child
Eligibility criteria: EEA + PR
Language criteria met: LIfe in UK +B1 test
Method of application: NSC
Date of application: 03/12/14
Payment method: debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04/12/14
Date of acknowledgement: 12/12/14 ( E-MAIL)
Date of debit or clearance of fees:12/12/14
Phoned them on 10/02/15- still under consideration
Letter from Home Office asking for more information : 28/02/15 ( dated 24/02/15)
Home Office received additional information: 10/03/15
Phoned them on 15/04/2015: man on the phone was very kind to explain that they can not see anything on the screen for the applications made less when 6 months ago, basicly HO contacts applicants if they need any more information on the case and if they did not receive information they asked for. also nice voice on the phone said to me, that all cases are different and all cases take different time scale to do checks on them. Well for the next 7 and a half weeks nothing I can do just wait and enjoy nice weather :)
Date approval received: still waiting
Date of ceremony: still waiting