ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Finance loan

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sedor21

Student Finance loan

Post by sedor21 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:10 am

please can someone with 2.5yr resident permit with no restriction on it apply for student loan for university

Amber
Mood:

Re: Student Finance loan

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:38 pm

Why were you granted leave to remain, on what basis?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sedor21

Post by sedor21 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:01 pm

Amber wrote:Why were you granted leave to remain, on what basis?
the application was flr(m) base on unmarried partner for 8yrs and with three british children and british husband

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:40 pm

You'll need to be settled as you do not have leave as a refugee or humanitarian protection.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:21 am

Your wife may qualify for a tuition fee loan (not a maintenance loan or grant) as the spouse of an eu national (which includes a British national) assuming you are legally married, but she would need to show he was ordinarily resident in the EEA/UK FLR the 3 year prior to the start of the course. Time spend here unlawfully would not count as ordinary residence so it depends on her status prior to being granted her residence permit

See category 2

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... -entitled/

Note that if she doesn't meet this requirement then she also won't qualify for home fee status.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:04 am

sedor21 wrote:
Amber wrote:Why were you granted leave to remain, on what basis?
the application was flr(m) base on unmarried partner for 8yrs and with three british children and british husband

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:57 am

But he also says 'British husband' hence why I said they'd need to be legally married. I'd assumed having looked at the op's other posts that they had subsequently married of were planning to. The ops instructions are unclear.