ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dividend & salary transaction issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jatinuk

Dividend & salary transaction issue

Post by jatinuk » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:33 pm

Hi,

Firstly thanks a lot guys for helping me in my two extensions earlier. The forum is genuinely helping lost people (like me) for immigration guidance & save money. Really beyond appreciation.

Since the query is relevant to ILR & Tier both. I am posting it here.

For my ILR(applied to Tier1G too) application I wanted to take dividend & salary on monthly basis; as director & sole employee of limited company.

But due to some miss communication, my accountant forgot to register me for Employee's NI.
Since it is the first time I am doing something like this, so I naively transfer Dividend & salary from my business account to my personal account. (Ideally I should wait for salary slips to be generated by accountant)

Now my accountant is saying dividend is fine, but salary transaction (which have difference of reference only) cannot be claimed as salary as the NI contribution is not done on salary. In other words I was not registered as employee of my own company.

To fix this my accountants suggest mentioning the salary transaction as dividend too in the Account P&L Statement.
This will incur some cooperation tax. But they will prepare/highlight my account statement in that way that my salary transaction are considered as dividends.

Now I can claim only dividend (not salary) for my application.
My concern ,will it cause any issue with my ILR application ?

Amber,Vinny & accounts experts; please help me on this, feeling a big confused & lost.

Thanks