ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa application BHC Islamabad

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

workaholic
Newly Registered

Post by workaholic » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:39 am

Hi all,

This site is fab and has given me alot of info and support over the last few weeks.
My husband applied for his visa in Islamabad on 13th September through Gerry's.
He was called back on 19th for fingerprint test.
After this he rec'd a phone call asking him to pick up his passport and documents from Gerry's on 24th September.
At this point he was told tha he has an interview @ BHC on 2nd October.
Whilst I am extremely impressed by the speed in which BHC in Islamabad seem to be processing all cases at present im concerned about interview!
Does this mean that I havent supplied enough supporting documents?
Or do they not believe we are married?
What kind of questions are asked at interview? please help and let me know of any questions asked howerer insignificant they may seem!
I am probabaly more worried because I was married previously arranged with cousin from Pakistan), and i have 2 children from this marraige.
I sponsored my ex too but we unfortunately divorced in may 2005.
I met my now husband in March 2007 and fell in love (he is non family member) we married on 16th August 2007.
Please please any help and advise as to what might be asked of my husband would be appreciated.
I have sent wage slips 9 months, bank statements 9 months, original employment contract, attested copy of my passport, nino card driving licence, phone bills, phone cards, council tax bill, gas and electric bills, land registry paperwork, local council non overcrowding letter, supporting letter from me letter from both my children (these were emailed over to BHC today along with this months wage slip). Obviously also the completed form along with My husbands passport and our nikah nama and attested translation.
I hope that this is all that is needed but the fact that they seem to be rushing through to interview so quickly makes me so nervous!!!
Please please any bit of advise would be appreciated............Ifti's interview is on 2nd Oct so please please reply soon.

thank you in advance

topazstar

Islamabad Spouse Visa

Post by topazstar » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:37 pm

Hi - we recently applied in Karachi and have been waiting over 2 weeks with no news at all so your communication is fantastic. If you search on here for spouse visa pakistan you will see that some in Islamabad have been dealt with in 2 weeks, although they always tell you to allow 12 weeks. As for what the interview means, that again seems to indicate that they want to clarify things - if they needed more information I think they normally tell you that when you collect the passport back. They should have returned docs to you but remember to take any EXTRA documents with you to the interview.... your list seems complete - only other things we were told to include were photos of us together and details of how we kept in touch i.e. lists of calls, texts, emails etc i.e. anything to prove our relationship. Suggest you take thse to interview as better to take too much than not enough. Your search on this forum should give you lots of feedback from people who have already gone through interview procedure.
GOOD LUCK!!!!

topazstar

Spouse visa Pakistan

Post by topazstar » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:52 pm

Hi - Just noticed too that you met in march and married in august, exactly the same as us!!! Let's hope that's a good luck sign for both of us.

workaholic
Newly Registered

Islamabad spouse application

Post by workaholic » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:48 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, good luck with your application, we have also given in letters and cards sent to each other, wedding and honeymoon pics too.
Good luck with your application inshallah I hope that all goes well for you.
Inshallah we will both get some good news soon.
ps they have returned all of our docs to my husband!

topazstar

Re: Islamabad spouse application

Post by topazstar » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:58 pm

workaholic wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your reply, good luck with your application, we have also given in letters and cards sent to each other, wedding and honeymoon pics too.
Good luck with your application inshallah I hope that all goes well for you.
Inshallah we will both get some good news soon.
ps they have returned all of our docs to my husband!
Then it sounds like you have submitted all that you need to. I expect they might just ask your husband about some of the contents of your application and personal information - some examples I have read on this forum for example..... where does your wife work..... ages of your children......why do u want to settle in UK etc.....
Please do keep this link updated and let us all know how you get on with interview. By the way, some people seem to get the result at the interview, others get it afterwards. This time of waiting is certainly a test for all of us.....and will make it so wonderful once reunited.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:18 pm

I think they are interviewing everyone now that they are taking fingerprints too.

I wish all my Pakistani clients got seen to this quickly!

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

archigabe

Re: spouse visa application BHC Islamabad

Post by archigabe » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:08 pm

workaholic wrote: I am probabaly more worried because I was married previously arranged with cousin from Pakistan), and i have 2 children from this marraige.
I sponsored my ex too but we unfortunately divorced in may 2005.
I met my now husband in March 2007 and fell in love (he is non family member) we married on 16th August 2007.
You don't mention if you sent documents regarding your divorce. Did the BHC ask for it, or do they not know that you were in a previous marriage with a pakistani national? You might want to consider sending a copy of the divorce certificate.

workaholic
Newly Registered

Post by workaholic » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:29 am

Hi all,

Thanks for all your positive responses!

I have sent my divorce paperwork too. decree absaloute and talakh nama.

So now I guess its just try to relax and wait!!!!!

Dua karna please everyone!!

workaholic
Newly Registered

spouse application BHC Islamabad

Post by workaholic » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:30 pm

hi all,

Just to give everyone some hope and good news, my friend who is also a dirvorcee with 2 kids applied for her hubby visa in Islamabad a week before me they processed everything in the same way as my hubby's case and he had his interview today....and got his visa!!!!!
Great news!!
They asked him loads of questions about his wife and her kids thier lifestyle likes and dislikes etc!
But the ECO was very nice and made him feel at ease.
She had submitted everything as I have!!

topazstar

Re: spouse application BHC Islamabad

Post by topazstar » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:35 pm

workaholic wrote:hi all,

Just to give everyone some hope and good news, my friend who is also a dirvorcee with 2 kids applied for her hubby visa in Islamabad a week before me they processed everything in the same way as my hubby's case and he had his interview today....and got his visa!!!!!
Great news!!
They asked him loads of questions about his wife and her kids thier lifestyle likes and dislikes etc!
But the ECO was very nice and made him feel at ease.
She had submitted everything as I have!!
Hi - just realised your interview was today. Please let us know how you got on, even though u may not have decision as yet. We are still waiting and no news from our submission Karachi 3 wks ago........ :(

workaholic
Newly Registered

Husband Interview @BHC Islamabad

Post by workaholic » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:55 am

Hi thanks for your concern,

Unfortunately refused on grounds of they dont think that my husband intends to live with me in a long term marraige.

Purely because he was unable to answer a few stupid questions about my previous marraige!! we had never discussed as we wanted to leave the pas in the past!!!

He knew my ex hubbys name but didnt know date of my previous marraige!!

He knew all about me, my kids and my brothers and sisters even knew extended family.

They asked him about my hobbies and he said that I am busy with work and kids that I dont have time for hobbies. They thought this meant he didnt know about my life!!!

The Eco was rude and kept talking over my husband and shouting him down!!

So now we have to go through the hassle and stress of appeal for NO CLEAR REASON!!

Good luck with your application though, inshallah it will be fine.

topazstar

Re: Husband Interview @BHC Islamabad

Post by topazstar » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:00 am

workaholic wrote:Hi thanks for your concern,

Unfortunately refused on grounds of they dont think that my husband intends to live with me in a long term marraige.

Purely because he was unable to answer a few stupid questions about my previous marraige!! we had never discussed as we wanted to leave the pas in the past!!!

He knew my ex hubbys name but didnt know date of my previous marraige!!

He knew all about me, my kids and my brothers and sisters even knew extended family.

They asked him about my hobbies and he said that I am busy with work and kids that I dont have time for hobbies. They thought this meant he didnt know about my life!!!

The Eco was rude and kept talking over my husband and shouting him down!!

So now we have to go through the hassle and stress of appeal for NO CLEAR REASON!!

Good luck with your application though, inshallah it will be fine.
So sorry to hear about your experience - it is beyond belief that they can treat people like this. We have still not heard anything. I am sure there is a good chance of the refusal being overturned by the supervising ECO once you submit your appeal - apparently this is the first stage in the process sand your reason for refusal is so RIDICULOUS. If this happens then it will not need to go to Appeal in UK. These Eco's need to be put in their place as I regard their behaviour as disgraceful.
There are some good sites on appeal process so let me know if you need any help.
I will of course let you know once we hear news of any sort.
Best wishes.

workaholic
Newly Registered

bhc islamabad application refusal

Post by workaholic » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:42 pm

Hi,

have spoken to a solicitor who will put together the appeal for me and he is very optimistic that it will be overturned!
keep your chin up inshallah all will be fine for you.
no news is good news!!

xx

workaholic
Newly Registered

me again!!

Post by workaholic » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:44 pm

you mentioned some good sites on appeals??? please could you supply more info. thanks

topazstar

Appeals

Post by topazstar » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:59 pm

workaholic wrote:you mentioned some good sites on appeals??? please could you supply more info. thanks
This site is very good:

www.ait.gov.uk/appeals/appeal.htm

We've also planned to use a solicitor, if we have a rejection..... I have heard that 12 week visa processing time has now become closer to 2 wks in most cases, as they have just opened new offices in Islamabad and improving the service.....so might it be worth you re-applying same time as appealing? Would cost £500 again BUT could save months as I have heard appeals process can be lengthy? maybe your solicitor would know more about this - would be interesting to get his viewpoint as 2wks is bearable for any of us but the thought of having to wait up to 6 months is never good.
I'll keep u posted on our application too..... will be a month next week but we did apply BEFORE the new visa centre was opened.

workaholic
Newly Registered

HUBBYS VISA AND ILR GRANTED :)

Post by workaholic » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:10 pm

:D hEY EVERYONE iM BACK, SORRY HAD ALOT GOING ON SO DISAPPEARED FOR A WHILE!
MY HUSBANDS VISA WAS GRANTED BEFORE APPEAL SO THANKFULLY DIDNT HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL THAT PALAVA!!!
HE HAS NOW BEEN IN THE UK SINCE JAN 2008 AND HAS HIS ILR :) WE HAVE A BABY GIRL SHE IS ALMOST 1 YEARS OLD.
COULDNT HAVE DONE ANY OF IT WITHOUT THE HELP OF MOHAMMED AMJAD AT DEXTER MONTAGUE SOLICITORS HE IS GREAT!! :)
WE ARE CURRENTLY PLANNING A TRIP BACK HOME TO VISIT HIS FAMILY NEXT MONTH. CANT WAIT.
WILL BE BACK WITH ANY NEW UPDATES RE BRITISH CITIZENSHIP ETC IN A FEW MONTHS BUT ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PROCESS PLEASE GET IN TOUCH. THANKS :)