ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER ADVICE PLS

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bloodmcrmy64
Newly Registered

NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER ADVICE PLS

Post by bloodmcrmy64 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:35 pm

Good day,

I would like to get a national insurance number for my mum and here is my situation.

She recently received an EEA family member Residence Documentation (January 2015) and I would like to apply her a NIN.
When I called to the JobCentre Plus I told them that I just recently had the residence documentation.
They asked me for what is the NI Number, I told them for local council and savings (as stated in their website it is part of the requirements).
They told me that they don't release NI Numbers for local council and saving, better talk to the local council on what to do.

My mum is currently disabled and unable to work due to stroke and she is dependent on my sister and my sister's partner (an EEA national and is currently employed here in UK).

I would like to know why she cannot apply for an NI number, although she has has been granted a residence documentation
and is she eligible even though she cannot work due to her sickness?

I hope someone can help me and give me advice regarding this matter.
Thank you in advance to those who can respond.

AbbeyCharles
Newly Registered

Re: NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER ADVICE PLS

Post by AbbeyCharles » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:17 pm

Hi
I was not sure why you would want your mum get a national insurance because you already said she is disabled.
National Insurance is giving out to those who are working , and 16 years and above or who are earning profit if they are self employed.
And in this case your mum does not fall into any stage.

Why would you then want a National insurance for her. as she is not contributing nothing to the economy, the only person that needs the National Insurance in my opinion is your sister who doubled as her carer.