ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage breakdown

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nshah12
Newly Registered

Re: Marriage breakdown

Post by Nshah12 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:06 am

Thankyou for your reply.

I can't have him take my child as he isn't responisble enough. There have been many cases where he has been present and the little one has injured himself because his father was too busy chatting to his 'female friends'. Careless. Also if he'd get custody he'd probably run back to his mother along with my child and I can't allow that to happen so it's all Abit risky.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:59 am

Nshah12 wrote:Thankyou for your reply.

I can't have him take my child as he isn't responisble enough. There have been many cases where he has been present and the little one has injured himself because his father was too busy chatting to his 'female friends'. Careless. Also if he'd get custody he'd probably run back to his mother along with my child and I can't allow that to happen so it's all Abit risky.
I didn't mean that you actually give the custody. Play the card to scare him enough to get your divorce completed without been coerced as he and his uncle doing, or on very optimistic side he realises his mistakes and returns to your and child.

Also if he runs with child (hypothetically only) to home country; how is he going to renew his visa.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:39 pm

Mauser1905 wrote:

I didn't mean that you actually give the custody. Play the card to scare him enough to get your divorce completed without been coerced as he and his uncle doing, or on very optimistic side he realises his mistakes and returns to your and child.

Also if he runs with child (hypothetically only) to home country; how is he going to renew his visa.
A child is not a card to play! Why would she suggest this when it is clearly not what is best for the child or what she wants either! What if he agreed?!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:14 pm

Simply refuse access, and provide proof that he has no interest in the child.

It is best to sever ties now, than when he has got what he want and then abandon the child.

The will cause severe distress to the child.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:19 pm

It is not advisable to refuse all contact in this situation. They are already going through mediation and it seems as if limited contact has been agreed. If she refuses all contact then he can take her to court and the court is likely to order contact. She will find it difficult to prove that he only wants to see the child for the visa. It is better that she agrees contact on her own terms through mediation then forcing him to go to court and possibly having to agree to more. I really don't understand this continued insistence at trying to tell this lady to prevent contact when she is already going through mediation and has said that she can't and won't block contact.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:07 am

Greenie wrote:
Mauser1905 wrote:

A child is not a card to play! Why would she suggest this when it is clearly not what is best for the child or what she wants either! What if he agreed?!
OP has the child and wants best for child, however the man is playing the child card for his own interest in this case from what OP states. So scaring him off about owning up the responsibility wholly is not playing with child's best interests as it is clearly understood he will not be in any position to take it on.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:58 pm

I'm locking this thread as it's no longer proving helpful.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.