ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

akhurshid

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by akhurshid » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:34 pm

sadiq.wmin wrote:Hi,

I have granted ILR on 26/03/2014, As i was checking for NCS appointment i m only getting on 26/03/2015.

As i have to wait 12 months before applying for Nationality - Is 26/03/2015 be OK for me ?

do i have to apply later ?

Thanks in Advance

Sadiq
your 12 months are up on 25th so you'll be fine on 26th.

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:03 pm

Bingo_123 wrote:ok guys, i will be applying for my passport next week. using check n send
what documents do i need ?
passport
brp
citizenship certificate

anything else ??

other tips n tricks please advise
the NCS officer asked me for my BRP, no harm bringing it. Just BRP, KOL cert, English cert and the application form. No need payment slip as the NCS office will use their own.

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:19 pm

happyguy82 wrote:
the NCS officer asked me for my BRP, no harm bringing it. Just BRP, KOL cert, English cert and the application form. No need payment slip as the NCS office will use their own.
You mean the guy at PO asked you for BRP?
BRP is not required for passport. BRP can not prove your eligibility to obtain passport.
If someone at PO ask you that, that basically means that they are not trained and just ask every possible thing that they know of.
That is the reason I don't use check and send. Form tells you exactly what to send so why bother paying few more quids just to get more tension?

Sebastian92K
Newly Registered

Post by Sebastian92K » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:12 pm

Hi,

I have been in UK since January 2006 (I WAS 14 YEARS OLD, LIVING WITH PARENTS), I am a Polish national. I do NOT hold the Permanent Residence Card.

Since April 2006 I have attended a school in England;
From 2006 till 2010, it was a secondary school, from which I have obtained my GCSEs Certificates.
From 2010 till 2012, it was a college, from which I have recieved my A-Level Certificates.

The above already adds up to 6 years of residency.

In early 2013 I moved to Scotland, for the first year I have worked, and then went to college to get my Highers done.
In 2014, I finished college in Scotland, and got my Higher Certificates. I have only been working since then.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the GUIDE AN;

For Students:
1. Letter from the public or private establishment confirming that you were
enrolled on a course of study, including vocational training, throughout the
relevant 5 year period.
2. Evidence that you are covered by sickness insurance against all risks in respect

Now, my questions are;

1. Are these Certificates (THEY HAVE A DATE OBTAINED WRITTEN ON THEM) a valid form of confirmation that I was enrolled to study?
2. Do I still need to provide evidence for the insurance? (STUDYING IN SCHOOL THE HEALTHCARE IN UK IS FREE UP UNTIL YOU ARE 19, RIGHT? WHICH WOULD MEAN THAT I AM PASSED BOTH MY 5 YEAR PERIOD, AND EVEN THE 6 YEAR PERIOD?)

Thanks in advance guys!
Sebastian

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:38 pm

akhurshid wrote:
happyguy82 wrote:
You mean the guy at PO asked you for BRP?
BRP is not required for passport. BRP can not prove your eligibility to obtain passport.
If someone at PO ask you that, that basically means that they are not trained and just ask every possible thing that they know of.
That is the reason I don't use check and send. Form tells you exactly what to send so why bother paying few more quids just to get more tension?
Sorry my mistake. I didn't realise they were applying for passport.

kokonut
Newly Registered

Post by kokonut » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi there ladies.
I am just about to complete my 3 years of naturalization time. Just wondered if anyone knew whether you would have to complete the whole time of the naturalisation before you applied, or whether you can apply a few weeks before the 3 years are due. (I applied for ILR 4 weeks before the time was up and was acceptable by Home office but don't seem to be able to find that information for this process). Thanks

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:40 pm

kokonut wrote:Hi there ladies.
I am just about to complete my 3 years of naturalization time. Just wondered if anyone knew whether you would have to complete the whole time of the naturalisation before you applied, or whether you can apply a few weeks before the 3 years are due. (I applied for ILR 4 weeks before the time was up and was acceptable by Home office but don't seem to be able to find that information for this process). Thanks
You can't apply earlier for citizenship

sadiq.wmin
Mood:
India

Post by sadiq.wmin » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:35 pm

Hi experts,

I'm due for Nutralisation, I booked Appointment with NCS end of this month

can you please help me answering below questions

1. Document Required - ILR - BRP issue year ago, Life in UK certificate, MSc degree(English Requirement), non-eu passport

Do i need anything esle like : Employement Letter, Payslips,bank statement, Marriage certificate(I m going alone - My Wife not British)

2. Referrences
I have couple of Friends who can give me referecens but just wanted to know about Professional person
1 - Doctor
2 - Post Man

Can i use any 1 from above

3. 5 year address - does it has to be exactly 100% correct - I dont know exact date but roughly i knw.

Thanks in Advance

Sadiq

Jaeger
Mood:

Post by Jaeger » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:08 pm

Sebastian92K wrote: Now, my questions are;

1. Are these Certificates (THEY HAVE A DATE OBTAINED WRITTEN ON THEM) a valid form of confirmation that I was enrolled to study?
2. Do I still need to provide evidence for the insurance? (STUDYING IN SCHOOL THE HEALTHCARE IN UK IS FREE UP UNTIL YOU ARE 19, RIGHT? WHICH WOULD MEAN THAT I AM PASSED BOTH MY 5 YEAR PERIOD, AND EVEN THE 6 YEAR PERIOD?)

Thanks in advance guys!
Sebastian
1. Ask your former school/college to send you letters confirming that you were enrolled in those years.
2. You will have to satisfy this requirement in one way or another. You could try to provide Polish EHIC (or a letter from health authorities) covering a five-year period but I doubt it will possible since your parents were here as well. Your can try to apply as a family member of an EEA national. So you would rely on for example your mother's or father's Treaty Rights. (work, self-employment etc)

A lot of people these days find themselves hitting the wall with this CSI requirement. I'm also Polish and living in the UK since 2006. Most of the years spent as a student and living with parents.

I have applied for a PR document back in November 2013 because I wasn't sure about my status and Form AN isn't 100% clear. Now I have applied for naturalisation with PR document and hoping for the best. New application form for PR document is much more complicated than it used to be.

You can try to apply for PR document and see where it takes you. If it succeeds then you can use the same batch of documents for naturalisation or wait another year and then apply just with PR card.

Good luck

vspv
Newly Registered

Post by vspv » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:22 am

Hi,
April 2013we got our ILR, and we were eligible for citizenship since last year . I m planning to apply citizenship for me and my daughter now. Since my wife was not in uk in March/April 2010 thus would not be able to apply citizenship for her.
1.when I apply for citizenship then does my wife need to apply any other visa , or she will be fine with her ILR-dependent for another 1 year before she applies for citizenship??
2. Does my daughter is good to apply citizenship along with me considering my wife will not apply for citizenship?
3. Is My understanding of my wife being not eligible for citizenship correct as she was on holidays and was not in uk exactly 5 years back?

Thanks. Your response will definitely help me.

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:06 am

Hello all,

I am going to apply for naturalisation later this month. I received my ILR 11th January 2014.

When applying for ILR, I took the Life in the UK test. I have a degree from the University of Nottingham and I will include my graduation certificate within the application.

What else will I need to bring?

If I apply via NCS, will it reduce the time significantly? Also, I will need to pay for a ceremony fee on top of the application fee, or is that separate?

Form AN is very grey, not clear at all!

Thanks in advance.

kokonut
Newly Registered

Post by kokonut » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:15 pm

Thanks akhurshid for your reply on my query. Very helpful. Kozeta (kokonut)

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:19 pm

ppycrmt wrote:Hello all,

I am going to apply for naturalisation later this month. I received my ILR 11th January 2014.

When applying for ILR, I took the Life in the UK test. I have a degree from the University of Nottingham and I will include my graduation certificate within the application.

What else will I need to bring?

If I apply via NCS, will it reduce the time significantly? Also, I will need to pay for a ceremony fee on top of the application fee, or is that separate?

Form AN is very grey, not clear at all!

Thanks in advance.
You have already met KoLL requirements. If you still have the LIUK certificate, just send that.
If applying through NCS, they may ask you to send your degree again so be ready if they do. In my opinion, it is not required as you have already met the KoLL requirement.
Applying through NCS doesn't change the time it takes the HO to process your application.
£906 includes the ceremony fee. You'll only need to pay again if you opt for a private ceremony.

qwert44
Newly Registered

Post by qwert44 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:32 pm

Hello!!

Do somebody know how can back my supporting documents from Home office??
They ask me to send my original papers help to make a decision for my Citizenship application.
They accepted my papers but I still did not received them back after 1 month.
I got letter for them which is saying I will gonna get back my papers via Royal Mail 2 class.

I tried to contact Ukvi via internet and also I called them they said I have to wait but still nothing happened.

Somebody had a same problem??

hallamking
Newly Registered

Post by hallamking » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:17 pm

Hi Guys,

Subject: KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT.

I have a quick enquiry about the naturalisation application (AN) where one of the criteria under section 1 (1.2) of Knowledgeoflanguage/lifeintheUK:

✔ I have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification; OR

✔ I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
(i) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
(ii) the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country(other than Canada); OR

✔ I am a national of a majority English speaking country; OR

✔ I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013; OR

✔ I wish to claim exemption on the basis of my physical or mental condition (physical and/or mental illness
may not lead automatically to exemption. You should provide reasons on page 15. Your application may fail
and the fee retained if insufficient reasons for exemption are provided).

My Question to you is I have my IELTS certificate taken in 2006 in India,for previous Immigration purposes.Will this be valid for speaking and listening Qualification in English B1 CEFR or higher.
I also have a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration from Sheffield Hallam University will this be accepted as a qualification taught in English.

And further regarding my wife's Qualification, she has a Bachelors degree from India which on Point Based Calculator gets her 20 Points for qualification and 10 points for degree taught in English Language. So can I submit evidence from the on-line points calculator, together with the original degree certificate, to demonstrate that my wife can satisfy the English language element of the Knowledge of Language in the UK requirement or do I still need to obtain confirmation from UK NARIC that the qualification was taught or researched in English by requesting an English Language Assessment (ELA) and also request a Statement of Comparability.

If someone could please revert back to me will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

REQUEST1

Post by REQUEST1 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:54 pm

DEAR members,
Iam applying MN1 for my uk born child as both parents got ILR recently.MY son stayed in INDIA for nearly 10 months in india when he is under tier 2 dependent.For uk born children under 18, is there any travel limit or any restrictions that no more than 270 days out of country or does that apply only for the children born abroad.. please share your views and experiences

many thanks,
RJ

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:01 pm

REQUEST1 wrote:DEAR members,
Iam applying MN1 for my uk born child as both parents got ILR recently.MY son stayed in INDIA for nearly 10 months in india when he is under tier 2 dependent.For uk born children under 18, is there any travel limit or any restrictions that no more than 270 days out of country or does that apply only for the children born abroad.. please share your views and experiences

many thanks,
RJ
Time limit doesn't matter for UK born as registration is by entitlement.

foartedraguta
Newly Registered

Post by foartedraguta » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:58 pm

Hey everyone,

So, I have a lot of questions and I don't really understand too much of the process; I am asking these questions on behalf of my wife who is pretty upset right now (from the conversations she had with HO). I am not a UK citizen, I am in the UK on a working visa. We are looking to travel, while basing out of the UK (we are comfortable here) and my passport allows me much more freedom of movement than hers does.

There is an issue that seems to have arisen when going through the process of naturalization. She was in post-secondary until June or July 2011. From then she spent some time in Greece and returned to England before October 2011. She had been living with her mother for this time, and she was not working until January 2012, and then continued on with taking more university courses in May 2012, until she could take her PGCE in 2012.

Between October 2011 and January 2012, she had spent the time doing some applications (mostly online) for work and volunteering. She did not have much luck until January 2012. So, from what I understand is that she needed to have Private Medical Insurance from October until January? She can't find record of it, and thus doesn't think she had it. Is there anything that can be done about that? Does applying for jobs matter, or are you still supposed to have Private Medical Insurance during that process?

She was living with her mother at the time, who was working, but she would have been 26 and 27 (birthday in December).

She received her PR in 2008, if that makes a difference.

Any suggestions or anyone know of anything that can be done?

san2014

Post by san2014 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:27 pm

Hi everybody,
I wonder if anyone could answer my questions please?
My boyfriend has applied for naturalisation since 9 May 2014 and he hasn't received the answer for the passport yet :( they just saying wait
Now we have a baby and we want to apply for her british passport.
The solicitor said that you can apply because she is eligible as her father has ILR(Indefinite leave to remain) despite the fact that he don't have the passport yet.
When I went to the Post office with the form and the copy( because the original is in the Home Office) of his ILR she said NO because he don't have the naturalisation yet :(

I don't know what to do because all the solicitors that we have spoked have said YES send the form ?

But we don't know what to do?
Is anyone knows about this case or has heard please??

Many thanks in advance

sabidh12

Post by sabidh12 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi everybody
Pls i need ur help. I sent my application with supporting documents for naturalisation in feb. I need my passport back urgently as i hv to travel to my home country to participate in my mom's funeral.
I called ukba this morning and the lady on phone said that the team would call me.
Any body if u hv any idea when they will call me and will giveme my documents.

Im really very upset.

The.Watcher

Post by The.Watcher » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:47 pm

sabidh12 wrote:Hi everybody
Pls i need ur help. I sent my application with supporting documents for naturalisation in feb. I need my passport back urgently as i hv to travel to my home country to participate in my mom's funeral.
I called ukba this morning and the lady on phone said that the team would call me.
Any body if u hv any idea when they will call me and will giveme my documents.

Im really very upset.
Sorry for your loss, but I'm aware of requesting for your documents using this form Just be careful to not cancel your application as you fill and submit. As for the call back I cannot say nor anticipate when that would happen sadly.

I think the ETA for return of docs is 20days but I have read a few people on here who got the documents back within a week I believe.

wizkid2015
Newly Registered

Post by wizkid2015 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:40 pm

Dear Members,

Please advise regarding MN1 for my child born in UK. My current status Tier 1 General, if I go ahead for same day application for ILR for myself and my wife only and then very next day can I apply for natualisation for my child using MN1 - bearing in mind that still do not have my new BRP card confirming my ILR?

Appreciate your help
Thanks

drdheer

Post by drdheer » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi,

Do not worry. My BRP was delivered on 3rd working day after ILR granted at Glasgow PEO this month.

I am applying for my son now.

All the Best!

ketanvora
Newly Registered

Post by ketanvora » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:38 pm

I submitted my Naturalisation application on 31st March 2015 via the NCS route. My passport (Indian Passport) was verified, copy of which was certified and submitted to HO successfully. After I took back my original passport, an urgent travel has come up and my current passport did not have enough blank pages. So I applied to renew my current passport and have now received a new /fresh Indian passport which has enough blank pages to enable my travel. Before applying for a the new passport I checked with the Home Office (on their 0300 contact number) if renewing the passport of which a copy was submitted via NCS immediately after the application, would anyways impact my application? They confirmed that this should not matter and it would be ok to renew the passport. They said that the passport should be current at the time of application at the NCS. I also checked the same with NCS and they also said it should not matter if renew my passport after application.

I wanted to double-check with members in this group, if this is ok or should I proactively let Home Office know in writing that my passport number has now changed.
Would appreciate responses.

PAK321

Post by PAK321 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:13 pm

san2014 wrote:Hi everybody,
I wonder if anyone could answer my questions please?
My boyfriend has applied for naturalisation since 9 May 2014 and he hasn't received the answer for the passport yet :( they just saying wait
Now we have a baby and we want to apply for her british passport.
The solicitor said that you can apply because she is eligible as her father has ILR(Indefinite leave to remain) despite the fact that he don't have the passport yet.
When I went to the Post office with the form and the copy( because the original is in the Home Office) of his ILR she said NO because he don't have the naturalisation yet :(

I don't know what to do because all the solicitors that we have spoked have said YES send the form ?

But we don't know what to do?
Is anyone knows about this case or has heard please??

Many thanks in advance
you have to do online request for the documents return
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml
I received 4th working day my documents back.
Just make sure to select NO, when question come " Do you want to cancel application"