ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions regarding filling up form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gtx2010

Questions regarding filling up form AN for naturalisation

Post by gtx2010 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Dear experts,

Please help me with the following queries regarding form AN for Naturalisation as BC as a Spouse of BC. Many thanks in advance!!!

Section 1.11

Please give previous Immigration and Nationality Directorate or Border and Immigration Agency or UK Border Agency reference number.
-- I came to UK as a spouse of BC on Spouse visa. Now got ILR last year. Do I have to put any reference number here? If yes which ref number?

Section 1.17

Please provide your addresses for the past five years.
-- I'm applying as a Spouse of BC under 3 year rule. I have lived in one address for past 3 years and filled in address and date moved in this address in section 1.16. Do I have to provide this address again and any other addresses in section 1.17 ? Do I need to provide address outside the UK for previous 2 years to cover total 5 years?

Section 1.22
I have passed Life in the UK test. I will put my test number in the box. Do I have to tick that first line where it says "I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement"?

Section 3.1 What is your occupation?
-- I never worked in the UK and not working at the moment. Shall I put "Housewife" in occupation or leave it blank? Or shall I put "Doctor" as my occupation is written as Doctor in my passport.

Section 6.4* I confirm that I have enclosed the appropriate documents
-- I will apply via Naturalisation Checking Service (NCS) they will photocopy and certify the documents. Shall I tick this box?

Section 6.6 * I declare that, although I do not meet all of the statutory requirements for naturalisation, I believe that, in view of the following special circumstances ....

*Delete if not applicable

-- I do not have any convictions or any issues to meet the requirements for naturalisation. Shall I delete this line using "Strikethrough line"?

ukcitizen13

AN form

Post by ukcitizen13 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:24 am

Section 1.11
you can leave this blank

Section 1.17
cover full 5 years even outside UK should be ok

Section 1.22
yes

I wrote 'unemployed' for my wife and NCS was happy with this

Yes but you can do this while your NCS appointment

Section 6.6
Yes better do this while your NCS appointment

Amber
Mood:

Re: AN form

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:20 pm

ukcitizen13 wrote:Section 1.11
you can leave this blank

Section 1.17
cover full 5 years even outside UK should be ok

Section 1.22
yes

I wrote 'unemployed' for my wife and NCS was happy with this

Yes but you can do this while your NCS appointment

Section 6.6
Yes better do this while your NCS appointment
You only need to cover 3 years if applying as spouse/civil p of a bc.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

baptistjohn
Newly Registered

Re: Questions regarding filling up form AN for naturalisatio

Post by baptistjohn » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:01 am

I am also fillining AN form.I have got doubt in filling 3.1 What is your occupation? and 3.2 Are you?
I am working as a planner.My five year period starts from 2009.2009 to 2010 I am employed and 2011 to till now, I am working through my own limited company for an agency.I am director and taking minimum wages and paying tax through PAYE and also taking dividends and paying tax through self assessment.Please help me what an answer I tick for the above question.Do i need to tick both " employee " and " director" or only " director" or " employee".

pinina
Newly Registered

Post by pinina » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:10 am

baptistjohn wrote:I am also fillining AN form.I have got doubt in filling 3.1 What is your occupation? and 3.2 Are you?
I am working as a planner.My five year period starts from 2009.2009 to 2010 I am employed and 2011 to till now, I am working through my own limited company for an agency.I am director and taking minimum wages and paying tax through PAYE and also taking dividends and paying tax through self assessment.Please help me what an answer I tick for the above question.Do i need to tick both " employee " and " director" or only " director" or " employee".
I am assuming you already submitted your app, I am both self-employed and company director, what did you do in the end. I was wondering the same.

Cheers

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:26 am

Section 1.11
They may write your reference no. on the back page of your passport or on any correspondence letters.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

itsarif

Post by itsarif » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:24 am

Hi, Can anyone help me,

In the application form 3.5 Address of tax office or tax office reference

Is it HMRC or your emoloyer address/reference

Thanks,
Arif

pinina
Newly Registered

Post by pinina » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:22 pm

I think I have everything I need now, just one thing, my last tax return wasn't brilliant in fact I started to actually earn a living properly on the 2013/2014 one but I'm not sure I can finalise this tax return before I'm applying for the naturalisation.

Would it be a problem if I give them the last one which was quite poor and I present supporting documents as payslips and contracts to show that I can sustain myself?

Also do my self assessment online, would it be enough just to print it from the online version or is better to ask for it to the HMRC?

Thanks a bunch!!
Pini

san2014

Post by san2014 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:35 pm

Hi everybody,
I wonder if anyone could answer my questions please?
My boyfriend has applied for naturalisation since 9 May 2014 and he hasn't received the answer for the passport yet :( they just saying wait
Now we have a baby and we want to apply for her british passport.
The solicitor said that you can apply because she is eligible as her father has ILR(Indefinite leave to remain) despite the fact that he don't have the passport yet.
When I went to the Post office with the form and the copy( because the original is in the Home Office) of his ILR she said NO because he don't have the naturalisation yet :(

I don't know what to do because all the solicitors that we have spoked have said YES send the form ?

But we don't know what to do?
Is anyone knows about this case or has heard please??

Many thanks in advance

Torex

Post by Torex » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:17 am

Yes you can apply for a British Passport for your daughter.
The only problem is that you cannot provide original documents and passport as you sent them to the Home Office.
I would call Passport Office and asked them whether you can apply with just copies and ask Home Office for original documents.