ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ironmaiden

Re: March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

Post by ironmaiden » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:44 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 years + 1.5 yr ILR
Nationality: Turkish
Language criteria met : IELTS + LIUK Test
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 03/03/2015
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04/03/2015
Date of acknowledgment: Dated 09/03/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 09/03/2015
Date approval received: TBA
Date of ceremony: TBA

Is there anyone applied for citizenship who resides in Northern Ireland? I have heard that HO sends a letter asking to go to police station for criminal checks as they do not have access to PSNI data. I have gone through that last year when I applied for ILR but not sure if they ask for it naturalisation applications as well... Waiting is hard! :shock: lol

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:01 pm

Tangie wrote:
tulip11 wrote:
britishenglish wrote:this monday will be very lucky :P :P :P :P my sixth sense :lol:
lolz well I hope that your sixth sense will work again :D :P :P

Hi Tulip,
How are you, hope your enjoying the weekend or trying to. I have not heard anything from home office too. I like you to know that I have been keeping track on people who were granted approval, they all have two different visa and one happened to be a spouse. As for us who are only on spouse visa for three years, they applications have not been looked at. No applied made in March and been approved on spouse grounds alone. So go back and read all the post you will see what I noticed. So you have something to be positive about, and not feel bad that your application and my application has not been looked at as of now I believe. You should hear anytime after the 3rd of April I believe. I have been told that it takes anywhere from a month to two months to get approved on spouse grounds. I hope we hear next week. So stay positive and you will hear soon. I am your friendly neighbour who happens to be "Indian". :D
hi Tangie
I am fine thanks. How are you doing ? Yes hopefully we all hear next week. My friend who was on spouse visa for 3 years , she applied last year and it took 4 weeks to receive approval letter after she got her acck letter. so dont worry everything will be allright. Its all about luck as well depends on the caseworker who handles it. :) Best of luck :)
Last edited by tulip11 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:03 pm

IraMil357 wrote:@Tulip and @Tangie, I applied not as a spouse, but in my own right after 11 years residence (not eea) including almost 9 years ilr, on the 3/03, 10 years working with the same global company, 8 years no change in address, I.e. Everything is easy to trace and check and no sign of decision yet... I don't think it depends on whether application is as a spouse or not... I think it is pure luck!! Also, need to bear in mind, some caseworkers might take holidays over Easter.... It will slow down in April I think.... But hey! Need to stay optimistic.... It will come!! :D
hi IraMil
You are so right. yes easter holidays will make it a bit slow , but hopefully good news for all of us would be around the corner very soon. Thanks and best of luck :)

tomboy

Post by tomboy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:51 pm

Hi wmazhar and apoco
Any news mates
I applied on 11.03.15
Fees taken on 18.03.15
Ack letter recieved :21.03.15
Still waitin for approval
Might be next week is the luckiest one
Good luck

wmazhar

Post by wmazhar » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:01 pm

tomboy wrote:Hi wmazhar and apoco
Any news mates
I applied on 11.03.15
Fees taken on 18.03.15
Ack letter recieved :21.03.15
Still waitin for approval
Might be next week is the luckiest one
Good luck

No approval yet, I see one of the guy who applied on 11.03.15 got the approval on 28th

So let see , this week is important.
Applied: 11/03/2015
Approval: 04-04-2015 Dated 27/03/2015
Ceremony: 15-04-2015

pernaiadauk
Newly Registered

Post by pernaiadauk » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:20 pm

pernaiadauk wrote:Hi guys here is my timeline:

Eligibility criteria: Spouse of British Citizen
Nationality: Brazilian
Language criteria met : B1 + LIUK Test
Method of application: NCS Portsmouth, Hampshire
Date of application: 16/03/2015
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 17/03/2015
Date of acknowledgment: TBA :roll:
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 26/03/2015
Date approval received: TBA
Date of ceremony: TBA

Good luck to you all :D

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:10 am

Good morning everyone
Best of luck hope this week brings out approval letter for everyone . Lets see who gets the first one approval letter in this week :)

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:27 am

Hi All,

Just checked my husband's acknowledgement letter last week and we have realised the NCS sent his application as his own , not like a spouse of BC. Anyway he is qualified like that anyway just it was strange. However I sent my naturalisation certificate to them last Friday so I hope when they get it someone gets a look at it and they start something as I am sure they just put his application to rest. Which proves he was the "first" to send his application this month and some people have already got approval despite they sent it later

T51820

Post by T51820 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:09 am

jaweb wrote:Hi All,

Just checked my husband's acknowledgement letter last week and we have realised the NCS sent his application as his own , not like a spouse of BC. Anyway he is qualified like that anyway just it was strange. However I sent my naturalisation certificate to them last Friday so I hope when they get it someone gets a look at it and they start something as I am sure they just put his application to rest. Which proves he was the "first" to send his application this month and some people have already got approval despite they sent it later
Is that the NCS responsibility or is how the form was filled out? If that wasn't filled out by you guys then the NCS wouldn't be aware that he is the spouse of BC.

Approval is down to caseworker, complexity of the application and possibly luck I'm assuming. Yes there have been approvals for March already but take a look in the previous months - better yet last year and there are still people waiting with (in their opinion) straight forward cases.

Anyway, good luck to everyone this week.
Naturalisation:
Date of receipt by UKBA: March 5, 2015
Approval: March 17, 2015 (received 23/3/15)
Group Ceremony: March 25, 2015
----
Passport Application: March 25, 2015
Passport Appointment: April 2, 2015
Passport Receipt: April 8, 2015

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:23 am

[quote="T51820"][quote="jaweb"]Hi All,

Just checked my husband's acknowledgement letter last week and we have realised the NCS sent his application as his own , not like a spouse of BC. Anyway he is qualified like that anyway just it was strange. However I sent my naturalisation certificate to them last Friday so I hope when they get it someone gets a look at it and they start something as I am sure they just put his application to rest. Which proves he was the "first" to send his application this month and some people have already got approval despite they sent it later[/quote]

Is that the NCS responsibility or is how the form was filled out? If that wasn't filled out by you guys then the NCS wouldn't be aware that he is the spouse of BC.

Approval is down to caseworker, complexity of the application and possibly luck I'm assuming. Yes there have been approvals for March already but take a look in the previous months - better yet last year and there are still people waiting with (in their opinion) straight forward cases.

Anyway, good luck to everyone this week.[/quote]

I have filled the form by myself. I know its down to the caseworker as I got mine within 5 weeks ;-)
I didn't mean to hurt anyone with my comment so please dont get offended!

PrairieSunflower
Newly Registered

Post by PrairieSunflower » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:51 am

PrairieSunflower wrote:
PrairieSunflower wrote:LAST UPDATE
PrairieSunflower wrote:Eligibility criteria: Married to BC, have had ILR about 5+ years
Language criteria met : Life in the UK test, English speaking country
Current nationality: Canadian
Method of application: Filled out on my own
Council name if NCS used:
Date of application: March 05, 2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: March 06, 2015, 8:18am
Date of acknowledgment: March 17, 2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: March 11, 2015
Date approval received: March 24, 2015
Date of ceremony invitation received: March 28, 2015
Date of ceremony: April 16, 2015

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:57 am

any update ?

davster

Post by davster » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:17 am

davster wrote:
davster wrote:Eligibility Criteria: 5 Yrs Tier 1 (General) + 1 Yr ILR
Language Criteria: Life in the UK & UK Masters Degree
Method of Application: NCS Wandsworth
Date of Application: 16-03-15
Date of Receipt by UKVI: 17-03-15
Method of Payment: CC
Date of Fee Clearance: (Balance on CC reduced on 24.03.15)

Date of Acknowledgement: 30 March 2015 (dated 24 March 2015)
Date of Approval: Awaiting
Date of Ceremony: Awaiting

britishenglish

Post by britishenglish » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:19 am

U know what my 6 sense worked..got approval today dated 19 march

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:26 am

britishenglish wrote:U know what my 6 sense worked..got approval today dated 19 march
You did? Well done, congratulations mate
I think there will be a lot of 6th Sense comments coming around now :-) Happy for ya
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

The.Watcher

Post by The.Watcher » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:28 am

britishenglish wrote:U know what my 6 sense worked..got approval today dated 19 march
Congratulations.

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:29 am

wow congratulations :) so happy for you :)

britishenglish

Post by britishenglish » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:38 am

tulip11 wrote:
My 6 sense say u will get your approal in this week.
An advise for you just call them tomorrow and ask did they send any letter to your address.
Wish u best of luck

pragneshmpatel

Post by pragneshmpatel » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:39 am

jaweb wrote:
T51820 wrote:
jaweb wrote:Hi All,

Anyway, good luck to everyone this week.

I have filled the form by myself. I know its down to the caseworker as I got mine within 5 weeks ;-)
I didn't mean to hurt anyone with my comment so please dont get offended!
I got acknowledgement letter other way round then you. i applied for my wife as on her own. but got letter mentioning AN6-2 spouse of BC. I did not included any of my passport or naturalisation certificate. Still got my document back mentioning application successful. so waiting for invitation letter now.
So I think no need to worry about letter. they do check both criteria.

T51820

Post by T51820 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:40 am

Lol you are pure magic! Congrats!
Naturalisation:
Date of receipt by UKBA: March 5, 2015
Approval: March 17, 2015 (received 23/3/15)
Group Ceremony: March 25, 2015
----
Passport Application: March 25, 2015
Passport Appointment: April 2, 2015
Passport Receipt: April 8, 2015

snoorali77

Post by snoorali77 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:41 am

Congratulations!

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:46 am

[quote="pragneshmpatel"][quote="jaweb"][quote="T51820"][quote="jaweb"]Hi All,

Just checked my husband's acknowledgement letter last week and we have realised the NCS sent his application as his own , not like a spouse of BC. Anyway he is qualified like that anyway just it was strange. However I sent my naturalisation certificate to them last Friday so I hope when they get it someone gets a look at it and they start something as I am sure they just put his application to rest. Which proves he was the "first" to send his application this month and some people have already got approval despite they sent it later[/quote]

Anyway, good luck to everyone this week.[/quote]

I didn't mean to hurt anyone with my comment so please dont get offended![/quote]

I got acknowledgement letter other way round then you. i applied for my wife as on her own. but got letter mentioning AN6-2 spouse of BC. I did not included any of my passport or naturalisation certificate. Still got my document back mentioning application successful. so waiting for invitation letter now.
So I think no need to worry about letter. they do check both criteria.[/quote]

Thanks for telling me :-)
I am OK as he is qualified on his own as well. Either way just to get the approval :-)
Congratulations anyway :-)

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:47 am

britishenglish wrote:
tulip11 wrote:
An advise for you just call them tomorrow and ask did they send any letter to your address.
Wish u best of luck
I hope so :) what a clever tip btw thanks for that :D now just enjoy it , if you would knew it that it dated 19 March so you wouldnt have worried too much for last 11 days :P

britishenglish

Post by britishenglish » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:47 am

britishenglish wrote:
tulip11 wrote:
Wish u best of luck
Say u don't want to know the status of your application just want to know that any letter sent for u

snoorali77

Post by snoorali77 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:50 am

wow congratulations :) so happy for you :)[/quote]
Wish u best of luck[/quote]

Say u don't want to know the status of your application just want to know that any letter sent for u[/quote]

Tulip, please let us know what they say and then we can call them as well