ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ELDELRLY DEPENDENT VISA ENQUIRY

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sainird
Newly Registered

ELDELRLY DEPENDENT VISA ENQUIRY

Post by sainird » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:42 pm

Dear All,

One of my friend's (British citizen) parents applied for ILR (Elderly Dependent Parents) in JULY 2012 under old rules but refused by HO in Sep 2013. They were further refused by First tier Tribunal in October 2014 and now seeking to lodgen a further appeal to Upper Tribunal within given time frame. My only question is if they don't get success at end and have to go back to where they belong to then what would happen to their current Family visit visa valid from 2010 till 2020. Would their visit visa be curtailed or they could avail it coming years. Just to note that HO has never returned their passports after refusal but gave removal directions if they won't appeal.

Thank You in advance.

sainird
Newly Registered

Re: ELDELRLY DEPENDENT VISA ENQUIRY

Post by sainird » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:57 pm

Dear All,
Any genuine comments on my earlier enquiry please.

Thanks in Advance.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:46 pm

The common wisdom is it will be curtailed.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sainird
Newly Registered

Post by sainird » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:09 pm

Thank you for your reply, Wandrer.

Are you aware of any immigration rule justfying your comment ?

Thanks.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:53 am

sainird wrote:Thank you for your reply, Wandrer.

Are you aware of any immigration rule justfying your comment ?

Thanks.
Now their intentions r to settle here not visit. So common sense always prevails.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:30 pm

Refusal of leave to enter in relation to a person in possession of an entry clearance
321. A person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom who holds an entry clearance which was duly issued to him and is still current may be refused leave to enter only where the Immigration Officer is satisfied that:
(i) False representations were made or false documents or information were submitted (whether or not material to the application, and whether or not to the holder's knowledge), or material facts were not disclosed, in relation to the application for entry clearance; or in order to obtain documents from the Secretary of State or a third party required in support of the application.
(ii) a change of circumstances since it was issued has removed the basis of the holder's claim to admission, except where the change of circumstances amounts solely to the person becoming over age for entry in one of the categories contained in paragraphs 296-316 of these Rules since the issue of the entry clearance; or
(iii) on grounds which would have led to a refusal under paragraphs 320(2), 320(6), 320(18A), 320(18B) or 320(19) (except where this sub-paragraph applies in respect of an entry clearance issued under Appendix Armed Forces it is to be read as if for "paragraphs 320(2), 320(6), 320(18A), 320(18B) or 320(19)" it said "paragraph 8(a), (b), (c) or (g) and paragraph 9(d)")