ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to cancel dependent visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ankurgoyal84
Newly Registered

How to cancel dependent visa

Post by ankurgoyal84 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:47 am

Hi,

Iam currently on a Tier 2 general visa and have sponsored my wife as my dependent. Unfortunately we're heading towards a separation, hence I want to cancel my sponsorship and her visa. can someone please guide me how do I go about doing this? Do i need to write to the home office notifying them of change in circumstances?

Thanks,
Ankur

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: How to cancel dependent visa

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:54 pm

ankurgoyal84 wrote:Hi,

Iam currently on a Tier 2 general visa and have sponsored my wife as my dependent. Unfortunately we're heading towards a separation, hence I want to cancel my sponsorship and her visa. can someone please guide me how do I go about doing this? Do i need to write to the home office notifying them of change in circumstances?

Thanks,
Ankur
Link below provides details you looking for notifying the change of circumstances:
https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances ... ide-the-uk

On the cautious sidenote, are you both agreeing that the relationship has permanently broken down? I honestly hope none of you commit any hasty reactions, which you may regret in future. Saying so because I have seen a case last month on this forum about a divorced couple got together again and having difficulties in re immigration.

Good luck.

ankurgoyal84
Newly Registered

Post by ankurgoyal84 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:14 pm

Hi,

Appreciate your reply and concerns but we've decided that it's in the best interest of both to separate and not a hasty decision.

I've come across the following on the UKBA site, should I be using this or the link you posted? I have been coming across a lot of different information about what is the correct step hence just making sure.

https://www.gov.uk/visas-when-you-separate-or-divorce

Regards,
Ankur

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:43 pm

The link in my reply has explicit mentions of Tiers 2 and has the appropriate form etc. If I were you I would use that service. Either way have photocopies of the transmitted documents with yourself for records.

ankurgoyal84
Newly Registered

Post by ankurgoyal84 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:57 pm

thanks for your responses- really appreciate.