ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Forza_RC » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:12 am

Hello Everyone,

This topic is on applications for a document certifying permanent residence or permanent residence card: form EEA (PR).

Please feel free to share your experiences with us and ask your question(s) about the application form, sections, supporting documents, when to apply, timeline etc. to other EEA-route applicants and moderators.

The most recent, updated version of the form is as follows:

Version 01/2015:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _01-15.pdf

The above form is to be used for applications made on or after 30 January 2015.

Eligibility
You must normally have lived in the UK for a continuous period of five years as:
• an EEA national ‘qualified person’ (worker, self-employed, self-sufficient, student or jobseeker),
• a family member or extended family member* of an EEA national qualified person or permanent resident,
• a former family member of an EEA national if you’ve retained your right of residence after the EEA national died or left the UK, or your/their marriage or civil partnership ended in divorce, annulment or dissolution, or
• a family member of a British citizen who worked or was self-employed in another EEA state before returning to the UK (‘Surinder Singh’ cases).

You can also qualify if you are:
• an EEA national former worker or self-employed person who has ceased activity in the UK because you have retired, are permanently incapacitated, or you’re now working or self-employed
in another EEA state but still retain your residence in the UK,
• the family member or extended family member* of an EEA national who has ceased activity, or
• the family member or extended family member* of an EEA national former worker or self-employed person who has died.

* You can only apply as an extended family member if you’ve held valid residence documentation (registration certificate, residence card, or EEA family permit) throughout the relevant qualifying period.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Forza_RC » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:38 am

I fall into the category of "a family member or extended family member of an EEA national qualified person or permanent resident". I'm married to an EU citizen and have lived in the UK for 7 years (5 years of it was on EEA2 or updated name residence card for a family member).

I sent my permanent residence card application form and supporting documents on 26.03.2015 via Royal Mail special delivery. My item was delivered on 27.03.2015. I will post here once I have received a confirmation from Home Office.

The latest update on Breakdown of Granted Applications Completed in Months is as follows:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... /33773.pdf

It's actually possible to receive the PR card, "if you are lucky", less than a month, so fingers crossed! :)

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:43 pm

Has anyone on this forum applied for EEA PR card in January 2015 and received it in February or March?

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:00 pm

Can I ask if anyone that applied recently with the EEA(PR) form submitted photocopies of supporting documents provided or did u just send the originals. I really don't know how HO wants someone to start photocopying tons of documents that needs submitting. The world is going paperless. And I wonder where they will store these papers that are clearly of no use .

What happens if I just submit originals pleass

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:00 pm

Can I ask if anyone that applied recently with the EEA(PR) form submitted photocopies of supporting documents provided or did u just send the originals. I really don't know how HO wants someone to start photocopying tons of documents that needs submitting. The world is going paperless. And I wonder where they will store these papers that are clearly of no use .

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:12 pm

Annebee wrote:Can I ask if anyone that applied recently with the EEA(PR) form submitted photocopies of supporting documents provided or did u just send the originals. I really don't know how HO wants someone to start photocopying tons of documents that needs submitting. The world is going paperless. And I wonder where they will store these papers that are clearly of no use .

Hi Annebee,

Yes it is required to submit the photocopies of all supporting documents. You need to send both originals and copies of each supporting document. Home Office do not accept copies without originals. I think in this way HO saves time and money :) as it's an additional cost for HO to copy each document we send them.

I assume they would send the original documents back to applicants once the submitted documents have been verified by them (that was the way how they did when I applied for EEA2 back in 2010).

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:01 pm

Forza_RC wrote:
Annebee wrote:Can I ask if anyone that applied recently with the EEA(PR) form submitted photocopies of supporting documents provided or did u just send the originals. I really don't know how HO wants someone to start photocopying tons of documents that needs submitting. The world is going paperless. And I wonder where they will store these papers that are clearly of no use .

Hi Annebee,

Yes it is required to submit the photocopies of all supporting documents. You need to send both originals and copies of each supporting document. Home Office do not accept copies without originals. I think in this way HO saves time and money :) as it's an additional cost for HO to copy each document we send them.

I assume they would send the original documents back to applicants once the submitted documents have been verified by them (that was the way how they did when I applied for EEA2 back in 2010).
Hmmm, I submitted only originals when I applied in 2010 and ROR last year. if one will send copies then the application pack for PR will weigh 10kg especially for self-employed. :(

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:12 pm

Annebee wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:

Hi Annebee,

Hmmm, I submitted only originals when I applied in 2010 and ROR last year. if one will send copies then the application pack for PR will weigh 10kg especially for self-employed. :(
I paid about £40 for special delivery last week (application form, supporting documents and copies).

On page 97 of the updated EEA (PR) form it says "Please also submit photocopies of all documents submitted as well as the original documents."

Check out the form at https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _01-15.pdf

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:34 am

Does anyone know if PR card a sticker in the passport or is it actually a separate card?

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:09 am

Good morning everyone!

Hope to hear good news this week from PR and PR card applicants! Please share your experiences and timeline with us if you have applied for permanent residence or permanent residence card and awaiting for HO's decision or received your PR or PR card already.

Have a great week to everyone...

rohtas
Newly Registered

Post by rohtas » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:27 pm

hi i m EEA national living in ENGLAND more than 5 years.my mother who is non-EEA natioanal had EEA resident card which was expired in november 14. So i applied for permanent resident card in november for my mother but we received refusal letter this week because she has absence for englad more than 6 months on 2 different occassions during the 5 years. and they said she should leave the country. so my question is, is she still eligible to apply for resident card instead of permanent resident card or she should leave the country and apply again for EEA family permit.all answer will be appreciated

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:06 pm

rohtas wrote:hi i m EEA national living in ENGLAND more than 5 years.my mother who is non-EEA natioanal had EEA resident card which was expired in november 14. So i applied for permanent resident card in november for my mother but we received refusal letter this week because she has absence for englad more than 6 months on 2 different occassions during the 5 years. and they said she should leave the country. so my question is, is she still eligible to apply for resident card instead of permanent resident card or she should leave the country and apply again for EEA family permit.all answer will be appreciated

She can apply another RC and dont have to leave the country.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:33 pm

rohtas wrote:hi i m EEA national living in ENGLAND more than 5 years.my mother who is non-EEA natioanal had EEA resident card which was expired in november 14. So i applied for permanent resident card in november for my mother but we received refusal letter this week because she has absence for englad more than 6 months on 2 different occassions during the 5 years. and they said she should leave the country. so my question is, is she still eligible to apply for resident card instead of permanent resident card or she should leave the country and apply again for EEA family permit.all answer will be appreciated
Hi rohtas, I agree with Imshzd that your mother doesn't have to leave the country as she can "technically" apply for EEA2 (RC) within England.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:06 pm

You may already know but just to make sure that if your mother was absent from the UK for more than six months in any 12-month period for important reasons, such as serious illness and if you can prove that then HO Office would waive that requirement for your mother.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:14 am

Hello everyone, UKBA proposed immigration and nationality fees for all applications made from outside and within the UK.

Please see the details at
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... o-2016.pdf

PR & PRC indicative fee are £65 (currently £55).

I applied for PR card (I am a family member of an EU citizen) last Thursday. Home office received the special delivery on Friday and £55 was taken from my debit account yesterday.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:40 pm

Has anyone got any update this week?

does anyone know how long does it normally take to receive the COA for permanent residence card applications?

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:05 am

Good morning everyone.

Hope to hear some good news & successful applications today :) let us know your timeline

akz

Post by akz » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:05 am

Imshzd wrote:

She can apply another RC and dont have to leave the country.
Hi Imshzd

Can you give me any feedback on the following thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 83772.html

Thanks
akz
Happy to help and Happy to be helped

jamesjames

Post by jamesjames » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:49 pm

Forza_RC wrote:Does anyone know if PR card a sticker in the passport or is it actually a separate card?
It is a separate card, blue in colour. Not attached to passport.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:14 am

jamesjames wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:Does anyone know if PR card a sticker in the passport or is it actually a separate card?
Than you for your reply jamesjames. May I ask if you also applied for PR card and received it? and if yes, what was your timeline?

jamesjames

Post by jamesjames » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:34 pm

Forza_RC wrote:
jamesjames wrote:
Than you for your reply jamesjames. May I ask if you also applied for PR card and received it? and if yes, what was your timeline?
I did not apply for PR card but my wife did. She received it within 2 months of applying. But I do understand , from people's experiences here, that the time line does vary from one individual to another.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:28 pm

Thanks jamesjames for your reply. So fingers crossed!

jamesjames

Post by jamesjames » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:45 pm

Forza_RC wrote:
jamesjames wrote:
I did not apply for PR but my wife did and she got it within 2 months of applying. .

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:17 pm

Than you for your reply jamesjames. May I ask if you also applied for PR card and received it? and if yes, what was your timeline?[/quote]

I did not apply for PR but my wife did and she got it within 2 months of applying. .[/quote]

Thanks james for your reply.

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:18 am

Currently competing this new encyclopaedia form :) can't believe HO is putting people through this . That's some massive form filled with repeated questions.

Ok .. I am divorced with ROR. On the form I am asked of my former spouse address, his status .

We last spoke april 2014 when he handed all his work docs . Since then I don't even know where he is or what he is upto, I shouldn't know anyway.

So , how can I write his current address, status , etc.

Should I leave the address blank and state why or write last known address which was his friends when he moved out. I don't know his status now. Should I just put down divorced?

I personally think this form wasn't properly designed to cover all cases. There should be option to say "I don't know " especially for those with ROR .

What do yo think anyone on the address and status question , should I write last known and divorced or leave blank?