ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fqvision

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by fqvision » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:50 am

jaweb wrote:
kunmun23 wrote:
kunmun23 wrote:Passport for: 2 Adults and 2 Children (Naturalised citizen)
Application Type: First Passport
Method of application: Postal Application (NOT check and send, I picked up the forms from the post office and sent them special delivery after filling and checking it myself)
Date of application: 24-03-2015
Date application delivered to Passport Office : 25-03-2015
Date application receipt acknowledgement received : 30-03-2015 through Text message
Date of return of documents: 01-04-2015 through DX
Date of receipt of interview letter: Waiting
Date of Passport Appointment: Waiting
Date of Passport Receipt: waiting
..I missed the delivery so rescheduled for 07-04-2015...btw DX does deliver on Saturday but we are away..they require each named person to be present or give a signed authorization with a photo id to the receiver....luckily due to Easter holidays, kids would be home..otherwise I'm not sure how I would have had them to miss school....they don't have a photo id other than the passport and they can't sign an authorization form :) ...also, DX can deliver at a specific time for an extra charge...else the delivery is between 9-5

They will just put it into your letter box without signing anything. I have never signed for my children's passports

Congratulate mate

quick question, no interview?????

Congurlate dude

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:55 am

[quote="fqvision"][quote="jaweb"][quote="kunmun23"][quote="kunmun23"]Passport for: 2 Adults and 2 Children (Naturalised citizen)
Method of application: Postal Application (NOT check and send, I picked up the forms from the post office and sent them special delivery after filling and checking it myself)
Date of application: [color=#FF0000]24-03-2015[/color]
Date application delivered to Passport Office : [color=#FF0000]25-03-2015[/color]
Date application receipt acknowledgement received : [color=#FF0000]30-03-2015[/color] through Text message
Date of return of documents:[color=#FF0000] 01-04-2015 [/color] through DX
Date of Passport Receipt: waiting[/quote]

..I missed the delivery so rescheduled for 07-04-2015...btw DX does deliver on Saturday but we are away..they require each named person to be present or give a signed authorization with a photo id to the receiver....luckily due to Easter holidays, kids would be home..otherwise I'm not sure how I would have had them to miss school....they don't have a photo id other than the passport and they can't sign an authorization form :) ...also, DX can deliver at a specific time for an extra charge...else the delivery is between 9-5[/quote]

They will just put it into your letter box without signing anything. I have never signed for my children's passports[/quote]

Congratulate mate

quick question, no interview?????

Congurlate dude[/quote]

If you read his post again you would see there were 2 children with his application so I presume the passports are ready for his children not for the parents. Everyone must go for an interview for first British passport ;-)

Res
Mood:
Romania

Post by Res » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:54 am

In retrospect, I found the Check and Send service so pointless. I paid almost £20 (as I also renewed my daughter's passport) and nothing on the form needed correcting. I used the service it as I thought I wouldn't have to send my documents off - I assumed it would have been the same as NCS.

You live an you learn. I wouldn't use them again.[/quote]

I used it 4 years ago at the first time for my older boy and it was incorrect. The passport office sent it back for correction. The post office lady asked those information which were not needed and did not ask which were. So I have never will and not used3d since then. I prefer send it by check and send[/quote]

Hi Jawab,

no offence but this is not a rocket science to fill passport forms, just need personal details, parents details , naturalisation details, current passport, and counter Signs, and two pic, one attested; and naturalisation letter, and current passport, along with fee.

thats it.

Post office just make money for noting 20 pounds for just looking all fields filled. that it. ridiculous ..

but ............................ no worry bro ...

:D :D :D :D :D just think you are British now.[/quote]

It was not that easy. When my children got their passports I was not British. They were not naturalised, not registered to be British. They earned it by me. So needed to send a lot of payslips, wrs paper, temporary residency card then permanent one, etc.
So I needed help to make sure what you really need to send as it was not in the booklet![/quote]

Hi Jawab, I done same thing for my kids. Lady at post office was shocked when seen my file :) I told her no need to check the file just the passport application forms ...I don't think they are qualified to check "our situation". Anyway long story short both kids received British passports on 29 dec and applied 21 nov. I applied myself for naturalization in feb this year but nothing yet. Good luck to everyone

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:12 am

[quote="Res"]In retrospect, I found the Check and Send service so pointless. I paid almost £20 (as I also renewed my daughter's passport) and nothing on the form needed correcting. I used the service it as I thought I wouldn't have to send my documents off - I assumed it would have been the same as NCS.

You live an you learn. I wouldn't use them again.[/quote]

I used it 4 years ago at the first time for my older boy and it was incorrect. The passport office sent it back for correction. The post office lady asked those information which were not needed and did not ask which were. So I have never will and not used3d since then. I prefer send it by check and send[/quote]

Hi Jawab,

no offence but this is not a rocket science to fill passport forms, just need personal details, parents details , naturalisation details, current passport, and counter Signs, and two pic, one attested; and naturalisation letter, and current passport, along with fee.

thats it.

Post office just make money for noting 20 pounds for just looking all fields filled. that it. ridiculous ..

but ............................ no worry bro ...

:D :D :D :D :D just think you are British now.[/quote]

It was not that easy. When my children got their passports I was not British. They were not naturalised, not registered to be British. They earned it by me. So needed to send a lot of payslips, wrs paper, temporary residency card then permanent one, etc.
So I needed help to make sure what you really need to send as it was not in the booklet![/quote]

Hi Jawab, I done same thing for my kids. Lady at post office was shocked when seen my file :) I told her no need to check the file just the passport application forms ...I don't think they are qualified to check "our situation". Anyway long story short both kids received British passports on 29 dec and applied 21 nov. I applied myself for naturalization in feb this year but nothing yet. Good luck to everyone[/quote]

my kids got it too. The older one in 2012 and the younger one last year. I just became British in February however I applied on October and got the approval within 5 weeks but I was away on holiday till the end of February so I could do the ceremony on 26 February
My husband also applied on 2 March but no news heard from them. Yet...

Good luck to you too!

T51820

Post by T51820 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:25 am

I applied for my daughter's passport renewal the same time I applied for my first passport (March 25, 2015). I had my interview today and she received her passport today. Really fast.
Naturalisation:
Date of receipt by UKBA: March 5, 2015
Approval: March 17, 2015 (received 23/3/15)
Group Ceremony: March 25, 2015
----
Passport Application: March 25, 2015
Passport Appointment: April 2, 2015
Passport Receipt: April 8, 2015

hs-french
Newly Registered

Post by hs-french » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:31 pm

hs-french wrote:Application type: First adult passport (Naturalized Citizen)
Method of application: 1st Class Signed For
Date of application: 18/03/2015
Payment method: Cheque
Royal mail delivery confirmation: 19/03/2015
SMS confirming receipt by IPS: NONE
Date of return of documents: 27/03/2015
Date of receipt of interview letter: 26/03/2015
Date of Passport Interview: 30/03/2015
Date of Passport printing sms receipt: NONE
Date of Passport Receipt: 02/04/2015

Pehren
Newly Registered

Post by Pehren » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:56 pm

Type: First Adult Passport
Naturalized: 24, March 2015
Application Submitted: Check and Send Mansfield Woodhouse 24 March, 2015
Confirmation Receipt: via text and email 27 March, 2015
Receipt Letter for Identity Appt: 31 March, 2015
Identity Appt: 1 April, 2015 (Darby)
Return Documents: 2 April, 2015
Receipt Passport: 3 April, 2015

Yes, just 10 days from submission to receipt of passport. Pretty impressive!

Jaeger
Mood:

Post by Jaeger » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:00 pm

My mother's full name is a bit long and there is not enough space (same problem occurs both online and in a paper application form). I thought about skipping a middle name and writing it separately in a box for extra information.

Would it be ok?

bromleysouthbs
Newly Registered

Post by bromleysouthbs » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:56 pm

I had check and send. I was told not to initialize any name. Write the surname in the first section, then continue in section 8 where you can put extra info and mention there mothers name.
Do not shorten any name, what is in your first passport should be in the form as well.

BeenThruItAll
Newly Registered

Post by BeenThruItAll » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:38 pm

T51820 wrote:Passport for: Adult (Naturalised Citizen)
Application Type: New
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: March 25, 2015
Date application received by IPS: March 27, 2015 (I phoned them today April 1st to check if they received it).
Date of return of documents: April 1, 2015
Date of receipt of interview letter: April 1, 2015 (dated March 31, 2015)
Date of Passport Appointment: April 2, 2015
Date of Passport Receipt:

---

In retrospect, I found the Check and Send service so pointless. I paid almost £20 (as I also renewed my daughter's passport) and nothing on the form needed correcting. I used the service it as I thought I wouldn't have to send my documents off - I assumed it would have been the same as NCS.

You live an you learn. I wouldn't use them again.
Unless they missed something that causes you to fail in your passport application, you can't really blame them if you fill out the form correctly. I didn't use them because I read the PO staff are not very knowledgeable so I just decided to read the instructions carefully and apply myself and it had no problem.

BeenThruItAll
Newly Registered

Post by BeenThruItAll » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:54 pm

My application was handled very quickly. I filled and mailed the form myself since I read the trouble others had applying online and the unknowledgeable check and send staff. Just follow the instructions on the application form. Got the interview letter about a week after.
The interview was as expected, just do a search in the forum and my interview questions were the same as everyone else. ie. what is your job, how did you get to the interview office, describe your home, and etc. Passport arrived 2 days after interview. The Naturalisation and Passport stages were very very efficient. Bravo.

Babloo85

Post by Babloo85 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:46 pm

Hello. Just a couple of questions.
Referee who signs the passport form, is professional and British but he doesn't have British Passport as he never needed one. Does the referee defo needs to have British passport or can he leave the passport number box blank ?

Second question is do I need to send the birth certificate for my child's first passport or does the Mothers British passport number enough.

Thanks

bromleysouthbs
Newly Registered

Post by bromleysouthbs » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:27 pm

bromleysouthbs wrote:Passport for: Adult Naturalized citizen
Date of application: 25 March 2015
Date application received by IPS(SMS): none :?
Date of return of documents:2 April 2015
Interview:9 April 2015

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:38 pm

Babloo85 wrote:Hello. Just a couple of questions.
Referee who signs the passport form, is professional and British but he doesn't have British Passport as he never needed one. Does the referee defo needs to have British passport or can he leave the passport number box blank ?

Second question is do I need to send the birth certificate for my child's first passport or does the Mothers British passport number enough.

Thanks
I think professional body needs to hold a british passport and u need to send ur baby's birth certificate along with the application form.

Tangie

Post by Tangie » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:14 pm

BeenThruItAll wrote:
T51820 wrote:Passport for: Adult (Naturalised Citizen)
Date of application: March 25, 2015
Date application received by IPS: March 27, 2015 (I phoned them today April 1st to check if they received it).
Date of return of documents: April 1, 2015
Date of receipt of interview letter: April 1, 2015 (dated March 31, 2015)
Date of Passport Appointment: April 2, 2015

---

You live an you learn. I wouldn't use them again.
Unless they missed something that causes you to fail in your passport application, you can't really blame them if you fill out the form correctly. I didn't use them because I read the PO staff are not very knowledgeable so I just decided to read the instructions carefully and apply myself and it had no problem.

T51820, I will be applying for my first British passport after naturalization, where do I find the form for the fee to fill out. Have you get your passport yet.

Babloo85

Post by Babloo85 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:38 pm

Every passport form comes with a booklet (Guide), you can find the fee form on the second last page on the booklet which you need to tear n then send with your form.

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:02 am

Update

Ok here's my time line so far,

Passport for: Adult (Naturalised citizen)
Method of application: Post Office -Check & Send
Date of application: 14/03/2015 (Saturaday)
Date application received by I.P.S: N/A
Date of return of documents: 25/03/2015 (DX Secure)
Date of receipt of interview letter: 25/03/2015 (Royal mail first class : issued on 23/03/2015)
Date of Passport Appointment: 27/03/2015
Date of Passport Receipt :31/03/2015 (DX Secure)

Hope this helps anyone.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:17 am

Update:

For my 3 years old daughter. Received passport, waiting for documents to return.

Passport for: Minor
Method of application: Postal
Date of application: 26/03/2015
Date application received by IPS: 27/03/2015
Date of receipt of interview letter: N/A
Date of Passport Appointment: N/A
Date of Passport Receipt: 02/04/2015

Date of return of documents:
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

fqvision

Post by fqvision » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:17 am

fqvision wrote:*********************************************************************
Application type: First adult passport (Naturalised Citizen)
Method of application: 1st Class Signed For
Date of application: 28/03/2015
Payment method: D-Card
Royal mail delivery confirmation: 30-03-2015
SMS confirming receipt by IPS: 31-03-2015
Date of return of documents: waiting
Date of receipt of interview letter: 01-04-2015
Date of Passport Appointment: 09-04-2015 :D
Date of Passport printing sms receipt: waiting

forever.waiting
Newly Registered

Post by forever.waiting » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:49 am

Passport for: Adult (Naturalised Citizen)
Method of application: online
Date of application: March 26, 2015
Date application received by IPS: March 27, 2015.
Date of return of documents: Na
Date of receipt of interview letter: April 4, 2015 (dated April 1, 2015)
Date of Passport Appointment: April 8, 2015
Date of Passport Receipt: Na

kunmun23
Newly Registered

Post by kunmun23 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:31 am

jaweb wrote:
kunmun23 wrote:
kunmun23 wrote:Passport for: 2 Adults and 2 Children (Naturalised citizen)
Date of application: 24-03-2015
Date application delivered to Passport Office : 25-03-2015
Date application receipt acknowledgement received : 30-03-2015 through Text message
Date of return of documents: 01-04-2015 through DX
..I missed the delivery so rescheduled for 07-04-2015...btw DX does deliver on Saturday but we are away..they require each named person to be present or give a signed authorization with a photo id to the receiver....luckily due to Easter holidays, kids would be home..otherwise I'm not sure how I would have had them to miss school....they don't have a photo id other than the passport and they can't sign an authorization form :) ...also, DX can deliver at a specific time for an extra charge...else the delivery is between 9-5

They will just put it into your letter box without signing anything. I have never signed for my children's passports
Not sure that's correct..in my case they could have put it through the letter box...but they didn't..instead they left a missed delivery card....I called them to reschedule and they said each individual applicant should either be present in person or should give a signed authorization and photo id to the receiver..i didn't specifically ask about children though...

Hopefully my documents would be delivered today..I still haven't received the interview letter :(

ShahJee1272
Newly Registered

Post by ShahJee1272 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:29 pm

Passport for: Adult (Naturalised citizen)
Method of application: Postal Application Next Day Special Delivery (Checked Myself)
Date of application sent by Post : 01-04-2015
Date of application Received by Her Majesty Passport Office Peterborough ( Track & Trace): 02-04-2015
Date of application acknowledgment received : 04-04-2015 ( I called passport office myself, they confirmed they have received)
Date of application fee deducted from my bank account (Paid by debit Card option in the Guide Booklet on last pages): 07-04-2015
Date of Return of Documents: waiting
Date of Passport Received: Waiting
Last edited by ShahJee1272 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:45 pm

ShahJee1272 wrote:Passport for: Adult (Naturalised citizen)
Method of application: Postal Application Next Day Special Delivery (Checked Myself)
Date of application sent by Post : 01-04-2015
Date of application Received by Her Majesty Passport Office Peterborough ( Track & Trace): 02-04-2015
Date of application acknowledgment received : 04-04-2015 ( I called passport office myself, they confirmed they have received)
Date of application fee deducted from my bank account: 07-04-2015
Date of Return of Documents: waiting
Date of Passport Received: Waiting
How did u pay? I meant which method?

ShahJee1272
Newly Registered

Post by ShahJee1272 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:49 pm

Paid by Debit Card.

kunmun23
Newly Registered

Post by kunmun23 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:25 pm

kunmun23 wrote: Not sure that's correct..in my case they could have put it through the letter box...but they didn't..instead they left a missed delivery card....I called them to reschedule and they said each individual applicant should either be present in person or should give a signed authorization and photo id to the receiver..i didn't specifically ask about children though...

Hopefully my documents would be delivered today..I still haven't received the interview letter :(
Received my documents today. The DX delivery guy didn't ask for any photo id and gave me all four applications for a single signature...