ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PAK321

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by PAK321 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:23 pm

jabsbini wrote:I started preparing for my application a month ago and I am not eligible to apply until 10th April 2015, I just saw that the form and fees has changed and my form is all filled up by referees, is it necessary to use the new form ? I will surely pay the new fees but the form I don't want to change as my referees live far away and I had to do a lot of work to get the referee signatures.

This is getting on my nerves now. Can somebody tell me if I can call the Home office and check about this. I am going bonkers :shock:

I plan to apply on 11th April by post.

Fill the new form and swap the referees page with old form's page.
I am sure section 5 will be the same as old.

khurrum_khan123

Post by khurrum_khan123 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:40 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Current nationality: Pakistani
Method of application: NCS
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of application: 25/03/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 26/03/2015
Date of debit of fees: Waiting
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Waiting
Date of receipt of approval: Waiting
Date of Ceremony: Waiting

khurrum_khan123

Post by khurrum_khan123 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:48 pm

khurrum_khan123 wrote:Application Timeline

what is the current processing time?

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:51 pm

Current processing time is between 2 weeks and 1 year :shock:

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:52 pm

khurrum_khan123 wrote:Application Timeline
you should also post your timeline in March 2015 timeline. Thanks.

meeza
Newly Registered

Post by meeza » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:57 pm

PAK321 wrote:
jabsbini wrote:I started preparing for my application a month ago and I am not eligible to apply until 10th April 2015, I just saw that the form and fees has changed and my form is all filled up by referees, is it necessary to use the new form ? I will surely pay the new fees but the form I don't want to change as my referees live far away and I had to do a lot of work to get the referee signatures.

This is getting on my nerves now. Can somebody tell me if I can call the Home office and check about this. I am going bonkers :shock:

Page numbers of the new forms are different plus in the new form there are separate pages for referees so I don't think swapping will be an option.

davster

Post by davster » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:05 pm

In one of my previous applications for Tier 1, I ended up using the old form. They sat on it for 3 months and then returned the application asking me to complete the latest form. If I were you I would fill in the new form, at worse you might not be able to send the application on the 10th if you have to get the referees to re-sign, but I would rather that then use an incorrect form.

Hope this helps!
meeza wrote:
PAK321 wrote:

Page numbers of the new forms are different plus in the new form there are separate pages for referees so I don't think swapping will be an option.

Mahesh Gowda
Newly Registered

Post by Mahesh Gowda » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:23 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 Years (3 Yr WP + 2 yr Tier 1 general) + 4 Year ILR
Language criteria met : Life in the UK , Naric + Indian Degree recognised in UKBA calculator
Current nationality: INDIAN
Method of application: South Gloucestershire NCS
Date of application: 12-03-2015
Payment method: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 13-03-2015 (Royal Mail Tracking)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 19-03-2015
Date of acknowledgment: Dated 19-03-2015 (recieved on 23-03-2015)
Date approval received: Dated 28-03-2015 (recieved on 02-04-2015)
Date of ceremony: 09-04-2015

***All the very Best for all who are waiting*****

Alix1520
Newly Registered

Post by Alix1520 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:07 pm

No of applicants : 1 Adult
Eligibility Criteria : Held PR card for 1yr (following 5yr EEA family mbr RC)
Language criteria : Life in UK + UK degree
Method of application : NCS
Date of NCS appointment : 26/06/2014
Payment method : Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA : 27/06/2014
Date of acknowledgment : 04/07/2014
Date of clearance of fees : 09/06/2014
Date approval received : 14/03/2015
Date of ceremony : 01/04/2015

Hi All,

I found this forum very useful and particularly re-assuring during my somewhat unpleasant wait for a decision on my naturalization application.
After the 6 month lead time passed, I phoned the HO on two occasions to check on progress only to be told to write to the case worker which I duly did. I got a response about 5 weeks later on 06/02/15, saying my case was being further scrutinized; my suspicions of this being a 'mass produced' standard response (no signature/name of caseworker) was confirmed on this forum. The HO had never contacted me once to notify me of any anomaly with my form/application so not having a response after almost 8 months was worrying to say the least. At this point, I just gave up chasing them and hoped the approval would turn up one fine day somehow :) . After just shy of a 9-month wait I had my ceremony yesterday and have submitted my passport application :D

My gripe with the HO has never really been the fact they sometimes take for ever to deal with cases (I appreciate the enormity and complexity of the job they do) but rather their terrible communication/information (or lack of). Surely their customer service could be better without breaking the bank.
Anyway I want to say thanks to all you guys for your helpful posts and good luck to all those awaiting their approvals; positive news is not far off. Keep this community spirit alive.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:15 pm

Inspector John Vine states in his famous 11 Dec report as follows.

"In the calendar year 2013, Nationality Casework had an income target of £127m and achieved
an actual income of £152m. Due to the value of British citizenship to the successful applicant, the application fee (£906) was significantly higher than the associated administrative costs to the
Home Office (£144)."

So HO is making £762 profit on each application which has increased to £862 now. And still providing pathetic and below the standard services,

No way to find out the actual status of the application.
Not to everyone and Not even sending proper acknowlegdment letters.
Not dealing applications in timely manner.
Not dealing applications on first come first serve basis ( infact there is no criterea, its just a random selection).
Not even doing proper data entry of the applicant's details, entrying wrong addresses etc.
Not attending phone calls.
Not sending proper reply to the emails.
Not dealing with complaints in a proper manner.
Not sending actual updates even after 6 month, just sending copy paste reply to everyone.
Not justifying that why one application of the same nature is taking 2 weeks and other is wiating for a year.
Not sending any correspondence by even 1st class post.(coz of that so many approvals and other correspondence gets lost)

HO is not doing it for charity ther r making hell of a profit out of these nationality applications then why dont they start online status check for applications, why dont they give proper and actual updates of the particular application, why dont they reply to the email after reading it properly and response accordingly, why why why whyyyyyyy......

Even If they start doing physical checks by going into the relevant departements i.e DVLA, Police, Coucils, HMRC etc even then it wont take 6 months then how come all electronic enquiries which r available on their finger tips taking ages. how how howwww........

doesnt make any sense or logic.
Can anyone see any logic or sense in this procedure or have any other point of veiw please post it here

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:17 pm

Hi guys, If coz of this one article HO is causing these severe and significant delays in nationality applications then another article can speed up the process if posted with facts and figures. just we need to hit the right spot. It has to come out publicly that HO service standards r very low against the money they r charging etc etc....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30432832

Tangie

Post by Tangie » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:39 pm

waiz89k wrote:Hi guys, If coz of this one article HO is causing these severe and significant delays in nationality applications then another article can speed up the process if posted with facts and figures. just we need to hit the right spot. It has to come out publicly that HO service standards r very low against the money they r charging etc etc....

Eligibility criteria: 3 BC Spouse.
Language criteria met - Life in the UK & IELTS. (Expired in 2013)
Council name if: Bristol
Date of application: March 5th 2015
Payment method: Debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: March 6, 2015 was delivered from our WARRINGTON Delivery Office. Date: 06 March 2015, 07:55 am
Date of acknowledgment: 21-03-2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 16-03-2015
Date approval: 28-03-2015
Date Approval received: 02-04-2015
Date of ceremony: 16-04-2015
Attachments
Citizen letter milestone118A3.jpg
Citizen approval letter.
Citizen letter milestone118A3.jpg (32.88 KiB) Viewed 2093 times

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:38 pm

Tangie wrote: Eligibility criteria: 3 BC Spouse.
Date of receipt by UKBA: March 6, 2015 was delivered from our WARRINGTON Delivery Office. Date: 06 March 2015, 07:55 am
Congrats, You have been one of the few lucky people who got it within one month time. On the other hand there are people who have been waiting for more than 6 months.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:01 pm

Tangie, WTF!? :| :| :lol:

Are you trying to demonstrate that HO is quick? I have very easy, absolutely straitforward application and waiting for 5 months already!

There are people who wait for for much longer!

I know a person, who had to prove his identity to HO for many years because of THEIR mistake!

I'm afraid some people may even find your post quite insulting... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Maxwell on Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tangie

Post by Tangie » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:17 pm

Maxwell wrote:Tangie, WTF!? :|

Are you trying to demonstrate that HO is quick? I have very easy, absolutely straitforward application and waiting for 5 months already!

I know a person, who had to prove his identity to HO for many years because of THEIR mistake!

If I did not realise what type of person you are, I would find your post really insulting... Thank God for your luck this time instead of posting this nonsense. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maxwell,
Sorry, I just wanted to share my timeline. I did not mean to be rude or insult any members here in this group.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:21 pm

Tangie, ok then.

I don't want to put any blame on you.

But you quoted waiz89k first.

This is what makes it not so nice... Imagine waiting for 10 months with straightforward and easy application and then seeing your post with screenshot under his quote...

Anyway, let's not continue this any further. If it was not your intention to insult anyone. I just found it not very nice for myself but you replied, so it's Ok with me. Your reply is polite and nice. :)

No worries... :lol: Have fun with your citizenship... happy for you!

Tangie

Post by Tangie » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:38 pm

Maxwell wrote:Tangie, ok then.

I don't want to put any blame on you.

But you quoted waiz89k first.

This is what makes it not so nice... Imagine waiting for 10 months with straightforward and easy application and then seeing your post with screenshot under his quote...

Anyway, let's not continue this any further. If it was not your intention to insult anyone. I just found it not very nice for myself but you replied, so it's Ok with me. Your reply is polite and nice. I'm sorry if my initial comment is too emotional. It starts to get on my nerves a little bit. I think you are nice responsible person. :)

No worries... :lol: Have fun with your citizenship... happy for you!
Thx's Maxeall,
I just posted it there without thinking, I'm not very good with this group. I have my own group on facebook and I know how that works. I would like to say sorry to waiz if I hurt you, I really sorry.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:40 pm

Forget it, dude. I am sorry too... Enjoy it! :wink:

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:49 pm

Tangie wrote:
waiz89k wrote:Hi guys, If coz of this one article HO is causing these severe and significant delays in nationality applications then another article can speed up the process if posted with facts and figures. just we need to hit the right spot. It has to come out publicly that HO service standards r very low against the money they r charging etc etc....

Eligibility criteria: 3 BC Spouse.

Exactly my point.

is it fair to the applicants who have applied last year a straight forward application like 'Maxwell' and waiting for months and months and on the other hand March applicants r getting aprovals in 2/3 weeks.

If that 11 Dec report is causing delays due to high scrutiny been introduced then it should have been same for jan, feb and march applicants as well. How come one application is taking 2 weeks to get all that BS high scrutiny done and other is waiting for ages.

is it fair???

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:51 pm

no worries 'Tangie', just chill and congratulations and enjoy and get ready for ur ceremony.
:) :)

rajo1

Post by rajo1 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:03 am

After waiting six months and four days, Thanks to allah, I got my approval today, it is one of the most painful to expect something, but when it turns up finally its very joyful, believe guys I hate to wait something let alone to wait that long, and that demn bloody waiting has paid its price.

I wish everyone of you specially to those folks who have been so patient since last year that you will by very happy and joyful soon, just give another days and it will turn up, and finally this is my timeline

Eligibility criteria: 5 year LLR + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: Life in the Uk Test and B1 English Test
Current nationality: Somalian
Method of application: Posted by self
Council name if NCS used: I don't use any NCS I just sent by myself
Date of application: 27/09/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 29/09/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 13 October 2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees:09 October 2014
Date approval received: 02 April dated 30th of March 2015
Date of ceremony: 24 April 2015

I will go to my ceremony and than will follow up the passport side, good luck everyone

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:28 am

[quote="Maxwell"]Tangie, WTF!? :| :| :lol:

I'm afraid some people may even find your post quite insulting... :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Chill out,
Just because you haven't got your approval within weeks it doesnt mean you need to swear at others who have.
He was lucky to have his approval quick. Believe me there are people like him. Its not his fault. Still have no right to swear otherwise you are going to be reported as I find it insulting!
Go and enjoy Easter and be with your family and trying to relax and forget about your naturalisation otherwise you will be crazy and will be banned from this site by the time you get it!

janto

Post by janto » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:12 am

Update
Eligibility criteria: 3yr spouse of BC
Date of Application: 18/03/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 19/03/2015
Payment method: CC
Date of debit of fees: 01/04/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:
Date of receipt of approval:
Date of Ceremony:

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Looks like those who are waiting are perpetually on a short fuse that they take offence to anyone getting early approvals and wanting to share their timelines

People who got their approval quickly against all HO's odds would naturally try to show that off, but that doesn't mean those who are waiting should take that personally and start making personal remarks

Learn some decency and grow up, life ain't fair to anyone. Those who are waiting are not waiting due to some people getting early approvals, if your application is straight forward then say that to the HO and ask them to expedite your application instead of ranting and banging head here. Go and shout where HO will listen if at all they care about how many months you been waiting
Manka

khurrum_khan123

Post by khurrum_khan123 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:08 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote:
Tangie wrote: Eligibility criteria: 3 BC Spouse.
Congrats, You have been one of the few lucky people who got it within one month time. On the other hand there are people who have been waiting for more than 6 months.

congrats