ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewing passport after naturalisation application via NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ketanvora
Newly Registered

Renewing passport after naturalisation application via NCS

Post by ketanvora » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:43 pm

I submitted my Naturalisation application on 31st March 2015 via the NCS route. My passport (Indian Passport) was verified, copy of which was certified and submitted to HO successfully. After I took back my original passport, an urgent travel has come up and my current passport did not have enough blank pages. So I applied to renew my current passport and have now received a new /fresh Indian passport which has enough blank pages to enable my travel. Before applying for a the new passport I checked with the Home Office (on their 0300 contact number) if renewing the passport of which a copy was submitted via NCS immediately after the application, would anyways impact my application? They confirmed that this should not matter and it would be ok to renew the passport. They said that the passport should be current at the time of application at the NCS. I also checked the same with NCS and they also said it should not matter if renew my passport after application.

I wanted to double-check with members in this group, if this is ok or should I proactively let Home Office know in writing that my passport number has now changed.
Would appreciate responses.

T51820

Re: Renewing passport after naturalisation application via N

Post by T51820 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:56 pm

ketanvora wrote:I submitted my Naturalisation application on 31st March 2015 via the NCS route. My passport (Indian Passport) was verified, copy of which was certified and submitted to HO successfully. After I took back my original passport, an urgent travel has come up and my current passport did not have enough blank pages. So I applied to renew my current passport and have now received a new /fresh Indian passport which has enough blank pages to enable my travel. Before applying for a the new passport I checked with the Home Office (on their 0300 contact number) if renewing the passport of which a copy was submitted via NCS immediately after the application, would anyways impact my application? They confirmed that this should not matter and it would be ok to renew the passport. They said that the passport should be current at the time of application at the NCS. I also checked the same with NCS and they also said it should not matter if renew my passport after application.

I wanted to double-check with members in this group, if this is ok or should I proactively let Home Office know in writing that my passport number has now changed.
Naturalisation:
Date of receipt by UKBA: March 5, 2015
Approval: March 17, 2015 (received 23/3/15)
Group Ceremony: March 25, 2015
----
Passport Application: March 25, 2015
Passport Appointment: April 2, 2015
Passport Receipt: April 8, 2015

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:00 pm

ketanvora wrote:I submitted my Naturalisation application on 31st March 2015 via the NCS route. My passport (Indian Passport) was verified, copy of which was certified and submitted to HO successfully. After I took back my original passport, an urgent travel has come up and my current passport did not have enough blank pages. So I applied to renew my current passport and have now received a new /fresh Indian passport which has enough blank pages to enable my travel. Before applying for a the new passport I checked with the Home Office (on their 0300 contact number) if renewing the passport of which a copy was submitted via NCS immediately after the application, would anyways impact my application? They confirmed that this should not matter and it would be ok to renew the passport. They said that the passport should be current at the time of application at the NCS. I also checked the same with NCS and they also said it should not matter if renew my passport after application.

Its normally the problem for EU nationals, who can move freely inside EU, to prove their stay periods in UK.

You are fine, Passports are required to know your travel and stay information/absences etc, specially for non-EU nationals its very easy since there is no free-movement confusion at their part. All your travel is recorded on your Indian Passport you provided to NCS, covering any absences. Even if your passport is expired, you can still provide payslips etc and other proof to show you were in country.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:46 pm

My husband's passport needed to be changed to biometric one. He applied to the new one in November (was ready to pick up by February) but he didn't pick it up till he had his NCS appointment( March) so he used the old one and 5 days later he went to his consulate and pick up the new one. I did not even think it would have been a problem, to tell the truth.
At the time of application he had the old and valid one. So I do not understand why you worry for nothing