ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visitor Visa for Phd Viva - Pls help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

orgone

Post by orgone » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:36 am

Hi, I applied for a Student Visitor Visa through VFS Chennai on Tuesday. I received an e-mail on Wednesday from British Deputy High Commission informing me that they have received my application and that it will be processed by an entry clearance officer shortly. My viva is at the end of the month. Will I receive the visa before that?

Also, I am planning to stay in a hostel for two weeks to attend the viva and submit any corrections or paperwork. I have made a downpayment and I have attached a print-out of the booking confirmation e-mail. I have similarly submitted a booking confirmation of the flights from the travel agent as well (itinerary and quote- not paid). My mother is sponsoring this trip and I have included her bank statements, sponsorship letter and payslips for six months. In a covering letter, I have listed the exact calculation of the money that is required for my stay (14 days) and there is more than that in my mother's account. I also have a visa letter from the university explaining that I have my viva scheduled for that particular date. Would I have any problems obtaining the visa? Would I need to attend an interview? I am a bit worried as I have to be in the UK before the end of the month to attend the viva. Please let me know what you think as I am very stressed. 3 processing days have already been completed as I write.

orgone

Post by orgone » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:37 am

Hi, I applied for a Student Visitor Visa through VFS Chennai on Tuesday. I received an e-mail on Wednesday from British Deputy High Commission informing me that they have received my application and that it will be processed by an entry clearance officer shortly. My viva is at the end of the month. Will I receive the visa before that?

Also, I am planning to stay in a hostel for two weeks to attend the viva and submit any corrections or paperwork. I have made a downpayment and I have attached a print-out of the booking confirmation e-mail. I have similarly submitted a booking confirmation of the flights from the travel agent as well (itinerary and quote- not paid). My mother is sponsoring this trip and I have included her bank statements, sponsorship letter and payslips for six months. In a covering letter, I have listed the exact calculation of the money that is required for my stay (14 days) and there is more than that in my mother's account. I also have a visa letter from the university explaining that I have my viva scheduled for that particular date. Would I have any problems obtaining the visa? Would I need to attend an interview? I am a bit worried as I have to be in the UK before the end of the month to attend the viva. Please let me know what you think as I am very stressed. 3 processing days have already been completed as I write.

riz1986

Re: Student Visitor Visa for Phd Viva - Pls help

Post by riz1986 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:10 pm

No one here works for BHC india
Don't need to panic n jus hope ur visa turn up on time.

orgone

Re: Student Visitor Visa for Phd Viva - Pls help

Post by orgone » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:27 pm

riz1986 wrote:No one here works for BHC india
Don't need to panic n jus hope ur visa turn up on time.
Thanks, I didn't expect any BHC employees to be in this forum. :) I just wanted advise from someone who may have some experience with this. The idea of not being able to attend a viva for a thesis that I had been working on for a few years is a little bit scary. But, hopefully, I will get the visa soon.