ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN form query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

madhumesh
India

AN form query

Post by madhumesh » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:10 am

I have got my ILR after 28th Oct 2013 and now applying for my naturalisation next week. I have proved my english language requirement for ILR by providing IELTS general test passed in 2009, the same I used for initial entry clearance for Tier 1.

For Section 1.2: I have answered

I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013;

and was assuming I do not need to provide the evidence again but

The Supporting Documents section 2 state

SECTION 2 Evidence of knowledge of Language and of Life in the UK: required for all
applicants:
• Letter confirming success in the Life in the UK Test, stamped and signed by the Test
Supervisor; and either

Certificate showing that you have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR
or higher, or an equivalent level qualification. If you took a test on or after 6 April 2015 write
the number of your qualification at section 1.25 on page 7; or
  • Do i still need to fill 1.23 to 1.26 and provide the evidence?

And do referee has to state the date from which and exactly how they know they know me personally as one of my referee has just stated School Teacher and his age? He knows me for more than 3 year and is assistant teacher in my son school. However do not remember the month when we might have met. The question in An Form is "Say how you know the applicant, and state your age and profession:".

vignezh

Re: AN form query

Post by vignezh » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:37 am

I am in the same boat as you, got ILR last year. When applied through NCS, the lady insisted that we provide the evidence (Just in case). If you have the evidence that you used for ILR, there is no harm in including it.

With regards to the referees, it is sufficient if they just mention their profession. As they declare by signing that they know you for more than 3 years.
madhumesh wrote:I have got my ILR after 28th Oct 2013 and now applying for my naturalisation next week. I have proved my english language requirement for ILR by providing IELTS general test passed in 2009, the same I used for initial entry clearance for Tier 1.

For Section 1.2: I have answered

I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013;

and was assuming I do not need to provide the evidence again but

The Supporting Documents section 2 state

SECTION 2 Evidence of knowledge of Language and of Life in the UK: required for all
applicants:
• Letter confirming success in the Life in the UK Test, stamped and signed by the Test
Supervisor; and either

Certificate showing that you have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR
or higher, or an equivalent level qualification. If you took a test on or after 6 April 2015 write
the number of your qualification at section 1.25 on page 7; or
  • Do i still need to fill 1.23 to 1.26 and provide the evidence?

And do referee has to state the date from which and exactly how they know they know me personally as one of my referee has just stated School Teacher and his age? He knows me for more than 3 year and is assistant teacher in my son school. However do not remember the month when we might have met. The question in An Form is "Say how you know the applicant, and state your age and profession:".

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:27 am

1.23 - 1.26 do not apply in your case, so can be left blank. But as the previous poster has mentioned I have seen instances where some NCS staff have incorrectly requested for evidence, so you may want to take it with you when you go for your appointment.

Regarding the referees, if you are able to get them to add how they know you, I'd do so, purely for completeness sake. It would be something as simple as friend/colleague/etc, which would also confirm that they qualify to act as your referee. But I wouldn't worry if you are unable to, in which case the HO would contact them to find out if required.

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:08 pm

Thanks for the replies.