ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Want to move to Ireland from uk with my spanise wife urgent

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wickey822
Newly Registered

Want to move to Ireland from uk with my spanise wife urgent

Post by wickey822 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:25 am

Hi guys I want to move to ireland with my wife. I got refused eea residence permit in UK so I don't have visa now. I have already appealed last year but after waiting for 6 months they adjourned my hearing to August 2015 due to lack of court time .I have my passport so I want to move ireland .
What visa I need or can I enter without visa ?
Can I apply residence card in ireland?
can we use same uk marrige certificate in ireland or we have to get married again in ireland?
what is the complete process in ireland?
and because I was refused in uk will it effect my application in ireland?
Guys please help me I don't know what to do.

jeupsy

Re: Want to move to Ireland from uk with my spanise wife urg

Post by jeupsy » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:43 am

You are in theory able to come to Ireland and apply for a residence card (if your spouse starts employment), but Irish authorities will be using the same rules as the UK ones to asses the application and have access to your UK immigration history.

Why was you EEA permit application declined in the UK? (if the circumstances which lead the UK to decline it haven't changed, Ireland will likely do the same thing)

wickey822
Newly Registered

Post by wickey822 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:54 pm

Because they visited our home and both of us were at work so they said it was marriage on convineance.
And by the way in best of my knowledge ireland is not part of UK .so why would they rely on there decision. ??
And please answer my other questions thanks .

janesx
Newly Registered

Post by janesx » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:05 pm

wickey822 wrote:And by the way in best of my knowledge ireland is not part of UK .so why would they rely on there decision. ??
Because there are a lot of jerks like you who see Ireland as the easy way out! :evil:
Visa refused in the UK? No problem! Let's land in the Leprechaun land and that's life sorted...
The forum is full of people like you. Enough is enough! :arrow:

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:15 pm

What I mean is that the European directive which let you apply for the residence card are the same in Ireland and in the UK (or any other EU country) - so they will not rely on the UK's decision but they will assess the application based on the same criteria.

It is strange your UK application was rejected just on the basis of not finding you at home though ... under the directive you should definitely have been given an opportunity to clarify the situation.

In any case you can come to Ireland directly without a visa (showing you marriage certificate at the border and the officer will decide on the spot whether to let you in), or the other option is to get a visa (free of charge and fairly straight forward) so that the decision is made beforehand. My advice would be to apply for the visa so that you are sure they will not stop you at the border due to the UK refusal (based on what you said they shouldn't, but better be safe).

Once you are in Ireland you can apply for a residence card using this form (your spouse needs to find employment or become a full time student first): http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20E ... %20EU1.pdf

And also you don't need to get married again ine Ireland - a UK marriage certificate is perfectly valid here.

wickey822
Newly Registered

Post by wickey822 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:47 pm

Any other suggestions? ?

karen711

Post by karen711 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:38 pm

@janex .......what does you mean by forum is full of jerks like him???? Can u please explain this?

mumairsharif

Post by mumairsharif » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:27 pm

European law on the basis of which you are seeking residence is the same in UK & Ireland. If your visa is refused in UK & your circumstances is still the same, there is no reason to believe that you will be successful in Ireland. That is the reason why you need to understand why your application is refused so that you can work on the reason.

The story is different if let's say your spouse citizenship is British. In this case your refusal will have little bearing as you will be applying in Ireland under European law as opposed to British law under which your application is refused.