ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kpk1234

help please

Post by kpk1234 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:11 pm

I am not sure if I am posting in the correct forum or not. I would appreciate if anyone can shed some light on my situation.

When I first applied for my Tier 1 in 2009 I have used a false document (my own fault) to claim points for degree and managed to get ILR in 2014. one of my friend who is similar situation as me was detained by home office when he submitted his visa application for ILR. He was then presented with a list of names asking him to let them know if he knows anyone from the list and my name was on the list. My friend then rang me to let me know the situation. I have since left the country voluntarily. I am not sure if I was served with any notice or anything. I am married to a British Citizen (by birth) and this is causing concern. My wife is in UK and I am in my home country. Is there any way I could come back as a dependent on her as I want save my marriage? I am not sure if I am being banned from the country or anything similar. My friend who was detention center then notified the home office that I have left voluntarily and when he sought some legal advice from the officials there, he was advised that there will a ban on all people who are on list and will be removed from UK.

I know its my stupidity and made a mistake with my initial application, I am now feeling so guilty for being dishonest, careless and don't want to cause any grief to my partner and looking for alternatives.

Thanks,

KPK

kpk1234

Re: help please

Post by kpk1234 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:42 pm

Can anyone help me with what I can do next?

Thanks

Highly_Skilled

Post by Highly_Skilled » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:00 am

I cannot say for certain but the chances are that you have been banned for obtaining leave to remain by deception. Which I believe carries a 10 year ban.

Needless to say if you are banned any potential application for re-enter the UK would result in a refusal. Is it not possible for your wife to return to your country of origin if you want to work things out?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:04 am

Not necessarily.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kpk1234

Post by kpk1234 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:56 pm

Thanks Highly skilled, she may struggle to adjust in my home country as she only visited my home country twice since birth.

Thanks vinny, do you think the ECO will be satisfied with my application? , based on your post it appears to be OK but i don't have any children to make my case stronger. I only left UK recently. Do you thing I should wait a bit longer? I am a bit worried.

Thanks in Advance.

kpk1234

Post by kpk1234 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:59 pm

Any Thoughts Vinny.

kpk1234

Post by kpk1234 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:48 pm

any thoughts/suggestions from anyone who has been in a similar situation.

Regards,

kpk

kpk1234

Post by kpk1234 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:47 pm

Vinny,

Do you think I should wait a few months before applying for spouse visa? Will ECO consider our marriage is legitimate? I got married in 2011 in UK and deception was used in initial application for Tier 1 (general) in 2009.

Thanks,

KPK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:03 pm

They might question why you are applying for a entry clearance spouse visa when you were already granted ILR in 2014!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:27 pm

CR001 wrote:They might question why you are applying for a entry clearance spouse visa when you were already granted ILR in 2014!
Yes my thoughts exactly. I don't really understand why you left the UK when you hadn't even received any paperwork to say your ilr had be revoked.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:39 pm

OP will be opening himself up to some intense scrutiny with a spouse visa application. Not a hot seat I would like to be in.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kpk1234

Post by kpk1234 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:56 pm

Cr001 and greenie,

My friend who is in similar situation mentioned that homeoffice already know that i have used deception. When they detained him, he was given a document with my name on it and asked him if he knows me and its only matter homeoffice would serve me a notice Or try to remove me.

Not sure what to do in this situation and how would i go by letting homeoffice know.

Thanks in Advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:09 pm

It is quite an awkward position that you are in now and i honestly cannot see you being successful in a spouse visa application for the reason i have stated about ILR. It doesnt matter where you apply, they will know your history and about the deception.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:10 pm

kpk1234 wrote:Cr001 and greenie,

My friend who is in similar situation mentioned that homeoffice already know that i have used deception. When they detained him, he was given a document with my name on it and asked him if he knows me and its only matter homeoffice would serve me a notice Or try to remove me.

Not sure what to do in this situation and how would i go by letting homeoffice know.

Thanks in Advance
That still doesn't explain why you left when you planned on coming back to your wife. What did you hope to achieve by leaving?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:38 am

as you are unsure of your immigration status obtain your personal immigration data before deciding how to proceed:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

kpk1234

Post by kpk1234 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:16 pm

Thanks Manci,

Can I request it while I am in my home country?

Greenie and CR001,

My friend who was detained mentioned to immigration officials that I have already left the country. I am planning to come back but not sure if I will be stopped/detained at the airport and then deport me back. I will request info as advised by Manci and may be take a decision on how to proceed.

Thanks,
KPK