ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement - UK degree

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

sdcard
Newly Registered

English language requirement - UK degree

Post by sdcard » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:01 pm

Hi all,

Just a quick question - re proving knowledge of English.

(1) I have a UK Bachelors degree - but someone has come along and told me I need to get UK NARIC English Language assessment. To be on the safe side, I have just applied for the Assessment from the NARIC website submitting degree certificate, degree transcript and a letter from uni stating it was taught in English. Another person has now told me I don't have to use UK NARIC (as I expected initially) - but I would really appreciate if somebody would confirm this. I don't think I will be expecting a refund off NARIC.

(2) Or alternatively, I guess my question is what do I need to submit to prove the English Language requirement given I have a UK degree. What documents do they require - I am finding the gov.uk website a bit silent on this/slightly vague.

(3) I did my Life in the UK test back in June 2012. Do I need to re-sit this given I am now applying 3 years from then?

Thank you ever so much!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: English language requirement - UK degree

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:10 pm

Liuk does not expire so you can use it again.

A UK degree will meet the English requirement and you will need yo submit your degree certificate which Harrow NCS will copy and return original to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sdcard
Newly Registered

Post by sdcard » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:12 pm

Thank you so much !

jpat2002

Post by jpat2002 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:19 pm

hi
I was wondering if UK NARIC dealing with UK qualification or just for overseas qualification. As i want to get English Language Certificate letter for UK PG Certificate.But i dont know wether NARIC will assess it or not..!!Please Help
sdcard wrote:Hi all,

(1) I have a UK Bachelors degree - but someone has come along and told me I need to get UK NARIC English Language assessment. To be on the safe side, I have just applied for the Assessment from the NARIC website submitting degree certificate, degree transcript and a letter from uni stating it was taught in English. Another person has now told me I don't have to use UK NARIC (as I expected initially) - but I would really appreciate if somebody would confirm this. I don't think I will be expecting a refund off NARIC.

(2) Or alternatively, I guess my question is what do I need to submit to prove the English Language requirement given I have a UK degree. What documents do they require - I am finding the gov.uk website a bit silent on this/slightly vague.

(3) I did my Life in the UK test back in June 2012. Do I need to re-sit this given I am now applying 3 years from then?

Thank you ever so much!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:11 pm

jpat2002 wrote:I was wondering if UK NARIC dealing with UK qualification or just for overseas qualification.
Its just for overseas qualifications. You can take a look at what they do below. UK based qualifications would never need to go through UK NARIC, as what they do is a compatibility assessment of the overseas qualification.
http://ecctis.co.uk/naric/individuals/C ... ility.aspx

jpat2002

Post by jpat2002 » Sat May 09, 2015 12:14 pm

sdcard wrote:Hi all,

Thank you ever so much!
Hi did you received you NARIC letter for UK degree..
As I am confused,as i have UK Postgraduate Certificate in Science qualification from UK University.Previously this qualification was on point based calculator and i claimed 30 point at time of previous Tier 1 application.Am about to apply for ILR now,but i could find this qualification on PBS now,i was wondering if UK Naric will isuue me letter of comparability for this UK Postgraduate Certificate qualification..?
Please let me know..Thanks..