ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization application biometric enrolment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sanky_001

Naturalization application biometric enrolment

Post by sanky_001 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:51 pm

Dear All,

Im applying for my BC coming April 15 through NCS.

As a part of the new application process, do we still have to do Biometric registration in the post office?

I already have a BRP card when I got my ILR last july.

Please advice.

Thanks n regards,
Sanky

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: April 2015 Naturalization application timeline

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:57 pm

sanky_001 wrote:Im applying for my BC coming April 15 through NCS.

As a part of the new application process, do we still have to do Biometric registration in the post office?

I already have a BRP card when I got my ILR last july.
Yes. Please see page 13 of the new AN guide for details.

sanky_001

Post by sanky_001 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:00 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
sanky_001 wrote:Yes. Please see page 13 of the new AN guide for details.
Thanks cs95tdg. Thatz a bummer; )

oace

Post by oace » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:08 pm

Page 13 of the guide is not entirely clear.

It also says:
"If you have previously enrolled your biometric details and been issued with a
biometric residence permit, you must include this with your application."
If the previous biometrics didn't matter, there shouldn't have been any mention of it.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:30 pm

oace wrote:Page 13 of the guide is not entirely clear.

It also says:
"If you have previously enrolled your biometric details and been issued with a
biometric residence permit, you must include this with your application."
If the previous biometrics didn't matter, there shouldn't have been any mention of it.
Just to avoid any confusion, when it comes to biometric enrolment, all immigration applications I've done in the recent past (since around 2009) have requested for previous biometric details to be mentioned & for the permit to be included. For postal applications I had to live without my passport & BRP, so was unable to travel until the decision was made. The alternative given was an in-person PEO application where you got all your original documents back on the same day, excluding the old BRP. The new one arrived soon after in the post.

Now when it comes to naturalisation applications, they give you the option of applying by post (in which case, as a standard they expect you to send your original passport & BRP). The alternative to direct postal applications is going through a NCS (in which case, they don't expect original Passport & BRP). Here a certified copy of each is excepted instead. So the guidance is written more to suit a postal application, when they say, you need to include the BRP with your application.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:36 pm

sanky_001 wrote:Caffeine, do you want to include Biometric Registration in the timeline as a part of the new application process? Just a thought :)
Just a note to everyone, it's only for applications received by the HO from April 7th (after Easter) that Biometrics are absolutely required. So today would really be the last date anyone would be able to submit an application with the old form.

sanky_001

Post by sanky_001 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:05 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
sanky_001 wrote:Caffeine, do you want to include Biometric Registration in the timeline as a part of the new application process? Just a thought :)
Just a note to everyone, it's only for applications received by the HO from April 7th (after Easter) that Biometrics are absolutely required. So today would really be the last date anyone would be able to submit an application with the old form.
Thanks for clarifying this and detailed explanation previously. Appreciate it:)

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:24 pm

I just dont get this new biomatrics requirement. How many times they will have the biomatrics done. You do at ILR stage, you do at british passport stage when you go to the interview and they take your finger prints and now this requirement at naturalisation stage. Its just introducing ways to get money out of people. Just ridiculous :x

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:13 pm

I appreciate it is frustrating, with the additional cost & time required to accommodate this process. But at the same do appreciate the reason for it being introduced. Just as with immigration applications, the HO is trying to ensure they verify the identity of the Applicant. Fundamentally its using biometrics as a secondary identity check (instead of purely relying on a Passport), just as what they do every time you re-enter the UK.

annad
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalization application biometric enrolment

Post by annad » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:03 pm

Hi Everyone,
Can you tell me please if EU citizens are also required to register biometric information and have their fingerprints scanned at the post office?
Thanks

Abi77
Newly Registered

Post by Abi77 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:26 pm

No. Just non eea national I believe

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:04 am

Abi77 wrote:No. Just non eea national I believe
Biometric is required for everyone. Click here please:
Biometric information
You must also provide your biometric information (fingerprints and a photo). This costs £19.20.

The Home Office will tell you when you need to provide your biometric information. Your biometric information is only held until you’ve attended a citizenship ceremony.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

mianrm

Post by mianrm » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:40 pm

Yesterday, i had NCS appointment and the lady told me that, now if you have BRP card, you do not need to get it done again via post office.

hope this helps
Date of application Delivered (16/04/2015)
Date of Approval: 16/10/2015 dated:12/10
Date of Private Ceremony Booked: 20 / 10 / 2015

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:57 pm

mianrm wrote:Yesterday, i had NCS appointment and the lady told me that, now if you have BRP card, you do not need to get it done again via post office.

hope this helps
It doesn't in fact I am pretty sure NCS person is mistaken here, see page 7 of the instructions to caseworkers. Briefly, if you have ever had a BRP, you go and register again, they match and all fine, if you don't, then its fine and in both cases they keep records of BRP information till your Passport is issued.

Anyway, you can update it if you never get a letter for BRP registration while you currently have a BRP card.

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:01 pm

I think no one can say for sure, until we get the new AN forms started getting processed... Lets wait and watch

I don't understand the repeat process of getting Bio Moetric done again and again... at least they should have a cut off date ..
i.e if Bio metric was done during the last one year, no need to re do it again.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:05 pm

chowkal wrote: I don't understand the repeat process of getting Bio Moetric done again and again... at least they should have a cut off date ..
i.e if Bio metric was done during the last one year, no need to re do it again.

Page 7:
You must consider all aspects of the application with the biometric information result.
‘Match’ means the person, who has had their biometric information taken in this application, has previously submitted their biometric information at some point.
‘No-match’ means the person, who has submitted their biometric information in this application has not had their biometric information taken before
So to avoid fraud, I presume.

mianrm

Post by mianrm » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:10 pm

fwd079 wrote:
mianrm wrote:Yesterday, i had NCS appointment and the lady told me that, now if you have BRP card, you do not need to get it done again via post office.

hope this helps
It doesn't in fact I am pretty sure NCS person is mistaken here, see page 7 of the instructions to caseworkers. Briefly, if you have ever had a BRP, you go and register again, they match and all fine, if you don't, then its fine and in both cases they keep records of BRP information till your Passport is issued.

Anyway, you can update it if you never get a letter for BRP registration while you currently have a BRP card.

Sure, will do update here

Loughborough
Newly Registered

Post by Loughborough » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:27 pm

Did they return your original biometric card after making a copy? thanks

mianrm

Post by mianrm » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:06 pm

Loughborough wrote:Did they return your original biometric card after making a copy? thanks
yes they did,

FireballXL5

Post by FireballXL5 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:57 pm

We applied after 6th April at an NCS and we were also told that we didn't need to go through biometric enrollment again because it had already been done during the ILR process to get a BRP.

Does anyone have a definitive answer here on whether people with recently acquired BRPs need to do it all over again?

I agree that the caseworker notes linked to above appear to suggest that new biometric data is matched with that on the BRP but why is there no explicit clarity on this? And why do all of the NCS's seem to think that this isn't the case?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:29 pm

Given the apparent disconnect (NCS staff information given to you vs. UKBA guidelines) I think the only way to see what will happen in practice is to see how the April applications get processed. Or else make a written request to the Home Office asking for confirmation.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:45 pm

FireballXL5 wrote:We applied after 6th April at an NCS and we were also told that we didn't need to go through biometric enrollment again because it had already been done during the ILR process to get a BRP.

Does anyone have a definitive answer here on whether people with recently acquired BRPs need to do it all over again?

I agree that the caseworker notes linked to above appear to suggest that new biometric data is matched with that on the BRP but why is there no explicit clarity on this? And why do all of the NCS's seem to think that this isn't the case?

Page 7:
You must consider all aspects of the application with the biometric information result.
‘Match’ means the person, who has had their biometric information taken in this application, has previously submitted their biometric information at some point.
‘No-match’ means the person, who has submitted their biometric information in this application has not had their biometric information taken before
This is introduced to avoid fraud etc.

RochelleT
Newly Registered

Post by RochelleT » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:40 pm

I also had my application through NCS today and was told I wouldn't be asked to go for a biometric appointment as I had it done for my last application.

sunil0300
Newly Registered

Post by sunil0300 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:48 pm

Hi RochelleT

I have just put my question regarding Biometric since you have been to NCS I wanted to check if they have returned you original biometric after photocopying and what did you fill in form in 6.7 when it ask you 6.7 BRP enclosed? yes or no ( if not enclosed then please state location etc )

Also if you can check my other 3 question it will be highly appreciated as I dont want to use this thread to answer my queries it is posted with a subject : Form AN Filling - 4 Questions

Thanks in advance

RochelleT
Newly Registered

Post by RochelleT » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:34 pm

Hello,

My BRP card was returned and section 6.7 was changed by the NCS lady to No from yes and she wrote original sighted and certified as the reason.

Same with Mainrm, I was told I wouldn't be asked for biometrics again but watch this space.

Thanks.