ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language certificate - MUMBAI Univ

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

annyk
Newly Registered

English language certificate - MUMBAI Univ

Post by annyk » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:01 am

Hi,

How to obtain english language certificate from Mumbai University?
I did by BE from affiliated college of Mum Univ.

What is the exact name for that cerificate? Is it called 'English language proficiency ceritificate'?

Any directions, contact nos would be really helpful.

thanks a lot,
Anny

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:56 am

hi der,
The english language certificate can be obtained from kalina univ in kalina, mumbai.

annyk
Newly Registered

RE: English language certificate - MUMBAI Univ

Post by annyk » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:04 pm

Thanks for the response.

How long it takes to get it done? Do I need any certificate from my college before approaching kalina?

Is there any contach number to enquire for this?

thanks a lot,
Anny

nikunj_dal

Post by nikunj_dal » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:19 pm

Details below:

How long it takes to get it done?
2 Weeks from the date of submission @ kalina

Do I need any certificate from my college before approaching kalina?
Yes, you 'll have to get cert. from your college stating course done in English.

Is there any contach number to enquire for this?
You may search University website for this.

Nikunj.

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:32 pm

hi der,
best thing would be try asking any of your friends or relatives in mumbai to go there personally and collect the forms and submit as well. You know how the system works there, you would be lucky to get things done by phone call.

annyk
Newly Registered

Post by annyk » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:18 pm

Thanks all for quick responses!

Yes, I know you can never get things done on phone in our kinda system.
I m plnning to go to my college tomorrow and then go to kalina to apply.
hopefully, i shud complete this in one day and then ask someone else to collect the certificate after 2 weeks.

I m hpoing tht i wudn't hv to spend lot of time figuring out which dept and building to go in kalina for such a certificate.. thts y i ws looking for some contact no if anyone knows.

thx,
Anny

annyk
Newly Registered

Post by annyk » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:28 am

so here goes my story ...

i obtained letter from my college, but it took me some more time than i anticipated ... then i reached kalina by 4.20 pm

unfortunately by that time enquiry counter was closed .... someone told me this certificate is issued by Eligibility section which happened to be a incorrect and from then on all my efforts to figure exactly which building/section to approach went fruitless ...

So if anyone on this board knows exactly which building/section inside Kalina one should approach, that would be really helpful. I can tell one of my friends to go and get the same.

Thanks,
Anny

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:54 am

hi annyk,
You have to go to Examination House in Kalina campus. Ask them for special certificate form.

annyk
Newly Registered

Post by annyk » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:52 pm

Thanks! This wil help a lot.
i wil pass-on the info to my friend.

rgds,
-Anny

unileeds

Post by unileeds » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:13 am

Hi you have to get a letter from you college first, saying u were a student and were awarded XXX from mumbai Uni on XXX date. The course was taught in english needs to be mentioned as well for all X yrs.

Take this along with the original degree to the kalina examination building to windwo 2 or 3 and ask for the special certificate form. fill that up and then wait for 20 days and collect it.
Personally they got my name spelling wrong, and they wouldnt accept my faxed degree from my friend, so I said.. Bugger this Im giving IELTS GT. I suggest it to anyone as it will be useful in the future as well. I have been told its a cake walk if you converse in English everyday. Personally I think its a money making scheme. I mean I did my masters from the Uk and have worked here for nearly 2 yrs and now I have to prove I can speak english... fascinating!!! Its like driving, I could drive like a crazy maniac without getting any points on my indian license here for 11 months before i have to prove my driving by giving a test. I think serious re think of such rules is required!!

ashoksabne
Newly Registered

Special Certificate from Mumbai University

Post by ashoksabne » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:17 pm

This information is just to add whatever information I got regarding .
The certificate is called "Special Certificate" at Mumbai University. The steps are as follows:-
1) Go to college. Here you have two options:-
Option i) Give them a written application for requesting a letter stating that your medium of instruction for 3 years was English. Pay a fees of Rs. 10/-. Attach final years photocopies and show them originals for verification.
Option ii) Give them a written application for requesting "Transcript". Pay Rs. 500/-. Attach the L.C., marksheets for all 3 years and degree cert. Originals will be required for verification.
After following either of the options listed above, after few days of constant follow-ups, you will get relavent letter/transcript from college.
2) Goto the window no. 2 of MU's Mahatma Phule Bhavan and tell them that you want "S.C."
3) Collect a pre-printed application form for "S.C." and Bank Of Baroda's challan.
3) Go to BOB's counter behind window no 2, pay Rs. 100/-. Get the acknoledgement.
4) Submit the filled "pre-printed application form for S.C." with above acknoledgement and required photocopies. You will get another acknoledgement.
5) Come after few days with acknoledgemnt and collect the "S.C.", which will server the purpose.

ashoksabne
Newly Registered

English Language Certificate for UK Visa.

Post by ashoksabne » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:22 pm

Hi Nikunj,
Please refer to the above mentioned Options i and ii. First option is of Rs. 10/- and second one of Transcript is of Rs. 500/-. Which one is really required? Or is it the college's money making policy?
Regards,
Ashok

nikunj_dal

Post by nikunj_dal » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:30 am

Hi Ashok, regret for the late revert.

Why do you need a Transcript from your college? Get the medium of instruction letter paying nominal fees of Rs10 or as applicable. Even I did the same for all 3 years. But please note you need to submit only the last year letter @ university.

Regards
Nikunj

nidave20
Newly Registered
India

Re: English language certificate - MUMBAI Univ

Post by nidave20 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:49 am

Thanks unileeds and ashoksabne,
Today I visited the university for the language certificate. And your information helped me a lot. Examination House renamed as Mahatma Jyoti phule bhavan is the building & window no 2 & 3👍. I had to submit the original letter received from college and photocopy of TY marksheet & convocation certificate. Now they have asked me to collect the certificate after 20 days.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: English language certificate - MUMBAI Univ

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:58 am

nidave20 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:49 am
Thanks unileeds and ashoksabne,
Today I visited the university for the language certificate. And your information helped me a lot. Examination House renamed as Mahatma Jyoti phule bhavan is the building & window no 2 & 3👍. I had to submit the original letter received from college and photocopy of TY marksheet & convocation certificate. Now they have asked me to collect the certificate after 20 days.
Kindly refrain from digging up topics that are almost 11 years old!!

If you have questions, kindly start your own topic in the relevant visa sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.