ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ancestry visa to ILR assistance please!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Disfordylan87
inactive

Ancestry visa to ILR assistance please!

Post by Disfordylan87 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:27 pm

Hi all, long time visitor on the page and have a few questions for my indefinate leave to remain application in the coming months!
*I have 4 P60s, will this be ok?
*Is it a good idea to hire a person to help with your visa?
*I have a certified copy of my grandmothers certificate which was fine for my ancestry visa application will this be ok again for ILR? I don't need marriage certificates as it shows lineage on the birth certificates.
*Regardkng pays lips mine are emailed, do I just print 6 months worth or do they need stamping?
Is it hard to book an express in person application by yourself?

Thanks!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ancestry visa to ILR assistance please!

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:34 pm

Disfordylan87 wrote:Hi all, long time visitor on the page and have a few questions for my indefinate leave to remain application in the coming months!
*I have 4 P60s, will this be ok? should be fine with some payslips covering last few months
*Is it a good idea to hire a person to help with your visa? if you have a fairly straightgorward application it is not necessary. Lots of free and good advice here on the gorum.
*I have a certified copy of my grandmothers certificate which was fine for my ancestry visa application will this be ok again for ILR? I don't need marriage certificates as it shows lineage on the birth certificates. should be ok. Cant you get extract of birth certificate from gro.gov? You need ALL the same docs as when you first applied. Is your ancestry through yoyr grandmother and your father?
*Regardkng pays lips mine are emailed, do I just print 6 months worth or do they need stamping? yes, HR should be able to do it for you
Is it hard to book an express in person application by yourself? no, but costs an etra £400 on top of the ILR fee of £1,500. The systems shows bookable appointments 42 days forward

Thanks!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Disfordylan87
inactive

Post by Disfordylan87 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:52 pm

Thanks for the very quick reply! I'm pretty sure it's straight forward so I can do on my own. I applied for my ancestry visa through my mother and grandmother, which was fine as proof lineage was shown, the ancestry is through my mothers side, I got a copy of my grandmothers birth certificate through births deaths and marriages registry will that be ok?

Thanks

keano
Newly Registered

Post by keano » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:53 pm

Check out my post in in person applications as I was granted on Wednesday. Ancestry to ILR is easy as proof level is low and you can do it yourself and you only need 3 months of payslips and bank statements. I had original birth certificates (me > mother > maternal grandmother)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:06 pm

Yes, sounds like you are good to go then. All the best and shout if you have more questions.

Btw, have you done LIUK? And English B1 (unless exempt due to being from approved English speaking country)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Disfordylan87
inactive

Post by Disfordylan87 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:31 am

Thanks ally char, yes booking my life in UK test soon, from Australia so don't need to do language test. Well done Keano on getting ILR! It seems pretty straightforward from ancestry then? Did you need a letter from your employer listing all your holidays out of the UK? The form also looks quite daunting is it easy to fill out by yourself? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:49 am

Make sure you complete the most recent Set (O) form. A lot of the pages and sections are not relevant for your application so you can just ignore those.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

keano
Newly Registered

Post by keano » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:00 pm

No letter from my employer for the holidays as not required on Ancestry if below the limits. The letter from my employer just stated my address, how long I had been employed, my salary, confirmation of my continuing employment and that I was of good character (it is their standard template).

My absenses were 158 in total in 5 years, 134 holidays and 34 work days, with 40 days in my 12 months prior to ILR. I provided an excel spreadsheet detailing that. I wrote in the cover letter that my holidays were using annual leave/flexitime for work.

Feel free to ask any questions. CR001 is correct that most of the SET(O) doesn't require to be completed on Ancestry.

Disfordylan87
inactive

Post by Disfordylan87 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:15 pm

Thanks Keano, I just read through then form...I don't understand the biometrics permit part? I had my fingerprints taken before I moved here so do I fill out this part of the form? And do you not had to show all work related absences? As I don't understand the crown dependencies part! The format for the employer letter does your employer fill this in for you? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:23 pm

You need to list the details of the last time you had your biometrics taken. If this was taken abroad, list the month/year and where it was done (visa application centre). When you apply for ILR, you will be required to submit biometrics again as part of the process but they will write to you if you apply by post and if you apply in person it is done on the day of your appointment.

Ignore the Crown dependencies part.

You don't need a letter from employer and they are not required to complete any part of the form.

Suggestion by Keano re schedule and short cover letter regarding absence will suffice for ILR based on Ancestry visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

keano
Newly Registered

Post by keano » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:25 pm

Also, I assume you have the visa stuck in your passport rather than a biometric card? I only had a biometric permit as I had to get a replacement visa when my passport was stolen 18 months ago. Therefore you can ignore any questions asking for biometric permit details like card number.

Disfordylan87
inactive

Post by Disfordylan87 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:22 pm

Yeah I had my biometrics done in Australia before ancestry visa approval, it is stuck in my passport. So do I just lost the date I completed this and write the brp number from the top right of my ancestry Visa card? Ok is the short letter along the lines of
Dylan is a good worker for the company and
travelled whilst working with us,
receiving holiday pay in the process?

megs112
Newly Registered

Post by megs112 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:05 pm

Does anyone have a cover letter that they would be willing to share?

Thanks so much,
Megs

keano
Newly Registered

Post by keano » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:29 pm

Cover letter for the visa? Mine was:

SET(0) Application Covering Letter
Please find enclosed my SET(O) application under the Ancestry path. I am applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain on the basis that I entered into the UK on 27 April 2010 on my ancestry valid granted on 14 April 2010 and have completed the five year qualifying period.

Below is background detail on the supporting documents provided:

Previous Travel Documents:
I have provided a photocopy of my previous New Zealand passport XXXX and UK Entry Clearance valid from 14 April 2010 and showing entry 27 April 2010. This passport was stolen in Paris, France on 16 November 2013. I have attached a copy of the French police report and certified translation. My travel insurance company kept the original. The original was sighted the Croydon Home Office on 11 December 2013 when I was granted a biometric permit XXXXXX through the transfer to stay process.

Absences:
I have included a list of all my absences. I have spent a total of 158 days in the five year period out of the UK including 34 days for business and 124 for leisure. All the leisure trips have been using my paid leave or use of flexitime from my employment. My current New Zealand passport XXXXXX shows all absences from December 2013.

Finances/Employment:
I have been employed by the same employer for my entire period in the UK and have provided a letter from XXXXXX confirming this and my continuing employment and salary. My employer pays me fortnightly so I have provided payslips from January to my last payslip paid 2 April 2015.

I have provided bank statements from the last 3 months to confirm receipt of my employment income and funds available to me. The final statement is dated 7 March as the 7 April statement is not available. I have also attached a bank statement from my savings account to confirm I also hold £xx,xxx to continue to support myself.

Ancestry:
I qualify for ancestry through my maternal grandmother born in Suffolk. I have included the following birth certificates in addition to my own: Grandmother and Mother.

Kind regards,

Disfordylan87
inactive

Post by Disfordylan87 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:26 pm

Thanks for the cover letter Keano. So to reconfirm, my grandmothers certified copy from gpo, mothers original birth certificate and my original abridged and copy of full unabridged birth certificate is ok?

I don't need to do brp details but need to fill out fingerprint for when they were done for ancestry visa? Thanks! P.s doing life in UK test in two weeks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:39 pm

What about marriage certificate for your mother to show name change. I had to provide those for my Ancestry for grandmother and mother.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Disfordylan87
inactive

Post by Disfordylan87 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:45 pm

I applied for my ancestry visa through my mother and grandmother, which was fine as proof lineage was shown, the ancestry is through my mothers side, I got a copy of my grandmothers birth certificate through births deaths and marriages registry will that be ok?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:52 pm

Birth certificate will be fine yes.

I also applied through my mother and grandmother and was required to show marriage certificates for both indicating the name change due to marriage. I did apply in 2008 though so might be a slight change to requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Disfordylan87
inactive

Post by Disfordylan87 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:02 pm

Ah right, both birth certificates show maiden names and ancestry was done in 2010.

So to reconfirm, my grandmothers certified copy from gpo, mothers original birth certificate and my original abridged and copy of full unabridged birth certificate is ok

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:19 pm

Sounds good to go.

Question though, do you only have a copy of your unabridged or is it a certified vault copy of the birth register? Photocopies are not generally accepted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Disfordylan87
inactive

Post by Disfordylan87 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:29 pm

Great! It's a certified unabridged copy by Australia's version of gpo. This ok? Thanks for all the help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:57 pm

Great, good luck and let us know how it goes :)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Disfordylan87
inactive

Post by Disfordylan87 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:07 pm

Thanks! Never heard of a vault copy as Australia I don't think Australia does that? I have an original extract...but certified unabridged is fine?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:18 pm

Vault copy is a certified copy of a birth register but I think only relevant to South Africa lol
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Disfordylan87
inactive

Post by Disfordylan87 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:30 pm

Haha yeah I just researched it and it seems just South Africa only. So I guess aus certified copy will suffice as it did when I applied for ancestry