ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

madhumesh
India

MN1 query

Post by madhumesh » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:40 pm

I have NCS appointment booked for Monday and got everything ready but a little problem with child Referee. I had Assistant teacher signed for them who has taught both. Now realized that assistant teacher may not be on accepted professional list although he worked with them on his professional capacity. Also he has not completed Passport details but may ask him to put "Available on request". There is not enough time to find other referee.

Just need an advice

1) Should I go ahead and apply? Is Assistant Teacher as referee could be a problem? I am thinking that HO may be bit lenient for children. Do any one have their application delayed because of referee issue, can't find any examples here?

2) Or should I just apply with my wife only and apply later for children when referee sort out? Can I apply for children later with out having BC ourselves?

Thanks

madhumesh
India

Re: MN1 query

Post by madhumesh » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:48 am

Any one please.

madhumesh
India

Re: MN1 query

Post by madhumesh » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:59 am

Just had a look at guide,
"Registration at the Home Secretary’s discretion – Section 3(1) application

Children born abroad to parents who are applying for British citizenship
Where one or both parents are applying for British citizenship they may apply for one
or more children who are not automatically British at birth (see “Automatic acquisition
of British citizenship” above) to be registered as British citizens as part of a “family
application”
. Children in this category will be considered at the Home Secretary’s
discretion and will usually be registered only if both the parents are granted or already
hold British citizenship, or if one parent holds British citizenship and the other is
settled in the UK."
both children are born abroad. Does this mean they can only apply as family application and can't apply on their own later without both or either of parents having British citizenship?