ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pay

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by Pay » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:51 am

Hi every one I need your help and really appreciate and am grateful for the time you spend to clear this for me . I am due for naturalization on June 2015 . By then I would have had my ILR for 12 month . I obtained my ILR through 10 years legal action residency . During this 10 years I was 14-15 month on EU residence card applied through marriage to EU . Now for naturalization I have my passports covering last 10 years . But when I was on EU residency card I wasn't getting stamps . Do I need to give alternative evidence for that period or Information given at the time of ILR is sufficient enough . I am not EU myself just had residence card for over 1 year before I applied for ILR . Please reply to me . Many thanks have lovely time

sabidh12

Post by sabidh12 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:54 am

Hi experienced members i need you urgent help.

I requested HO for urgent return of my passports and BRP as my application for naturalisation is under process.I filled online form and spoke to them. They said they had sent my passports and BRP.
Today i received my passports but they didn't send BRP. I have already booked my tickets for tomorrow as i was expecting them today.

I have to travel very urgent. If i travel, how can i come back without BRP.

I am really very upset. Pls i would appreciate every single suggestion.

sabidh12

Post by sabidh12 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi everybody, i need your advice pls. I have to travel in urgent as my mom has passed away in my home country. I am very stressed. My BRP didn't come even in todays post so i had to cancel my ticket.

Pls tell me what should i do now. Why didn't they send brp with passport when i requested for both.
Is there anybody who had requested for return of documents and whose BRP came after passports.

Pls spare some time for me, i am waiting for your response.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:09 pm

sabidh12 wrote:Hi everybody, i need your advice pls. I have to travel in urgent as my mom has passed away in my home country. I am very stressed. My BRP didn't come even in todays post so i had to cancel my ticket.

Pls tell me what should i do now. Why didn't they send brp with passport when i requested for both.
Is there anybody who had requested for return of documents and whose BRP came after passports.

Pls spare some time for me, i am waiting for your response.
I am very sorry for ur loss. HO is unpredictable and incompetent bunch of people, if they r sending a passport then they should have sent a BRP with it too in one envelope.

Call them n ask them have they sent ur passport n BRP in one envelope or separately. U can involve ur MP and request him to ask HO to trace ur BRP or atleast send u an urgent replacement of the BRP. I have heard that all assemblies r desolved so may be u wont find ur MP. U can request straight on this link for replacement
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... en-damaged
I guess there is a premium service as well which would be quick.

Best of Luck

sabidh12

Post by sabidh12 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:09 pm

Thank you so much waiz89k. I called ho call center and they said that i would receive a call from ho in 48hrs. Lets see what they will say.

I am surprised why did they send only passports. Even their letter says that they have enclosed passports.

san2014

Post by san2014 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:32 am

Hello PAK321
Thanks for the replay
May I ask you a question please?
It says if you applied for asylum then u can't use the form to get documents back, u need to contact caseworker. So is this correct or anyone should complete the form?

Thanks for your time and your help

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:47 am

Hi there,

Applying through NCS later this month.

I want to add my English name to my current name, is that possible through this process or would I need to change my name after application?

Many thanks.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:56 pm

While we wait (over 7 months here), how do we request a Freedom of Information from HO?

Could I ask HO if my case has been assigned and if there is any deadline for it?

How about asking what does the "Third Party" awaiting check mean?

Many thanks,
Siraj

vivienna
Newly Registered

Post by vivienna » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:22 pm

Guys

Does anyone know, after I attend the citizenship award ceremony, they should give me the certificate of british citizenship. Is it correct? But then I need to apply for a British passport? What's the waiting time between the application and when they actually give you the British passport?

Thanks for help!

san2014

Post by san2014 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:16 pm

As far as i know you can Not make a inquiry about your case or personal. It should be in general :(

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:47 pm

san2014 wrote:As far as i know you can Not make a inquiry about your case or personal. It should be in general :(
That's no good, I'm not impressed.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:20 am

Siraj ud-Daulah wrote:While we wait (over 7 months here), how do we request a Freedom of Information from HO?

Could I ask HO if my case has been assigned and if there is any deadline for it?

How about asking what does the "Third Party" awaiting check mean?

Many thanks,
Siraj
Yes it is possible and HO will give u the exact information about ur application under FOI act.

Check out the following, this might interest u.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... on_statu_2

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:43 am

Excellent!! Thanks, I'll request them today.

Can you please tell me how do I request foi to ho @waiz89?

san2014

Post by san2014 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:14 am

Hello @waiz89
I just want to ask if is this possible because I did a request to the HO but in general?
Would you mind to let me know please?

I really need to ask them for a specific case which is for my partner. He is been waiting for the answer nearly 1 year as he applied for naturalization :(

Thanks

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:37 am

Please have a look at this following letter from an immigrant lady to all politicians.
Exactly my point.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/7066334#

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:44 am

Siraj ud-Daulah wrote:Excellent!! Thanks, I'll request them today.

Can you please tell me how do I request foi to ho @waiz89?
Go to the below link and press make a request and find home office from the list and write ur request to them and make sure u follow it every day till u receive an acknowledgement and then they will take upto 20 days to answer if not then u need to remind them.

U need to creat an account with just some basic details i.e name and email address.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:52 am

Thanks a lot again Waiz, you're a star!

Their website says that I cannot request personal information though..

"Can I request information about myself? No!"

Reading the previous case, HO doesn't disclose any personal information due to data protection act and only says if case is decided or still under consideration.

san2014

Post by san2014 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:05 am

I understand her situation as we are paying so much money for those things :(
When it cames to the application that he made hey took the money in two days but is nearly a year and they haven't sent the answer, just we need time :(
So upset with their behavior

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:09 am

Siraj ud-Daulah wrote:Thanks a lot again Waiz, you're a star!

Their website says that I cannot request personal information though..

"Can I request information about myself? No!"

Reading the previous case, HO doesn't disclose any personal information due to data protection act and only says if case is decided or still under consideration.
Dont worry just make a request and they will answer it if it is over 6 months since u applied otherwise they will answer the same that u have to wait till 6 months r over.

There r various occasions where HO answered such personal requests so I dont see any problem in urs too. And on top of that there is no HARM in asking worst come worst they would say NO, isnt it.

Best of luck and keep us updated here.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:13 am

san2014 wrote:Hello @waiz89
I just want to ask if is this possible because I did a request to the HO but in general?
Would you mind to let me know please?

I really need to ask them for a specific case which is for my partner. He is been waiting for the answer nearly 1 year as he applied for naturalization :(

Thanks
Yes u can make such a request if u r legally representing ur partner otherwise ur partner himself can make a request.

san2014

Post by san2014 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:20 am

Thanks a lot u been very helpful

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:35 am

Thank you so much Waiz89k, I will request FOI and let's see what they come up with!

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:57 pm

I've realised If we are not able to wait in a queue far beyond the point that any sane person would reasonably do so, then we don't have what it takes to be British.

We are allowed to cough and look around, raising your eyebrows at other people in the queue, but not actually allowed to complain :mrgreen:

nowa
Newly Registered

my Naturalisation Application has been now 10 months

Post by nowa » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:18 pm

hi everyone,,,,
my application for Naturalization has been 10 months and not respond yet .
I've submitted my application on 09/06/14
HO received on 13//06/14
last month on 23/03/15 I have called my local MP to contact HO , and I have sent all the information they have requested but still not respond what am I supposed do now .
Can anyone gives me advise please
Many thanks

waiz89k

Re: my Naturalisation Application has been now 10 months

Post by waiz89k » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 pm

nowa wrote:hi everyone,,,,
my application for Naturalization has been 10 months and not respond yet .
I've submitted my application on 09/06/14
HO received on 13//06/14
last month on 23/03/15 I have called my local MP to contact HO , and I have sent all the information they have requested but still not respond what am I supposed do now .
Can anyone gives me advise please
Many thanks
Call HO and tell them that u want to talk to ur caseworker or senior manager, if not available ask them to arrange a call back for u. and when they call u back ask the reason of the delay.

Do update us here that did it work?