ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification Please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kenc

Clarification Please

Post by kenc » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:39 am

Hi Guys
I am about to submit an EEA4 application for my wife. Before I actually go ahead I would like clarification on a couple of points.

1. As I stated elsewhere on the forum, I am not going to submit the application on the new 132 page PR form. It was my intention to submit the application by letter but now thanks to a change of ruling and thanks to Hubba I believe that I am able to submit the application on an older version of the EEA4. Is there any restriction on what version of the EEA4 can be used?
One of the reasons for not using the new PR form is because of all the intrusive questions like where did we first meet, what language do we communicate in etc. We answered all those questions years ago when my wife got her ILE. Why aren't we still using her ILE? Due to our ignorance. It had an expiry date on it but no-one explained to us that date was simply the date the Visa had to be used by. If only we had known or someone had explained to us!! As it was we thought the Visa was invalid after that date. Stupid or what?!!

2. Due to the delay in issuing my wife's original Residence Card (EEA2) 5 years have already elapsed since we entered UK on a Family Permit but the Residence Card is valid until late August. Do we have to submit the (not yet expired) residence card when applying for PR with the EEA4? It might be useful if we decide to travel before PR is completed.

3. Biometics. My wife had her biometrics (Photograph of face and fingerprints) taken in Cyprus when she applied for the Family Visit Permit. Anyone know if these are likely to still be valid? Not only would it save a few quid but also a lot of hassle in travelling to a suitable Post Office (if there are any in Wales!!!).

Thanks for your kind attention. I will be very grateful for any info.

rosebead
Member of Standing

Re: Clarification Please

Post by rosebead » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:58 pm

Yes, it's perfectly acceptable to use the old form or even dispense with forms altogether and write a letter - see pages 7-8 of this Home Office guidance. However it would be a good idea to print out the pay section and the biometric section of the new form, and submit those with your application.

I do not know whether you will need to submit biometric information again if you have submitted it before, as it's still new and unknown. However, the biometric section of the new form does ask whether applicants have submitted biometrics previously, so presumably they won't ask you to submit them again if you have already (you hope).

If your EEA2 is in a current unexpired passport, you would have to submit the passport with your application anyway, wouldn't you? The EEA(PR) form mentions that if you already have a RC in biometric form, you must submit that with your application. The checklist in the form for Section 5 documents does mention RCs in general (presumably meaning the vignette type too) but I don't know if that means it's compulsory to return them.

kenc

Post by kenc » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:25 am

rosebead wrote:Yes, it's perfectly acceptable to use the old form or even dispense with forms altogether and write a letter - see pages 7-8 of this Home Office guidance. However it would be a good idea to print out the pay section and the biometric section of the new form, and submit those with your application.

I do not know whether you will need to submit biometric information again if you have submitted it before, as it's still new and unknown. However, the biometric section of the new form does ask whether applicants have submitted biometrics previously, so presumably they won't ask you to submit them again if you have already (you hope).

If your EEA2 is in a current unexpired passport, you would have to submit the passport with your application anyway, wouldn't you? The EEA(PR) form mentions that if you already have a RC in biometric form, you must submit that with your application. The checklist in the form for Section 5 documents does mention RCs in general (presumably meaning the vignette type too) but I don't know if that means it's compulsory to return them.
Thank you for that Rosebead.

haiman
Newly Registered

Post by haiman » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:07 pm

rosebead wrote:Yes, it's perfectly acceptable to use the old form or even dispense with forms altogether and write a letter - see pages 7-8 of this Home Office guidance. However it would be a good idea to print out the pay section and the biometric section of the new form, and submit those with your application.

hi i would like ur advice please.im non eea family member i applied for PR i sent 5 years employment history for both of us but unfortunately i did not send proof of address for the 5 years im worried will refuse my case???

kenc

Post by kenc » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:20 am

haiman wrote:

hi i would like ur advice please.im non eea family member i applied for PR i sent 5 years employment history for both of us but unfortunately i did not send proof of address for the 5 years im worried will refuse my case???
To Haiman

Please do not hijack my thread. Please create a new one.

aurora77

Post by aurora77 » Sat May 02, 2015 9:08 pm

After sending the application form, the HO will decide if your wife needs to have her biometrics taken again at a post office or not. If they decide she needs to, they will send you an invitation letter with a unique barcode.
kenc wrote:
haiman wrote:

To Haiman

Please do not hijack my thread. Please create a new one.