ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Post by Mauser1905 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:03 am

Mauser1905 wrote:Child: Settlement visa for Child of Settled/British Person

Application: VAF4A + Appendix A
Date of application : 5th Feb 2015
Applied at - VFS , Cochin
Email from BDHC Chennai stating that visa application received and shortly be considered by an ECO: 12th Feb 2015
Application under process :

Notes: Haven't subscribed for SMS service, hope emails will be automatically sent out whenever status changes! Looks like VFS do not provide online self service tracking with reference number from receipt.
Cant edit the original post so status update in red font in original quote above.
Remaining of the email message: "We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service) and settlement applications within 60 working days.

You will receive a further e-mail advising you of the outcome of your application
. "

field_test12
India

Post by field_test12 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:23 pm

honeykmb18 wrote:
field_test12 wrote:
honeykmb18 wrote:Does anyone know anything abt this I got this today
I applied for my visa on 15/1/2015

Thank you for your UK visa application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process Non Settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and Settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we may not be able to make a decision on your application within our customer service targets. We will continue to progress your application and make a decision as soon as possible.

We will notify you via e-mail once your application has been decided and despatched.
But the point here is,

You applied on 15/01/2015 and you are getting this email on 12 Feb 2015

Its strange?
U applied from delhi as well is it ?

I applied from Chennai on 12/01/2015, received email on 13th jan about application received, then after waiting. waiting....
But looking at the processing time for Chennai, it seems i would expect somewhere in end of Feb.

honeykmb18
Mood:
India

Post by honeykmb18 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:06 pm

Yea think I need to wait till that much time can't even track ourselves:(
Anyways let's see they give an email though it will take tym lets see how long they gonna take might be they have to many applications that's y they notify me !!
Keep us update if u get anything anyways :) thank u :)

honeykmb18
Mood:
India

Post by honeykmb18 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:56 pm

Any news guys :)
Abt ur spouse visa yet ?

ali-80
Newly Registered

Post by ali-80 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:37 am

honeykmb18 wrote:Any news guys :)
Abt ur spouse visa yet ?

No mate, still waiting

field_test12
India

Post by field_test12 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:33 pm

Hi Guys,

Just want to know how do we calculate the waiting time, In the last week settlement applications from Chennai was taking around 41 days, The week before it was 37 days.

SO i applied on 12 Jan 2015, So which one belongs to my application?

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:01 pm

field_test12 wrote:Hi Guys,

Just want to know how do we calculate the waiting time, In the last week settlement applications from Chennai was taking around 41 days, The week before it was 37 days.

SO i applied on 12 Jan 2015, So which one belongs to my application?
It should be the week that completed all the applications in that week and counting back to when these were applied. that's how you derive varying percentages. Thats how I see should be.

regards

honeykmb18
Mood:
India

Post by honeykmb18 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:12 am

U applied on 12 i did mine on 15 so hopefully our visa processing time will be the same :)
hopefully it should come by next month !! Can't wait

farhat2000khan
Newly Registered

Post by farhat2000khan » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:22 am

Thank you for your UK visa application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process Non Settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and Settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we may not be able to make a decision on your application within our customer service targets. We will continue to progress your application and make a decision as soon as possible.

We will notify you via e-mail once your application has been decided and despatched.

Hi
i have recieved a similar email twice one after 10 days of submission and then again after 10 days
i applied on 10/01/2015 at delhi
dont know whats not straight foward as i think i submitted everything in guidance

honeykmb18
Mood:
India

Post by honeykmb18 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:32 pm

I know. Mate i hired a lawyer he said all papers R correct and he told me that my application is very straight forward so I won't have any issue but still taking ages though to get my visa done !!
But I just got that mail only once though but u got it twice Dnt know y !i think u must have emailed them in regards to Ur application that's y they send u that email to calm U down probably

honeykmb18
Mood:
India

Post by honeykmb18 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:01 pm

Any news guys :)

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:10 pm

Here it goes:

Chennai BDHC Settlement timeline for week ending 27th Feb= 43days

and to rub salt on Chennai applicant's faces:
Mumbai BDHC has now 4 days for settlement applications

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/pdf/We ... 280215.pdf

Keep Calm and Wait On.

iconavdeep

Post by iconavdeep » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:15 am

Hi All

Members who has applied to Chennai BHC for settlement visa pls send

email at complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to address the delay in processing of application.

sample email can be found at below link:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 30-60.html

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1154299

honeykmb18
Mood:
India

Post by honeykmb18 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:54 am

Does anyone know anything abt this I got this today

Hi just a question who ever got this email did homeoffice gave a reference number on it as I have heard who gets that reference no with it means U probably get the visa ! Is it true or just a myth ?

field_test12
India

Post by field_test12 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:11 am

Hi just a question who ever got this email did homeoffice gave a reference number on it as I have heard who gets that reference no with it means U probably get the visa ! Is it true or just a myth ?

You already posted this on 12 Feb, Did you receive this email again.

This might be automated response on emailing them for progress.

honeykmb18
Mood:
India

Post by honeykmb18 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:26 pm

No I didn't got another message just wanted to ask did u guys got reference number with it attached to that mail ?

field_test12
India

Post by field_test12 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:09 pm

iconavdeep wrote:Hi All

Members who has applied to Chennai BHC for settlement visa pls send

email at complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to address the delay in processing of application.

sample email can be found at below link:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 30-60.html

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1154299
I have done it today, Thanks for sample emails.

gbhsmp

Re:

Post by gbhsmp » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:14 pm

fbacker wrote:Hi Ejaz,

She gave IELTS exam. Though she did her MBA, the guidelines said that they will look only at the Bachelors degree and the points calculator showed up '0' points for english Language requirement.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

Perferred giving tests because the NARIC accreditation takes more than 15 days if you submit degree certificate + a letter from university stating that the medium of instruction was english.

Hope this helps
Cant you do with the "degree taught in english" letter from the university and the degree ? I think that is still allowed from what I read ? or am I wrong ?

piya786
Newly Registered

Post by piya786 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:28 am

Hi Guys,

Anyone received any updates yet?

manish1980
Newly Registered

Post by manish1980 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:23 pm

Hello Every One,
Could you please help.
Filled up online application for settlement visa for my wife and 7 yrs daughter. My wife travelled to UK earlier once. Now i have British citizenship.
While booking slots, home office website is showing options like FAST TRACK.
my question is -
1) Can we choose FAST TRACK for settlement visas?
2) How to pay money for FAST TRACK separately, as home office website is showing following msg.
Important information: there is an additional fee associated with this appointment type. You must pay this fee before you attend the Visa Application Centre on the VFS website at www.vfsglobal.co.uk/global. Failure to do so will invalidate your appointment.

I am applying from Banglore for Chennai BHC

Please advise immediately..
Thank you.
Manish

ali-80
Newly Registered

Post by ali-80 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:08 pm

Hello friends
My wife got her settlement visa today, much relieved and so happy, i wish and pray for all thise waiting to get through.

Sac10
Newly Registered

Post by Sac10 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:56 am

Hello All please see the below email sent to the below mentioned email ids

complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk Chennai.visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am complaining about rampant inefficiency in processing of Settlement VISA by below team.

I will send another email under Freedom of Information Act explaining justification of 60 days SLA.

The Chennai team, as per the weekly report, is taking an average of 40 working days to process applications in contrast to other centres, like Mumbai, which are taking less than 10 days.
I am concerned at the level of disparity within the BDHC service standards. Yes, it is still under the target of 60 working days and we all agree that the maximum SLA defined for a settlement visa is 60 working days. Which itself is punishment for the settlement applicant, considering all other categories of visa has a SLA of just 15 days. However, the issue is why there is no interaction between the regional BDHC's to manage the work load and bring more parity amongst the BDHC's in India?

The mandate of any organisation should be to finish their task in more a efficient and productive way rather than just meet the max SLA prescribed.

The maximum SLA should be for the most complicated cases and not should be taken as norm - instead it should be exception.
As a fee paying service I am shocked because we have applied for a Settlement Visa at Chennai, so we have to wait for then 40 days. Whereas if we had chosen to apply at Mumbai BDHC we would have received decision in less than 10 working days.

Can you please kindly advise if Chennai applications will be brought to par with Mumbai service standards in regards to timelines for settlement applications? Can I kindly request you to investigate into this sorry state of affairs of this centre and address its shortcoming so that future applicants should not go through the same pain?

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:32 am

Mauser1905 wrote:Child: Settlement visa for Child of Settled/British Person

Application: VAF4A + Appendix A
Date of application : 5th Feb 2015
Applied at - VFS , Cochin
Application under process :
Email of Decision: 15/04/2015
Email from VFS of dispatch: 15/04/2015
Passport received by Courier: 17/04/2015

Settlement visa to join parents granted for 4 years and 17 days.

Note: The Blue Dart courier tracking number is the number part of the application reference number, means numbers excluding GWF. If starts with 0 then exclude that as well.

NETT 50 WORKING DAYS
Good luck to all waiting for their decisions.

Notes: Haven't subscribed for SMS service, hope emails will be automatically sent out whenever status changes! Looks like VFS do not provide online self service tracking with reference number from receipt.

agupta77
Newly Registered

Post by agupta77 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:51 pm

Hi,

I applied for my wife's settlement visa on 12 March 2015.
We received email to send original degree certificate on 31 March 2015. We submitted the original document. On 22 April 2015 we receive another email asking to submit full tax year bank statement as per financial year stated in the ct600 document.
We've submitted this as well.

Is this normal for asking documents twice after 15 days? I would expect that the Eco would send one email asking for all additional documents. I was hoping all the documents were accepted after the first email except for the original degree certificate.

Anybody else had this kind of experience ?

krishnakps25
Newly Registered

Re: Settlement visa application from India - 2015

Post by krishnakps25 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:54 am

Hello My timeline is given below.

Visa type : Settlement
Date of application : 03/03/2015
ECO requesting document : 15/04/2015

The document requested was my NARIC statement of compariability which i have sent them .

Any idea if this would be a positive outcome because they asked me only for one document.

We are unable to proceed with your application under the Settlement category at this time as we require further evidence which demonstrates you meet all the requirements.

In order to proceed with your application we require the following document(s) within the next 10 calendar days

(1) UK NARIC letter confirming xxxxx
If we do not receive the documents by the date noted above a decision will be made on your application.