ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Promotion under Tier 2 general

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Eagle123

Promotion under Tier 2 general

Post by Eagle123 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:56 am

Dear All,

I would really appreciate your help on following situation.

My current Tier 2 leave to remain is valid till December 2016. I have been offered a new position within the same company. My current title is Language Editor and I have been offered new title Social Media Community Manager. In order for my new position to stay within the same SOC code (2471) my company is ready to change new title to Social Media Community Editor. Would it be OK to sign new contract with this title in order to avoid Labour Market Test and new application OR safe option would be to apply for new leave to remain under new SOC code (2472)? Will my sponsor need to notify Home Office about my promotion?

Many thanks,

Daria

justdopposite

Re: Promotion under Tier 2 general

Post by justdopposite » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:08 am

LMT becomes mandatory if there is a change in your SOC even if its within the same company. Hence you'll be required to apply for a new leave to remain /T2 visa

Eagle123

Post by Eagle123 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:58 am

But if there is no change in SOC code and I still will hold editor's title, would I need to apply for new Tier 2? There is a possibility to stay with editor's title.

Thanks

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:02 pm

well then I guess its just between you and your employer. Salary hike is fine and if your job title does not change officially you probably don't have to worry about anything.

Eagle123

Post by Eagle123 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:44 pm

Thank you very much for your help.