ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nowa
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by nowa » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:26 am

hi,,,
I have sent a letter to HO immediately after 6 months and I received a letter from HO says we're dealing with the application and will inform you of our decision in due course .That was in December 2014 .
and then I called HO in January 2015 several times , and they replied in writing said unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within 6 month target .
Following recent clarification of the Nationality rules greater levels of scrutiny will be applied to certain application .
We expect to make a decision on your application within the next 3-6 months . That's exactly what was written on the letter in February 2015 .
you can see the different between the first letter said in due course and second within 3-6 months .
I don't know why they have changed .
and you said call the HO and speak to casework you know this is not allowed .
I'm really stressed because it takes so long and even my local MP has done nothing for me .

san2014

Post by san2014 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:04 pm

Hi Nowa
Am sorry as I understand your situation :(

My partner is in the same situation will be 1 year since he applied in 9 May 2014
We contacted the HO by email, by letter from the solicitor and also from MP.
After a week (6 February) we received a letter with the same answer 3-6 months.
Now he is worried as he said I can't contact them again because they might be angry and say sth else :(

Frankly he don't know what to do :(

nowa
Newly Registered

Post by nowa » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:02 pm

hi san2014,,,,
thank you for your sympathy and your respond regarding this matter .
I have received my letter on 3th of Feb 2015 , three days before yours .
I think we can do thing the only option we have is waiting .
Many thanks again

ibzo

Post by ibzo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:06 am

Hi guys,

When you apply for naturalisation and do it through nationality checking service, do they send your passport or do they return it back to you?
If they return it back to you, can i apply on 9 may (as I'm travelling for a month after that) though would only complete 3 years on 14 may?

Thanks
Last edited by ibzo on Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ibzo

Post by ibzo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:16 am

Sorry, just to clarify. Will the NCS scan my passport and brp and return them to me without sending the originals?
Also, since i will apply a few days before i complete the 3 years required, can i get the check and send to delay my application, or get them to check it and return it to me and i can get a friend to send it post 14 may.

Thanks

ibzo

Post by ibzo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:19 am

ibzo wrote:Sorry, just to clarify. Will the NCS scan my passport and brp and return them to me without sending the originals?
Also, since i will apply a few days before i complete the 3 years required, can i get the check and send to delay my application, or get them to check it and return it to me and i can get a friend to send it post 14 may.

Thanks
For those who may be interested, i called the NCS today and they affirmed that I cannot get them to certify the form and documents prior to completing the 3 years as I will need to show evidence of presence during the 3 years prior to application and they certify that through scanning pages of my passport so cannot certify it unless 3 years are complete.

bintajammeh
Newly Registered

Post by bintajammeh » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:34 pm

I HAVE APPLIED FOR NATURALISATION FOR CITIZENSHIP YESTERDAY THE 16TH OF APRIL 2015 VIA NCS. AM A BIT WORRIED OF MY APPLICATION BECAUSE I ENTERED THE UK WITH A VISA BUT THEN CLAIM ASYLUM BUT THEN I WAS ILLEGAL FOR FEW MONTNS BEFORE I GOT LEAVE TO REMAIN FOR 5YRS.WILL THAT HAVE ANY IMPACT ON MY APPLICATION? AM NEW TO THE SITE PLEASE.MANY THANKS

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:40 am

Have you previously applied for Indefinite Leave to Remain? Form SET(LR)? What was your status before you applied for Form AN?

I applied via Nationality Checking Service yesterday.
bintajammeh wrote:I HAVE APPLIED FOR NATURALISATION FOR CITIZENSHIP YESTERDAY THE 16TH OF APRIL 2015 VIA NCS. AM A BIT WORRIED OF MY APPLICATION BECAUSE I ENTERED THE UK WITH A VISA BUT THEN CLAIM ASYLUM BUT THEN I WAS ILLEGAL FOR FEW MONTNS BEFORE I GOT LEAVE TO REMAIN FOR 5YRS.WILL THAT HAVE ANY IMPACT ON MY APPLICATION? AM NEW TO THE SITE PLEASE.MANY THANKS

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:45 am

NCS will scan all passports and BRP and docs.

I applied yesterday and they gave my passport and BRP back after checking. You are allowed to travel.
ibzo wrote:Hi guys,

When you apply for naturalisation and do it through nationality checking service, do they send your passport or do they return it back to you?
If they return it back to you, can i apply on 9 may (as I'm travelling for a month after that) though would only complete 3 years on 14 may?

Thanks

nowa
Newly Registered

Post by nowa » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:56 pm

Hi,,,
I have contacted the HO today and I've told them I wanna speak to my caseworker they took my number and will call me back but I don't know if that going to affect my application as I was told before do not contact the HO .
My application has now been more than 10 months and still going on .
any advice please
many thanks

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:05 pm

nowa wrote:Hi,,,
I have contacted the HO today and I've told them I wanna speak to my caseworker they took my number and will call me back but I don't know if that going to affect my application as I was told before do not contact the HO .
My application has now been more than 10 months and still going on .
any advice please
many thanks
It is ur right to know the status of ur application if its over 6 months. Now atleast ur case worker will call u hopefully within 48 hours and will update u the correct status and it may or may not expedite the process.

Keep in mind whenever u receive a call do ask them all the relevant questions, dont regret later that u should've asked this n that. So keep all ur questions ready which needs to be answered by ur case worker.
Best of luck..

nowa
Newly Registered

Post by nowa » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:55 pm

thanks for your advice .
I thought I have to be a bit harsh because it takes so long and I have no problems and I believe that my application straightforward .
can you give me some tips ?
what should I ask ,and what should I not .
Many thanks

san2014

Post by san2014 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:48 pm

Hi nowa,

Best of luck,

Would u mind to keep us updated after you speak with them HO please?

Good luck

raja935
Newly Registered

Post by raja935 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:00 am

Dear Helpful Team,

I will be applying next week and need advise to complete the AN application form please.

1.22 I have MSC Degree from a U.K. University and received my ILR April last year, hence I believe I should only tick on “I met the knowledge…… on or after 28th October 2013” and leave the other boxes untick. Is that correct?
2.1 Date and place of first arrival in the U.K.: I came to U.K. more than 10 years ago as a student but applying for naturalization as Tier 1 (General) 5 years + 1 year ILR. What date should I put in year? Date when I first came in the U.K. or date when my original Tier 1 was approved (6 years back) or a date 5 years back from the application date?
3.1 What do I write in the occupation, the job title or something else?
3.5 What is Tax Office reference, do I have to complete it? As far as I know the local Tax Office has closed.
5: Can I use the same two person as referee who has signed last year in my child’s registration MN1 form? Is that an issue?
6.16 and 6.17: I am enclosing the BRP card, do I still have to tick and sign in column 6.16 and 6.17?
7.5: Since only I am applying (not with spouse), guess I should not tick this column.
7.7: How do I delete the 7.7?

Appreciate your kind advise please.

Thank You.

nowa
Newly Registered

Post by nowa » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:10 am

Hi everyone,,,,,
The HO has just rung me now and I was told that the decision has been made on my application for Naturalization .
But he didn't say what the decision is ? says I will receive a letter within 3-5 days ,I can't wait ,and I'm scared now about the decision .
Please any advice .
many thanks

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:44 am

Based on what I have put:

1.22 - I did my BSc in the UK, graduated back in 2011 and received my IRL January 2014. You need the Life Test and the certificate as far as I know. You wouldn't need to convert to the silly UKNARIC. I didn't do an English test. My case worker from the NCS said it was fine.
2.1 - I put down from the first date I arrived 5 years ago, although technically I arrived 10 years ago.
3.1 - Your position e.g. Doctor, accountant etc.
3.5 - I didn't have a Tax office reference. You should include your P60 form if you have one. Basically I think they want you to show you have contribute tax to the UK.
5 - I don't see this as a problem
6.16 - Yes, you have to sign
7.5 - Leave this blank if you are only applying for yourself
7.7 - Leave blank

I suggest you to use NCS, they are a bit expensive, £75, but they go through your docs and scan all your pages and BRP. You can still travel whilst your application is being decided.

Any question, please ask.
raja935 wrote:Dear Helpful Team,

I will be applying next week and need advise to complete the AN application form please.

1.22 I have MSC Degree from a U.K. University and received my ILR April last year, hence I believe I should only tick on “I met the knowledge…… on or after 28th October 2013” and leave the other boxes untick. Is that correct?
2.1 Date and place of first arrival in the U.K.: I came to U.K. more than 10 years ago as a student but applying for naturalization as Tier 1 (General) 5 years + 1 year ILR. What date should I put in year? Date when I first came in the U.K. or date when my original Tier 1 was approved (6 years back) or a date 5 years back from the application date?
3.5 What is Tax Office reference, do I have to complete it? As far as I know the local Tax Office has closed.
5: Can I use the same two person as referee who has signed last year in my child’s registration MN1 form? Is that an issue?
6.16 and 6.17: I am enclosing the BRP card, do I still have to tick and sign in column 6.16 and 6.17?
7.5: Since only I am applying (not with spouse), guess I should not tick this column.

Thank You.

san2014

Post by san2014 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:24 am

Hi Nowa,
Good luck
Thanks letting us know,

I will call them too

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:44 pm

can anyone give me the contact number please?
thanks

raja935
Newly Registered

Post by raja935 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:29 pm

Thank you for the advise.

So to clarify my understanding, in the question 2.1 I put a date 5 years ago or 6 years? I mean should I not put the date when I first received my Tier 1 in 2009?

Also, the question on 5 years address in the U.K. on 1.17, do I start with the current address (and duration) as provided in 1.16 or only the addresses previously lived. I am not sure whether duration of stay in the current address needs to be inserted in 1.17.

Yes, I have got an appointment with the local NCS tomorrow, appreciate your prompt advise once again on the above questions please.

Thank you.
ppycrmt wrote:Based on what I have put:

1.22 - I did my BSc in the UK, graduated back in 2011 and received my IRL January 2014. You need the Life Test and the certificate as far as I know. You wouldn't need to convert to the silly UKNARIC. I didn't do an English test. My case worker from the NCS said it was fine.
2.1 - I put down from the first date I arrived 5 years ago, although technically I arrived 10 years ago.
3.5 - I didn't have a Tax office reference. You should include your P60 form if you have one. Basically I think they want you to show you have contribute tax to the UK.
7.7 - Leave blank

I suggest you to use NCS, they are a bit expensive, £75, but they go through your docs and scan all your pages and BRP. You can still travel whilst your application is being decided.

Thank You.

Tats147
Newly Registered

Post by Tats147 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:01 pm

Hi All

I plan to apply for citizenship this week. I am filling in the form and have few questions.

Can't use NCS. Rang them and they said that don't have any appointments any time soon.

So my questions are

1.17 addresses for last 5 years.
I am applying on the basis married to BC+ 1 ILR. I moved to UK in 2011, so it's almost 4 yrs. Do i put only UK addresses? Or do i put also my last address in my home country to make sure that addresses are for last 5 not 4 years?

5. Refereees and Identity
Do i glue my photo in the box provided?

6. Biometric enrolment
Do i need to fill in 6.12-6.17 if i include my BRP?
Question 6.1. I tick Yes - I include my BRP and it tells me go 6.2.
Only if you say NO for 6.1 it asks you to fill in 6.12.

Thank you for any help and assistance.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:06 am

nowa wrote:Hi everyone,,,,,
The HO has just rung me now and I was told that the decision has been made on my application for Naturalization .
But he didn't say what the decision is ? says I will receive a letter within 3-5 days ,I can't wait ,and I'm scared now about the decision .
Please any advice .
many thanks
Best of luck Nowa and it will be positive dont worry n be happy, please keep us updated.

san2014

Post by san2014 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:00 am

Hi everyone,

I need some advice please.

What should you do if you get Naturalization application refused please ??
(Not for criminal record)

Thanks in advance

nowa
Newly Registered

Post by nowa » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:58 pm

Hi everyone,,,,,,
I have received the approval letter form the HO today .
Best of Luck to everyone

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:29 pm

nowa wrote:Hi everyone,,,,,,
I have received the approval letter form the HO today .
Best of Luck to everyone
Congratulations Nowa! I'm startled that HO didn't tell you the decision over the phone.

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:25 pm

Sorry for the delayed reply, I just saw this.

It doesn't matter as long as it covers the full 5 years up until the application date.

The addresses should be the ones you have previously lived. But clearly state the dates.

Good luck!
raja935 wrote:Thank you for the advise.

So to clarify my understanding, in the question 2.1 I put a date 5 years ago or 6 years? I mean should I not put the date when I first received my Tier 1 in 2009?

Also, the question on 5 years address in the U.K. on 1.17, do I start with the current address (and duration) as provided in 1.16 or only the addresses previously lived. I am not sure whether duration of stay in the current address needs to be inserted in 1.17.

Yes, I have got an appointment with the local NCS tomorrow, appreciate your prompt advise once again on the above questions please.

Thank you.
ppycrmt wrote:Based on what I have put:

7.7 - Leave blank

Thank You.