ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancee Visa Query - Proof of accommodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

am2999
Newly Registered

Fiancee Visa Query - Proof of accommodation

Post by am2999 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:32 pm

Hi,
I would just like some advice on making an application for a Fiancee Visa for my girlfriend to come here next year.

We have been together for 3 years and have ample proof of our relationship and the financial support side of things. The only thing we are concerned about is the proof of accommodation.

As I currently live with my father the situation is complicated by the fact he neither owns nor rents the property. It is what is called a 'bede house'...which is a property put in trust for old or ill people in the village to use. The trustees have given me permission to stay here free of charge whilst looking after my father and helping him but aren't prepared to give permission for my girlfriend to come here and stay too...which is fair enough I guess.

We intend to rent an apartment for us to both stay together in but I was wondering if it is ok if I just have a tenancy agreement and we apply before I actually move into the apartment? Obviously I'd prefer not to pay maybe 3 months rent for nothing before my girlfriend gets the visa and intend to try and find a property where I can sign an agreement and then move in later when the property is available.

That's basically the situation and I'd be grateful for any ideas relating to this. I was also wondering if I do actually need to be living in the property where we will stay when we make the application, what kind of other proof we need besides the tenancy agreement...any ideas? I think maybe we need utility bills...things like that...but would just 1 months be enough? Also...do you think if I explained the whole situation in a letter they would understand?

Ok...I'll look forward to any ideas and replies. Thanks to all in anticipation.

Andrew -am2999

topazstar

Accommodation

Post by topazstar » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:55 pm

Hi Andrew

I am thinking that you are correct, in that as long as you have a Tenancy Agreement and explain the situation in a letter, this should be acceptable. Normally you would need to include 3 month's utility bills but you can explain this. As long as you have the tenancy agreement ready to go, then I see no need to explain about your father. The ECO is just looking for evidence that u have somewhere permanent to live and that you can afford the rent. You may also wish to include a budget showing income and outgoings, inc. the rental that you will be paying once your girlfriend is with you, proving that you have sufficient to live on.
If you can provide one months utility bills, rather than the 3 months usual, then I am sure this will help further.
Hope this helps.....will be interesting to hear others opinions.

vinny

Accommodation

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:42 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.