ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I got my Residence card today!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yankeegirl

I got my Residence card today!

Post by yankeegirl » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:58 am

There have been quite a few people that have posted that applying for EEA1/EEA2 together seems to speed up the process for the non-EU national. I just wanted to say that was the case for me as well.

Sept 1- Posted the EEA1/EEA2 applications
Sept 6- Home Office sent confitmation letter
Sept 25- Home Office issued Registration Certificate/ Residence Card
Oct 1- Receive passports/documentation back from the Home Office.

Docterror

Post by Docterror » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:48 am

yankeegirl, congrats! Have all documents filed up properly for the next step-PR!
Jabi

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:55 am

yankeegirl, congrats! Have all documents filed up properly for the next step-PR!
Thanks! I've saved everything from the first time I set foot on this island lol. Although, I didn't send much for the EEA2 application. 3 months of hubby's payslips and our marriage certificate and the passports and that was it.

What I'm REALLY hoping for (although I know it's a pipe dream) is that the Irish get their shit together and the processing time for naturalization goes down. I'll be eligible to apply in 2 1/2 years and it would be great to have that and not have to bother applying for PR. Knowing how they are though the processing time will probably be five years by the time I can apply :lol:

Assad
Newly Registered

Post by Assad » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:36 pm

congrats yankee girl!!!

did you apply near the expiry of your visa or a lot earlier?

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:38 pm

I sent mine in the day before the family permit expired; I had an appointment to get a national insurance number shortly before that so I needed my passport. But, you can send in the EEA2 application anytime after entering the UK.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:58 am

yankeegirl wrote:What I'm REALLY hoping for (although I know it's a pipe dream) is that the Irish get their shit together and the processing time for naturalization goes down. I'll be eligible to apply in 2 1/2 years and it would be great to have that and not have to bother applying for PR. Knowing how they are though the processing time will probably be five years by the time I can apply :lol:
You get PR automatically on the EEA route after 5 years, ie you don't need to apply for it.

Do you mean British citizenship?

Assad
Newly Registered

Post by Assad » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:19 am

yankeegirl wrote:I sent mine in the day before the family permit expired; I had an appointment to get a national insurance number shortly before that so I needed my passport. But, you can send in the EEA2 application anytime after entering the UK.
i read somewhere on here that if you send it earlier, it gets processed only after the expiry date!! is that true?

plus when you sent your forms; did you write EEA 1, EEA2 or Both on the envelop?

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:45 am

No, that's def. not true. My Wifes EEA FP was valid from the 1st of July 2007 to the 1st of January 2008.

We sent in the EEA1 and EEA2 on the 6th of July, straight after we sent foot into the UK, and we got the Residence Card for me and the Residence permit for my wife within less then 2 months.

clairey

Post by clairey » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:38 am

Congrats Yankeegirl!! :D

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:28 am

Congrats Yankeegirl!!

barb78
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by barb78 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:23 pm

That's great, we are going to do exactly the same, I just have to pick up the translated copy of our marriage certificate and hopefully tomorrow we will sent everything out!

Just one question: did you send both EEA1 and EEA2 forms in the same envelope?

Thanks

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:34 pm

Yeah I put both applications, passports and supporting documents in the same envelope and marked it EEA1.

Platinum

Post by Platinum » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:43 pm

Congratulationss, Yankeegirl!

We are actually going to move to the UK this weekend. Eek. I've got a job to start and everything, and need my passport, so won't be applying for residency for a bit. Hope it goes as well as yours!

(Although, since my husband is a UK citizen moving back from another EU state and we are using the Surinder Singh rule, there's no need for my husband to file the EEA1 for his residency, so I wonder if that means it'll take longer?)