ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

na2316

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by na2316 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:38 am

help needed..gurus..senior members...

I have got citizenship and passport followwing Tier1 route.

my wife came here after june 2012 so 5 year route applied to her at the time.

she extended her tier1 dependent visa... which now expires in 2017...even then she will be short of 5 years.

Question

as i got british passort now.... can she aplly for british nationality and passort as she has been here 2.5 years... Or she needs to further extend her current tir 1dependent visa when it expires in 2017.

PLEASE advise what are Options for her now..

Thanks in advance

Makebelieve
Newly Registered

Post by Makebelieve » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:11 am

Application Timeline 30.03.2015
Eligibility criteria: (5+ 3 yrs ILR)
Method of application: Postal
Date of receipt by UKBA: 31.03.2015 (Tracking)
Date of debit of fees: 24.04.2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 24.04.2015 letter dated 20.04.2015
Date of receipt of approval: waiting
Date of Ceremony:waiting

khurrum_khan123

Post by khurrum_khan123 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:02 am

na2316 wrote:help needed..gurus..senior members...

she extended her tier1 dependent visa... which now expires in 2017...even then she will be short of 5 years.

Question

as i got british passort now.... can she aplly for british nationality and passort as she has been here 2.5 years... Or she needs to further extend her current tir 1dependent visa when it expires in 2017.

Thanks in advance
i am in same situation.....you wife will have to apply for ILR in 2017 once she completes 5 years residence in the UK....1 year after ILR she can apply for UK Nationality

khurrum_khan123

Post by khurrum_khan123 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:03 am

khurrum_khan123 wrote:

Question

Thanks in advance
i am in same situation.....you wife will have to apply for ILR in 2017 once she completes 5 years residence in the UK....1 year after ILR she can apply for UK Nationality
your wife will have to apply for extensions as tier 1 dependent untill she completes her 5 years before she applies for ILR in the UK

charlesjames
Newly Registered

Post by charlesjames » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:04 am

khurrum_khan123 wrote:
khurrum_khan123 wrote:

Question

Thanks in advance
your wife will have to apply for extensions as tier 1 dependent untill she completes her 5 years before she applies for ILR in the UK
I think you should take advice from immigration lawyer if your spouse is not going to be qualified for an ILR/Citizenship by the time the current Tier 1 limit ends, as from 6th April 2015 (as far as I know) all Tier 1 extensions are closed. See:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_2015.pdf

PAK321

Post by PAK321 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:21 am

sach10 wrote:By Gods Grace
With the help of this forum finally my Naturalization application approved
Waiting game over, patience testing finished
Cat:10yrs long residence+1.5yrs ILR
Application: AN+MN
Council checking service---Hackney
Date Applied: 05/11/14
Date of ack: 24/11/14
Date of Approval: 09.04.2015
Date Received: 24.04.2015
Ceremony book date: waiting....

Special thanks for this forum and members who given advice to me and best of luck to rest the people who is waiting
Congratulations sach10, well done

PAK321

Post by PAK321 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:32 am

="charlesjames"]
khurrum_khan123 wrote:
khurrum_khan123 wrote:help needed..gurus..senior members...

Question

Thanks in advance

In my understanding spouse/dependants will have to apply for extension as soon as his/her partner's visa expire or category change. For example If your partners status will change from ILR to British citizen than she/he will have to apply as a dependant of British Citizen not the remain Tier 1 dependant.
Correct me if i am wrong

khurrum_khan123

Post by khurrum_khan123 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:53 am

PAK321 wrote:="charlesjames"]
khurrum_khan123 wrote:
khurrum_khan123 wrote:help needed..gurus..senior members...

Question

Thanks in advance

In my understanding spouse/dependants will have to apply for extension as soon as his/her partner's visa expire or category change. For example If your partners status will change from ILR to British citizen than she/he will have to apply as a dependant of British Citizen not the remain Tier 1 dependant.
Correct me if i am wrong

i rang and checked with home office when i got my ILR last year and home office confirmed to me that my wife can either switch to FLR(M) or even can apply for extension under Tier 1 dependent untill she completes her 5 years to qualify for ILR.................i prefered to extend her stay as Tier 1 dependent.....i spoke to Home office again last month and they said my wife can still apply for extension under tier 1 to complete her 5 years to qualify for ILR as she will need an extension of 1 year to qualify for ILR....

na2316

Post by na2316 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:18 pm

i was on ILR last year (got ILR after 5years on tier 1) but i got the British citizenship now after 1 year on ILR.

my wife is still on tier 1 dependent visa which will expire in 2017...when she will need ONE more ext on tier 1 dependent visa...to complete 5years to qualify for ILR..correct?

what are the best OPTIONS...as i am british citizen now

... should she wait till 2017 when her tier 1 dependent visa expire ...AND apply for another tier 1 dependent visa extension....???

... Or is there any other option??

thanks

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:13 pm

na2316 wrote:i was on ILR last year (got ILR after 5years on tier 1) but i got the British citizenship now after 1 year on ILR.

my wife is still on tier 1 dependent visa which will expire in 2017...when she will need ONE more ext on tier 1 dependent visa...to complete 5years to qualify for ILR..correct?

what are the best OPTIONS...as i am british citizen now

... should she wait till 2017 when her tier 1 dependent visa expire ...AND apply for another tier 1 dependent visa extension....???

... Or is there any other option??

thanks
you are posting in the wrong thread. For better advice post in the related thread as this is for citizenship timelines.

na2316

Post by na2316 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:48 pm

please advise re above

n2legos
Newly Registered

Post by n2legos » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:32 am

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS (Carlisle)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 2 April 2015
Date of debit of fees: 21 April 2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 25 April 2015
Date of receipt of approval: waiting
Date of Ceremony: waiting

Note: This is for two application forms; Spouse also applied at same time, same NCS appointment. So far, they are treating us together with one letter of acknowledgement to include both of us.

Klogie
Newly Registered

Post by Klogie » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:43 pm

Klogie wrote:Eligibility criteria: EEA National, 10 yrs + married to UK National; UK Hons Degree,
Method of application: NCS South Lanarkshire
Date of receipt by UKBA: 31/03/2015
Date of debit of fees: 16/04/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Received Saturday 25/04/2015 dated Thursday 16/04/2015
Date of receipt of approval: Awaiting
Date of Ceremony: Awaiting

benson147
Newly Registered

Post by benson147 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:07 pm

junk2014 wrote:
captainus83 wrote:Waiting Since 20th Feb 2015 -
1.5 years Tier2 + 3.5 Years Tier 1 + 1 Year ILR
LIfe in UK + Degree Taught in English

I Applied via NCS Reading -
Date Applied - 20-02-2015
Date Acknowledgment letter - 28-02-2015 ( dated 26-02-2015)
Date Approval Letter -
Date Ceremony -

My case has been very straight forward and still haven't received Approval. They also did a mistake and sent my Ack letter to wrong address (on same post code there are flats and building but they always (my son application) do same mistake and send it to flat). I purposefully put down a note in the application with help of NCS guy to make sure they send it to right address but they didn't. so i called them to update the address. two weeks later, received a call and the guy on the phone confirmed he has the right address and he will make sure this time communication will be sent to right address ( but can you believe?)

I dont get what is up with them and why they are taking so long. I have plans to fly US this summer and i was counting on this. is anyone facing unnecessary delays who applied same time? I saw some post who received in 14-21 days , applied same time or little after.
Captainus83,
If they acknowledged receipt on the 26 Feb, then they have until 26 Aug (6 months) before it would be classed as being late. Even without British citizenship, if you have another passport then I imagine that you could travel on that. If you don't and are planning on getting a British passport then you would need to allow at least another 6 weeks on top of that. You could be looking at end of Sept without either process being termed late.
Just be patient for 6months before you start getting upset my friend, i had to wait for 8months and my case was straight forward, but as i write you i have my british passport, so i will advice you just keep your mind off it and wait for the brown envelope.

rajo1

Post by rajo1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:28 am

You are so hasty my friend, your application is only 3 months old and you already started to complain, I have been waiting 6 months and ten days since my application was approved, I hope that they will send you as you are anticipating, but don't wait any decision until August this year, it can take over six months sometimes and they can add up another six months which will take you February next year.

So be patient, you are moaning a very early time.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by huqqapani » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:29 pm

huqqapani wrote:APPROVED :D

Eligibility Criteria: 10 Long residence + 1 year ILR
Language Criteria Met: Life in UK + UK University certificate
Method of Application: NCS (Carlton, Notts)
Date of Application: 3rd December 2014
Date of Receipt by Home Office: Waiting
Date of Debit of Fees: Credit Card - 11/12/2014
Date of Receipt of Acknowledgement: 17/12/2014
Date of Receipt of Approval: 18/04/2015 (Letter dated 15/04/2015)
Date of Ceremony: 02/06/15 (public)

Time Taken: 4 months 18 days roughly
HO requested my passport mid March 2015 for the duration covering from 2009 till 2011. Posted it right away.
Best of luck to all December 2014 applicants as these seems to be coming through now.

mykarl123
Newly Registered

Post by mykarl123 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:42 pm

I am a regular reader of this board. It has kept me going and sane. am of Somali nationality I applied for BC in July 2014. The bank balance dropped almostb immediately and I received ack letter shortly after that. I received the rude template format of a letter that most of us received, asking to wait another three to six months s Whilst I know a few people who received the same and now have received their approvals I thought I will wait. Two weeks ago I received a letter asking me to send my two travel documents. I sent them two weeks today (27th) with a self addressed secured envelope. This was sent to me with a self addressed return envelope and my HO reference number.. Has anyone else been through this kind of a thing. My congratulations to all those who have received their approvals especially may June July 2014 cases

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:55 pm

Hi there,
I was waiting since mid February last year now I am running in 15 month no decision has been taken for the reason of discrimination because we are a third category human in the uk as refugee. The home office willing to investigation for possible involvement of war crime. But they didn't discovered any involvement that is why they still delaying any application through refugee route immigration history. Any way there is very little chance for refugees to succeeded their naturalisation from the fascist and dearly beloved present Government. Their is publicly thought of anti immigration in uk. I hope if the labour win the election then will be much chances but no chance from the Tories.
We are still looking for any possible way to highlights the issues but print media as well anti immigration and un independent.
Let's see the next Govt. What they can do for us.
Best wishes.
Babe khyber

Notjustok
Newly Registered

Post by Notjustok » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:58 pm

mykarl123 wrote:I am a regular reader of this board. It has kept me going and sane. am of Somali nationality I applied for BC in July 2014. The bank balance dropped almostb immediately and I received ack letter shortly after that. I received the rude template format of a letter that most of us received, asking to wait another three to six months s Whilst I know a few people who received the same and now have received their approvals I thought I will wait. Two weeks ago I received a letter asking me to send my two travel documents. I sent them two weeks today (27th) with a self addressed secured envelope. This was sent to me with a self addressed return envelope and my HO reference number.. Has anyone else been through this kind of a thing. My congratulations to all those who have received their approvals especially may June July 2014 cases

Hi Mate,

I also apply same time as you in July 2014 last year, and i also receive a letter in mid march 2015 which says i should send my proof of address for last 5 years. i have send all the requested document since 28th of march and am yet to receive any response from HO. so be cool and keep ur fingers crossed.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by huqqapani » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:26 am

Does anyone know whether they can book Ceremony in a different council to their local one which HO have chosen. The one at mine is over 4 weeks away.

Please let me know if someone has managed to do that.

Ran24
Newly Registered

Post by Ran24 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:29 am

Eligibility criteria: 3 Year Route + 1 Yr ILR + Partner BC
Language criteria met - Life in the UK + English test certificate
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 10-04-2015
Payment method: Debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: Waiting
Date of debit or clearance of fees: Waiting
Date of acknowledgment: Waiting
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting

I have been in UK since Mar 2008 and eligible to apply with my 5 yrs status , but prefered to do it with 3 Yrs + BC partner. No idea what the long term consequences of 6(1) / 6(2) . Appreciate if any one has got any insight of this ?

funnyboi

Post by funnyboi » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:42 am

huqqapani wrote:
huqqapani wrote:APPROVED :D

Eligibility Criteria: 10 Long residence + 1 year ILR
Language Criteria Met: Life in UK + UK University certificate
Method of Application: NCS (Carlton, Notts)
Date of Application: 3rd December 2014
Date of Receipt by Home Office: Waiting
Date of Debit of Fees: Credit Card - 11/12/2014
Date of Receipt of Acknowledgement: 17/12/2014
Date of Receipt of Approval: 18/04/2015 (Letter dated 15/04/2015)
Date of Ceremony: 02/06/15 (public)

Time Taken: 4 months 18 days roughly
HO requested my passport mid March 2015 for the duration covering from 2009 till 2011. Posted it right away.
Best of luck to all December 2014 applicants as these seems to be coming through now.
Congratulation mate but if you don't mind asking what nationality are you? Much appreciated

funnyboi

Post by funnyboi » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:46 am

babe_khyber wrote:Hi there,
I was waiting since mid February last year now I am running in 15 month no decision has been taken for the reason of discrimination because we are a third category human in the uk as refugee. The home office willing to investigation for possible involvement of war crime. But they didn't discovered any involvement that is why they still delaying any application through refugee route immigration history. Any way there is very little chance for refugees to succeeded their naturalisation from the fascist and dearly beloved present Government. Their is publicly thought of anti immigration in uk. I hope if the labour win the election then will be much chances but no chance from the Tories.
We are still looking for any possible way to highlights the issues but print media as well anti immigration and un independent.
Let's see the next Govt. What they can do for us.
Best wishes.
Babe khyber
What is your nationality Babe khyber, if you don't mind asking mate?

captainus83
Newly Registered

Post by captainus83 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:43 am

WeepNotChild wrote:
captainus83 wrote:@junk2014,

I know the travel isnt the issue. i was just wondering that why would someone with same profile gets in 2 weeks and someone just hangs in there for 6 months??

Also, i fear that just in case they send it to wrong address and lets say post gets returned (happened for my son and then for my Mrs. ILR time) I would never come to know and after 3 months the citizenship expires if you Don't do ceremony :(.
Simple trick is to call them after every couple of weeks and say you've away from the address and would like to know if they sent anything.
The new help desk claims they dont have access to the status of application ... i am pretty sure they are bullshitting. as perviously when I applied for my son's they were able to tell.

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:58 am

Eligibility criteria: 8 Years Student + 2 Years Post Study Work + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met - Life in the UK + Degree from the UK
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 23-04-2015
Payment method: Debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: Waiting
Date of debit or clearance of fees: Waiting
Date of acknowledgment: Waiting
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting