ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child extension visa?which form to use? please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

malfayez
Newly Registered

Child extension visa?which form to use? please help

Post by malfayez » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:53 pm

Dear All

I was granted ILR April 2012, my older daughter and my wife were abroad at that time.

Both had valid Teir 1 dependant visa at the time , my seconds daughter was born in May 2012. I applied for all of them for Visa as dependant of settled person and they have been granted visas from sep 2012 untile may 2015.

I was granted British citizenship in May 2013

Now, I am going to extend their stay. I take it for my wife, I should FLR(m), what about my two children ? which form should I use for them?

Please advise me? I have been in home office website for days, but I could not find the appropriate form

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child extension visa?which form to use? please help

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:52 pm

Include them as dependents on FLR(M) form, wife as main applicant and children under 18 details in Section 4 of the same form.

You will also have to pay the NHS surcharge for all of them @ £200 per person per year payable upfront at the point of application
(£200pa X 2.5 years visa = £500 per person) on top of the visa application fee.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... cation/pay
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:23 pm

1. Where was your youngest child born?
2. Did you spouse and child have valid leave as a PBS dep when they switched to spouse leave?
3. Did you apply for FLR(M) in the UK or VAF from aboard? If in the UK what wS the exact date you applied?
4. How many months leave were they granted leave for?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

malfayez
Newly Registered

Post by malfayez » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:41 pm

CR001 wrote:Include them as dependents on FLR(M) form, wife as main applicant and children under 18 details in Section 4 of the same form.

You will also have to pay the NHS surcharge for all of them @ £200 per person per year payable upfront at the point of application
(£200pa X 2.5 years visa = £500 per person) on top of the visa application fee.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... cation/pay
Thanks, that is a great relief. very unusual for the home office, not to make application process very complicated

Luckily, I booked my premium appointment before they introduce NHS charges. :D ( that the only things which kept me happy during this application process)
Thanks again

malfayez
Newly Registered

Post by malfayez » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:44 pm

Amber wrote:1. Where was your youngest child born?
2. Did you spouse and child have valid leave as a PBS dep when they switched to spouse leave?
3. Did you apply for FLR(M) in the UK or VAF from aboard? If in the UK what wS the exact date you applied?
4. How many months leave were they granted leave for?
Thanks Amber
1- youngest child born in Saudi Arabia
2- yes, both my wife and child had a valid PBS when they switched to spouse leave from abroad.
3- We applied for FLR(M) using VAF from Abroad, we applied on 25/08/2012.
4- They granted them 33 months each.

Thanks again for all helps and advises.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:39 am

It's a shame they didn't return to the UK and extend as PBS applicants assuming you were granted ILR as a PBS applicant.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

malfayez
Newly Registered

Post by malfayez » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:05 pm

it is betty, now we regret it. after we had our second daughter, we did not know which visa to go for.

I can not put the clock back.

Thanks for the advices and empathy