ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

International Criminal Conviction Exchange

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

AaLipak

International Criminal Conviction Exchange

Post by AaLipak » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:18 pm

Police just visited me and asked me for my details and ID Card from Back home. I gave them my passport and they took every single dot out of it!

They had to fill International Criminal Conviction Exchange form which was full of entries including my parents names and their place/ date of birth etc. They said ( I am not sure if that's the case ) all this info will be sent to HO and will be shared with other Agencies ( including EU & Non EU ) but I have never been convicted so I don't need to worry at all. Then why need the form ? Strange!
[ just to clarify I am fully vetted cos the nature of my job ]

I even asked if this info was requested by HO ? but answer was NO.

Any ideas ?

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: International Criminal Conviction Exchange

Post by fwd079 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:38 pm

Did they tell you exactly why they asked for information?
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:47 pm

Were they legitimate police officers??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wmazhar

Post by wmazhar » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:54 pm

This could be because if your name is matching with another criminal, then they will do all these checks to make sure you are not that one.

but hopefully there would be no problem
Applied: 11/03/2015
Approval: 04-04-2015 Dated 27/03/2015
Ceremony: 15-04-2015

AaLipak

Post by AaLipak » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:57 pm

I don't know if they are Legit or not or their work :) but yes they are from my local police station, that's all I know of. One of them likes to clock the hours ;-)

I was arrested 7 weeks ago under false allegations and was released without charge. NFA'd probably. But they came back with this form now. { I have applied for Naturalization as well [ different thread ] on 10 of Feb }. I am kind of confused now, if there was no charge/conviction not even caution so what's the need for this ? bit paranoid though if been grossed up :D

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:16 pm

AaLipak wrote:I don't know if they are Legit or not or their work :) but yes they are from my local police station, that's all I know of. One of them likes to clock the hours ;-)

I was arrested 7 weeks ago under false allegations and was released without charge. NFA'd probably. But they came back with this form now. { I have applied for Naturalization as well [ different thread ] on 10 of Feb }. I am kind of confused now, if there was no charge/conviction not even caution so what's the need for this ? bit paranoid though if been grossed up :D

Has it got to do with ur naturalization or coz of ur previous arrest?

AaLipak

Post by AaLipak » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:40 am

NNo idea!

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:22 pm

If allegations were false then I wouldn't worry.

AaLipak

Post by AaLipak » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:51 pm

Update !

Got arrested again under new allegaions and just been released on Conditional Bail.
Domestic/ sexual nature phone calls cited as evidence. Hearring/ Plea Date set for 01 June! :(

Deep Deep Sh1t....

what to expect now ???
any ideas ?

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:12 pm

No one can answer you unless u give the detail of conviction and timeline . But I guess whatever it is as it's just a recent conviction it will make trouble in case of citizenship .
ss

AaLipak

Post by AaLipak » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:55 pm

SSWSZ wrote:No one can answer you unless u give the detail of conviction and timeline . But I guess whatever it is as it's just a recent conviction it will make trouble in case of citizenship .
My time line is in Feb 2015 Naturalization Thread, so just did not want to duplicate.

and yes SSWSZ, its very recent conviction. well not convicted yet, but been detained and arrested, spent the night in prison to be presented in court. Court just granted me conditional bail and asked to come back on 01 June and then subsequent hearing is on 17 June.

PS I applied on 10 Feb thru NCS. Ack. Recvd on 17. so it was all good until all this started right in the end :(

need any more info please feel free to ask.
And don't forget to suggest, all suggestions welcome.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:05 pm

Ur timeline is same like me exactly even dates . When we went to submit the case in NCS the lady there said as my hubby got points in court due to minor human error ( wrote counter part number wrong ) case is forwarded to court and got points in 2012 . So she said my hubby has to wait till 2016 to pass 3 years . As your case is already in home office so u have different circumstances but still court is involved it's alarming .
Some what near to your case is my friend hubby naturalisation is with home office from last July then 3 months ago they have a fight and she called police and her hubby spend 1 night in jail and other day she took the case back . After a month her hubby got a further investigation letter and almost 2 weeks getting that letter he relieved the approval and he now successfully got the passport. So hope for best and pray
ss

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:09 am

AaLipak wrote:Update !

Got arrested again under new allegaions and just been released on Conditional Bail.
Domestic/ sexual nature phone calls cited as evidence. Hearring/ Plea Date set for 01 June! :(

Deep Deep Sh1t....

what to expect now ???
any ideas ?
Again, if you are innocent of charges mentioned here, you needn't worry.