ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sohail78
Newly Registered

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by sohail78 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:31 pm

WeepNotChild wrote:03001232253
Thanks weepnotchild :)

tracey_w
Newly Registered

Post by tracey_w » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:17 am

liverpool2005 wrote:#Tracey.
You will need to find out when and where you local MP holds his/her monthly surgery. Take the home office letter with you and they will do the rest.
Thank you Liverpool2005! Have you ever been? Did the MP help? Thanks!

san2014

Post by san2014 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:44 pm

Hi everyone,

I need some advice please.

What should you do if you get Naturalization application refused please ??
(Not for criminal record)

Thanks in advance

san2014

Post by san2014 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:16 pm

san2014 wrote:Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance
It depends on the reason of refusal. Nobody can give u any advice here until unless u state the refusal reason.

san2014

Post by san2014 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:30 pm

First of all thanks for the replaying,

My partner has been in this country for 12 years and never left the UK because he didn't had the papers.
Last year 6 March 2014 he won the papers with court (because the HO was taking so long to give him an answer so for this reason he decided to go to court)
So he been granted Indifinet Leave To Remain.
In 9 May 2014 he applied for Naturalization.( the solicitor said you have the right to apply)

Today he recived the letter from the HO for the refusing . They saying you have to wait because the law has changes in December and now he doesn't have the right for passport.

(I don't know exactly the reason why because am waiting from the solicitors to send me a copy by email)

I don't understand why this law that came into force in December 2014 should affect people who applied in May 2014 the law don't have the retroactive effect :(

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:27 pm

san2014 wrote:First of all thanks for the replaying,

My partner has been in this country for 12 years and never left the UK because he didn't had the papers.
Last year 6 March 2014 he won the papers with court (because the HO was taking so long to give him an answer so for this reason he decided to go to court)
So he been granted Indifinet Leave To Remain.
In 9 May 2014 he applied for Naturalization.( the solicitor said you have the right to apply)

Today he recived the letter from the HO for the refusing . They saying you have to wait because the law has changes in December and now he doesn't have the right for passport.

(I don't know exactly the reason why because am waiting from the solicitors to send me a copy by email)

I don't understand why this law that came into force in December 2014 should affect people who applied in May 2014 the law don't have the retroactive effect :(
My thoughts precisely, hopefully some senior member could shed light on the case, I'm really sorry to hear. Fingers crossed for you.

san2014

Post by san2014 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:54 pm

Hi
Thanks for the early replay.

We need some help as we don't know what to do, what action should we take please??

This is the reason for the Naturalisation Application refused.

Your client was here without valid leave in UK between 17/11/2005 until 05/03/2014 when he was granted ILR.
Also he was not permitted to work during this time but he was working.
So you have provided documents which clearly shows that your client was working here between August 2006 - April 2014 WITHOUT permission and your client can not therefore satisfy the Criteria of Chapter 18, Annex D, paragraph 9.7 & c of the Nationality Instructions.
So your client application is refused.

He has been working in this country and I can not deny But he has payed his tax and worked with papers always and never claimed benefits.
Thats so unfair :(

foufou

Post by foufou » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:45 pm

san2014 wrote:Hi
Thanks for the early replay.

We need some help as we don't know what to do, what action should we take please??

This is the reason for the Naturalisation Application refused.

Your client was here without valid leave in UK between 17/11/2005 until 05/03/2014 when he was granted ILR.
So you have provided documents which clearly shows that your client was working here between August 2006 - April 2014 WITHOUT permission and your client can not therefore satisfy the Criteria of Chapter 18, Annex D, paragraph 9.7 & c of the Nationality Instructions.

He has been working in this country and I can not deny But he has payed his tax and worked with papers always and never claimed benefits.
Thats so unfair :(
sorry to hear that,but u can't do nothing about it because is a new rules,your partner failed in 2 criteria
-over stayed
-working illegal
I don't understand how your solicitor send to the home office proof of working if u are not allow to work . he make it worse
what u can do now is wait till 05/03/2024 ( 10 years from start to have leave to remain) and apply again unless the rules change witch I believe it will be soon

san2014

Post by san2014 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:13 am

Thanks
when he did application was May and the law changed in Dcember so for this reason no one knew.

So his application should had finished in 9 November (within 6 months) and get a positive decision (HO is wrong for not proceeding on time his application) they just did for the money thats it.

How many other people got their approval before December?
(I know few people with the same situation)

The.Watcher

Post by The.Watcher » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:43 pm

san2014 wrote:Thanks
when he did application was May and the law changed in Dcember so for this reason no one knew.

So his application should had finished in 9 November (within 6 months) and get a positive decision (HO is wrong for not proceeding on time his application) they just did for the money thats it.

Sadly as naturalisation is not a right, the HO can move the goal posts how the see fit for now and have been doing so. You wont be the 1st and not the last of this type of refusal. I was looking at some data from another website showing statics of naturalisations and it shows just how crazy the non approval rate has dipped.

san2014

Post by san2014 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:51 pm

Thanks

(I know few people with the same situation)[/quote]

Sadly as naturalisation is not a right, the HO can move the goal posts how the see fit for now and have been doing so. You wont be the 1st and not the last of this type of refusal. I was looking at some data from another website showing statics of naturalisations and it shows just how crazy the non approval rate has dipped.

Sometimes you feel upset that they neglect your case and didn't proceed with the old law ( he should had the positive) but with the new law negative :(

The problem is that now no one knows how to proceed !!!!! :roll:

foufou

Post by foufou » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:58 pm

Sometimes you feel upset that they neglect your case and didn't proceed with the old law ( he should had the positive) but with the new law negative :(

The problem is that now no one knows how to proceed !!!!! :roll:[/quote]

hi san2014
I just want to tell u that even with old law ( before December 2014 ) I think your partner application will be refused
because the residence requirement , so your partner had permanent residence in 2014 from the court straight away so he need to wait 12 months before he can apply for naturalisation and if you are british and married to him or civil partner then he need to be legally for 3 years before that .correct me if I'm wrong
I think your solicitor just want your money

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Fri May 01, 2015 12:27 am

foufou wrote:

The problem is that now no one knows how to proceed !!!!! :roll:

hi san2014
I just want to tell u that even with old law ( before December 2014 ) I think your partner application will be refused
because the residence requirement , so your partner had permanent residence in 2014 from the court straight away so he need to wait 12 months before he can apply for naturalisation and if you are british and married to him or civil partner then he need to be legally for 3 years before that .correct me if I'm wrong
I think your solicitor just want your money[/quote]

I agree I think ur solicitor shouldnt have asked u to apply as ur partner is not eligible as of yet. one thing u can do is ask for the refund of £906 if ur partner's case is been effected by the new rules introduced in Dec 14.

jefstudent

Post by jefstudent » Fri May 01, 2015 8:16 am

Hi san2014,

Can you please tell me if the last in your post as follows was part of the refusal they sent you.

" He has been working in this country and I can not deny But he has payed his tax and worked with papers always and never claimed benefits. "

Thanks

san2014

Post by san2014 » Fri May 01, 2015 10:07 am

No is not.
What I meant is, despite the fact that they saying he has been working in this country between the period that was illegal. He was paying tax so why they accept the contribution from those people who are illegal or why u give (government) insurance number !!??

That was my opinion against they decision in this matter :( :!:

britishenglish

Post by britishenglish » Fri May 01, 2015 10:41 am

So u saying gov should allow everyone one in this world to come UK without visa and just feel happy that a illigal is paying tax on the money it earns , this is not fair people come to this country become illigall and still want to dictate terms, in the name of human right people want to fight In court so why not go back to your origin coountry and fight for betterment of your Country , people come to this country and want to force their religion , this country is Christian country , other religion is should be only follow privately .I am a immigrant In this country and I come to this country and obliged to follow the law of this country if I dont like I should go back to my beloved country .some people say now bed thing about my post but truth is that we are In someone else house and we getting very good host service but if still we feel that its not enough we should go back to our home where we can get better service .

britishenglish

Post by britishenglish » Fri May 01, 2015 10:49 am

And one more thing illigal people earning money is not exempted from tax law but I am agree with you government is fail in deporting him but u fail as well coz when visa is finish person should go back .

san2014

Post by san2014 » Fri May 01, 2015 10:52 am

Read it again and try to understand what I said ok
First of all is a Why there( which I mean why they allow people)

san2014

Post by san2014 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:00 am

britishenglish wrote:And one more thing illigal people earning money is not exempted from tax law but I am agree with you government is fail in deporting him but u fail as well coz when visa is finish person should go back .
Someone asked me before to answer his question.
So don't say sth that u weren't part of this.
Maybe your country is better than mine :)

britishenglish

Post by britishenglish » Fri May 01, 2015 11:14 am

I am no one just an immigrant and I am sure your country is as beautiful as mine just some people in our country is not good we should fight with that people non violence way like Gandhi.

jefstudent

Post by jefstudent » Fri May 01, 2015 5:46 pm

Hi san,

Is there any chance you can post the wording of your first letter and refusal letter please. Obviously take personal information off.

I am in similar situation and was told by solicitor that might be useful for you too.

Can you pm me or place it on here.

Thanks

san2014

Post by san2014 » Fri May 01, 2015 6:00 pm

jefstudent wrote:Hi san,

was told by solicitor that might be useful for you too.

Can you pm me or place it on here.

Thanks
I don't get this part here, can u explain pl?
What can be useful ?

This is the letter or the decision in short way

san2014

Post by san2014 » Fri May 01, 2015 6:02 pm

How about you?
What the verdict says about you please?

Thanks

jefstudent

Post by jefstudent » Fri May 01, 2015 6:18 pm

I have got a letter saying to provide evidence of how i was supporting myself.

can you tell me exactly what ho asked you on the first letter they send you.

Did they ask you to provide wages slip or just ask to confirm what were you doing when you did not have visa or leave to remain

Thanks