ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

views on renouncing brtish citizenship for eea permt

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

louise.

Re: views on renouncing brtish citizenship for eea permt

Post by louise. » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:24 pm

sorry i should have been more clear, Im the irish citizen who is renouncing British citizenship, do I need to leave and come back for whatever reason? my husband is still in the USA

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:06 pm

louise. wrote:sorry i should have been more clear, Im the irish citizen who is renouncing British citizenship, do I need to leave and come back for whatever reason? my husband is still in the USA
I don't think there is the need to leave and come back. I was outside the UK when I renounced anyways. Of course, if you do leave and return it definitely wouldn't do any harm, but I doubt it's needed.

If you're married, you won't need to show that you lived together with your husband overseas.

The first time they tried to take payment from my debit card, they said it failed and they tried to call me to let me know. The girl left me a REALLY unclear voicemail but I was able to track her anyways. She then took payment over the phone. Definitely want to keep an eye on your account. Not sure how long it would take normally, but I wouldn't expect delays with payment!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:41 pm

The EU citizen (with whatever EU citizenships they may have) does not ever need to leave the UK. Exactly the same applies to the non-EU family member.

louise.

Post by louise. » Wed May 06, 2015 8:25 pm

Thank you , will keep you updated, according to royal mail they received my application only 2 days ago, think bank holiday slowed things up. :)

louise.

Post by louise. » Wed May 20, 2015 6:15 pm

Hey , i know im probably being inpatient, but its been 3 weeks nearly and the home office haven't even taken the payment for the renunciation process, ive had no confirmation of application being received, all i have is my royal mail confirmation it was signed for . Is this the norm? :?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed May 20, 2015 6:29 pm

louise. wrote:Hey , i know im probably being inpatient, but its been 3 weeks nearly and the home office haven't even taken the payment for the renunciation process, ive had no confirmation of application being received, all i have is my royal mail confirmation it was signed for . Is this the norm? :?
For me it was about that time when I got a message stating that they were not able to process my card payment. How did you pay? Cheque/card? (Forgot, soz).

I don't have a number for them right now (that was over a year ago!). Do a search online to see if you can find a number and call them to see if they have received your documents. It won't be easy to find a number though. Perhaps you could post on a new thread to see if anyone else has a number for the renunciation department. Keep the thread title clear and obvious.

Good luck!

louise.

Post by louise. » Wed May 20, 2015 6:38 pm

Evening chaoclive hope all is well at your end :) . I opted to pay by card I have tried looking for a number and the number i found a couple of weeks ago i spoke to a very unhelpful person who sent me on a wild goose chase, i have been unable to find another number for them and i see no point in emailing i will more than likely get the renunciation back before the response :)
As you said it was about this time you heard something , i will try not to be too concerned then, i take it the department we send this too covers all sorts ?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed May 20, 2015 6:57 pm

louise. wrote:Evening chaoclive hope all is well at your end :) . I opted to pay by card I have tried looking for a number and the number i found a couple of weeks ago i spoke to a very unhelpful person who sent me on a wild goose chase, i have been unable to find another number for them and i see no point in emailing i will more than likely get the renunciation back before the response :)
As you said it was about this time you heard something , i will try not to be too concerned then, i take it the department we send this too covers all sorts ?
Not bad here...considering getting started on a diet very soon...bad news :(

Yes, I think that dept isn't focused solely on renunciation.

You might as well drop them an email on: FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk or NationalityHelpdesk@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. Worth a try. Request that someone from the department dealing with renunciations calls your back or that the operator on the help desk forwards your email to renunciation.

louise.

Post by louise. » Wed May 20, 2015 6:59 pm

Good luck for the diet :) i will email them did they confirm they had your application by any chance?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed May 20, 2015 7:11 pm

louise. wrote:Good luck for the diet :) i will email them did they confirm they had your application by any chance?

Nope. nothing to say that they had received it. The only times they contacted me were to say that they weren't able to take payment on my card and then when I got the final renunciation cert.

I wouldn't panic too much as this is still early days but I would put in that email right away...why not have it in process?

louise.

Post by louise. » Wed May 20, 2015 7:13 pm

Will do, Thanks Chaoclive, :)

louise.

Post by louise. » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:46 am

louise. wrote:Will do, Thanks Chaoclive, :)
Hi Chaoclive, hope you are well.

a little update, home office has emailed me with a number for cashiers to make payment , apprantley they tried taking payment and it was declined! so rang them to make payment , so rather pleased that the applications appears to be moving. How long did it take after they took your payment for you to receive the renunciation back?

Im getting more nervous now. :|

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:54 pm

louise. wrote: Hi Chaoclive, hope you are well.

a little update, home office has emailed me with a number for cashiers to make payment , apprantley they tried taking payment and it was declined! so rang them to make payment , so rather pleased that the applications appears to be moving. How long did it take after they took your payment for you to receive the renunciation back?
Im getting more nervous now. :|
they had the same issue with me! i don't think that they pay much attention to the numbers that they are typing into their systems!!!

it also happened a few weeks after i had lodged the application. after taking payment over the phone it still took another good 2 months for the renunciation to come through. i've just recently read that someone had theirs back in a about 2 months in total.

u might want to ask your husband to go ahead and start preparing the documents to apply for his EEA family permit, e.g. registering on the visa website (you can do a 'dummy' account using another email address to the one he will actual use to apply), marriage certificate etc.

u will also need to get some stuff together, e.g. your pay slips/contract/letter from you employer etc.

don't be nervous, it's in process!

louise.

Post by louise. » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:35 pm

Oh my ..two months after they took your payment to process it? hope it the 2 month mark than that :| they confirmed my application as being received 5th may also 2 month mark only couple weeks away or is that me being highly optimistic..

With regards to documents, we have to hand, original marriage certificate, funny enough i had to provide payslips recently and proof of employment which my employer wrote and sent to me on headed paper, should i send that too? I am missing like 3 out of 20 months payslips, should i get those copies from my employer? or submit bank statements covering the missing pay slips.

Do we need proof of relationship?

louise.

Post by louise. » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:59 pm

I was on the website having a nosey and there is a health care surcharge of 200 pounds , its confusing when im reading it , does he need to pay that too? its like im reading a diff language , i cant make head nor tail out of it.. help :(

louise.

Post by louise. » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:03 pm

For visa applications made outside the UK, you’ll have to pay if:

you’re a national of a country outside the European Economic Area
you’re applying for a visa to work, study or join your family in the UK for more than 6 months (but you’re not applying to permanently remain in the UK)
you’ve applied and paid your visa fee on or after 6 April 2015

im confused..

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:02 pm

louise. wrote:For visa applications made outside the UK, you’ll have to pay if:

you’re a national of a country outside the European Economic Area
you’re applying for a visa to work, study or join your family in the UK for more than 6 months (but you’re not applying to permanently remain in the UK)
you’ve applied and paid your visa fee on or after 6 April 2015

im confused..
Don't worry. Family members of EEA nationals exercising treaty rights (like you) in the UK do not have to pay: https://www.freemovement.org.uk/nhs-sur ... lications/

See also here:
https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... cation=ufi
'You don’t need to get an IHS reference number or pay the healthcare surcharge if:

you’re applying for a visitor visa
you’re applying for a visa (from outside the UK) for 6 months or less
you’re applying for indefinite leave to remain
you’re a diplomat or a member of a visiting armed forces and not subject to immigration control
you’re a family member of a European national with European Union treaty rights'

and

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s_2015.pdf
Page 43: '5.32 Some non-EEA nationals have a right to live in the UK as family members of an EEA national who is exercising EU Treaty rights, typically by working in the UK. These individuals are exempt from paying the surcharge and will have an NHS record created on the Spine demonstrating their ‘Green: Free access to NHS services’ status during the time granted to remain in the UK. They will be issued with a Biometric Residence Card (BRC) instead of a BRP from April 2015. Some may continue to rely on valid non-biometric residence cards until they expire. The BRC will be almost identical in style and substance to the BRP and should be handled in the same way to verify eligibility for free NHS services.'

We have not paid anything, nor have we been asked to pay.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:06 pm

louise. wrote:Oh my ..two months after they took your payment to process it? hope it the 2 month mark than that :| they confirmed my application as being received 5th may also 2 month mark only couple weeks away or is that me being highly optimistic..

With regards to documents, we have to hand, original marriage certificate, funny enough i had to provide payslips recently and proof of employment which my employer wrote and sent to me on headed paper, should i send that too? I am missing like 3 out of 20 months payslips, should i get those copies from my employer? or submit bank statements covering the missing pay slips. IF I WERE YOU I WOULD DEFINITELY SEND THE LETTER FROM YOUR EMPLOYER AND SOME OF YOUR PAYSLIPS. YOU DON'T NEED ALL OF THE PAYSLIPS! 20 WOULD BE EXCESSIVE. FOR MY PARTNER'S RC APPLICATION (EEA2 LAST OCTOBER) I HAD JUST SEND 2 OR 3 PAYSLIPS IN TOTAL. NO NEED TO SEND BANK STATEMENTS AT ALL.

I WOULD RECOMMEND THAT YOU WORK YOUR WAY THROUGH THE EEA FAMILY PERMIT APPLICATION FORM ON: https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk. REGISTER AN ACCOUNT FROM AN EMAIL THAT YOU DON'T PLAN TO USE FOR THE ACTUAL VISA APPLICATION. THAT WAY YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET A HEADS UP ON THE QUESTIONS THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO COMPLETE.

Do we need proof of relationship?
Yes I think it was about 2 months approximately. I didn't really pay too much attention to be honest but don't worry! Just get everything else sorted in the mean time.

louise.

Post by louise. » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:40 pm

Thank you, your a star.

May i be a pain and ask all you supplied?

Am i right in assuming we dont need to send bank statements? or should we.
Do we need relationship proof ?

or is marriage cert. pay sips. proof of employment enough?

this is a stupid question, i assume i need to post all my documents to my husband so he can submit everything ? :)

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:36 pm

louise. wrote:Thank you, your a star.

May i be a pain and ask all you supplied?

Am i right in assuming we dont need to send bank statements? or should we.
Do we need relationship proof ?

or is marriage cert. pay sips. proof of employment enough?

this is a stupid question, i assume i need to post all my documents to my husband so he can submit everything ? :)
We didn't supply any proof of relationship as we had a civil partnership and it wasn't recently done (got our CP in 2011 and applied for EEA FP in 2014).

We supplied the following:
-my passport (irish)
-his passport
-civil partnership certificate
-application form
-renunciation certificate
-photos (2 i think)

Don't think there was anything else. Can't remember the details tbh! We didn't provide bank statements nor anything to do with my job. There's no requirement to prove your financial situation but you will need to prove that you have been working in the UK as you have been there for longer than the initial 3 months (all EU citizens have a 3 month right of residence where they don't need to be a qualified person).

I think you will need to post him the stuff. Not sure how I would go about the passport though. You might want to see if you can get it certified somehow and send that? Don't think you're allowed to post passports across international borders. You could open a new post about this? I'm sure other people have this issue.

louise.

Post by louise. » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:01 pm

I have another question, does my husband need to do his biometrics in the states? or attend a interview.

Thank you again on behalf of us both for all your help, we would be totally lost without it. :)

louise.

Post by louise. » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:05 pm

where is the best place( forum)to post about posting passport may i ask?

Do i need to supply my accommodation details,? im sorry all these questions.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:20 pm

louise. wrote:where is the best place( forum)to post about posting passport may i ask?

Do i need to supply my accommodation details,? im sorry all these questions.
It would still be in the EEA Route forum. You will have to provide details about where you and your partner will live when he gets here. Surely he will be able to live with you? Don't know if that would affect your housing benefit or anything?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:26 pm

louise. wrote:I have another question, does my husband need to do his biometrics in the states? or attend a interview.

Thank you again on behalf of us both for all your help, we would be totally lost without it. :)
He will have to book an appointment to submit his documents for the EEA family permit. At that interview they will take his fingerprints. We went to the British Embassy in Beijing and submitted the documents/fingerprints.

I'm not sure how it works in the USA. You might want to have a detailed look around on here, http://britishexpats.com/forum/ or http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?board=17.0. I hope you will be able to find out some more details.

I don't mind helping at all. The only issue is that your situation is going to be a little different to ours in terms of application, as you are not together at the time of application, whereas we were.

louise.

Post by louise. » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:30 pm

ahh ok, so he will have to attend to hand everything in? he dont just post it?