ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Kukuwife » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:45 am

Ifemi wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:
Ifemi wrote:Hi kukuswife just to update you, my solicitor sent reconsideration letter which they ignore, she later sent pap and they reply her on Friday that they still maintain their decisions, now she said she will talk to their barrister about my case and see if I can get legal aid for my case. If no legal aid I will be honest I can't afford judicial review bcos am an asylum seeker.
Now my ex partner is thinking of putting in an application for flr fp, and he has agreed to put his nationality nigeria bcos he already did a biometric last year which his nationality stated nigeria bcos he was so fed up arguing with home office, he will Putin the applications and write a letter to explain everything to them, he will be submitting the children's birth certificate and backup letter from his church members. And he will be using my address for the application, pls hope this is okay, pls advice. Thanks
Ifemi- so sorry for responding to your post last been busy.
This is getting more complicated in my opinion. I sincerely hope that your solicitor help sort you out.
You are claiming the children so also your partner so why can't all of you apply together as a family. To be frank with you your case only have one issue to be resolved which is credibility. I wish you all the best
Hi kukuswife, ok my ex partner as agreed to put me as a dependants including the children. He will be doing the application himself. We've already got 5 supporting letters from church member, will be getting letter too from the doctor, the only issue now is my children original birth certificate that is with my solicitor, she has refused to give it back to me, have been requesting back from her since last month. Pls what documents do u think might also help our application. Thks
Ifemi- check your inbox
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Ifemi
Newly Registered

Post by Ifemi » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:14 am

Ok thks

Uniqueq9
Newly Registered

Post by Uniqueq9 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:54 am

Dear Members,
hope you all are doing well.
I am in urgent need of your advice please. starting with my background, I came to uk in 2011 as a student I couldn't extend my visa due to financial difficulties. I over stayed my visa since October 2014.
I wish to apply for FLR FP on the basis of partner of british citizen(born in uk), I have been in relationship with my partner since October 2013 she was separated at that time from her ex , She is going through divorce proceedings, I can provide evidence of that to the HO she has three british children( all in primary school) from her ex partner.
The reason I want to apply for FLR FP and not as a spouse after her divorce, is because she wants to wait for 2/3 years and then get married again she is a full time student. We do not live together.
I know I made a huge mistake by overstaying, please advice what are my chances if I take this route.
I have worked and studied in this country since I have been here, I was meant to apply for my masters in October 2014 but due to financial difficulties I was not able to. I entered this country when I was 19, I'll be turning 24 this year.
I would be really grateful if you could kindly advice me. thank you

remiee

Post by remiee » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:58 pm

halifax8
Newly Registered

Post by halifax8 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:42 am

I hope you can help advise on this matter.

I wife entered the uk as a visitor, she did not overstayed. we have a british son and as her partner i am also a british citizen. We made Flr fp application for leave to remain whiles her visa was in date. application was refused but weve given a right of appeal.UKBA told her to leave and apply for entry clearance for a spousal visa.

We are preparing for an appeal and what to know what our chances are even with article 8 private and famile life

What do you think on such cases?
Do we stand a 50/50 chance for sucess
Any advise or direction would be grateful.

Thanks

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:10 pm

halifax8 wrote:I hope you can help advise on this matter.

I wife entered the uk as a visitor, she did not overstayed. we have a british son and as her partner i am also a british citizen. We made Flr fp application for leave to remain whiles her visa was in date. application was refused but weve given a right of appeal.UKBA told her to leave and apply for entry clearance for a spousal visa.

We are preparing for an appeal and what to know what our chances are even with article 8 private and famile life

What do you think on such cases?
Do we stand a 50/50 chance for sucess
Any advise or direction would be grateful.

Thanks
Hello
This might be of help
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/mind-th ... terminous/
Your expectation will manifest very soon

dipsyfash
Newly Registered

Post by dipsyfash » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:51 pm

I have been reading and following this post for a while now, then I decide to register to ask a question.. i came to uk on a tier 4 visa in September 2013 and met my partner November 2013. . Since then we have been together she is British and got two kids but the kids dad never showed up.. i was there for them altrough acting like their dad.. i finish my studies July 2014 and my partner got pregnant with my first child August 2014.. my visa finishes March 30th 2015.. so I applied for leave to remain 26th March 2015 using a solicitor.. my baby arrived 9th April 2015 and i did my biometrics 10th April 2015... After which I sent all birth certificates,pictures and all evidence to the home office.. am waiting but little scared.. please can anyone rate my chance of getting a positive results.. to add I am so close with her kids they call me dad.. i even got a letter from the first daughter's school to proof I always bring her to school and my name is on her admission form as dad... thanks I await your helps

haiman
Newly Registered

Post by haiman » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:09 pm

hi everybody im new to the forum.i would like an advice i m writing on behalf of my partner(lived together from 2014 married on 2015)
my partner came to UK on student visa on 2009 and on 2011 he got married to eea national and he applied for residence card,but got refused due that that eea national was married before and no divorce( during the process of eea application his student visa expired)
so they gave him right to appeal after the appeal was granted on 2014 .
unfortunately he did not attend the appeal because he has no other application to submit and i think his solicitor did not guide him.
on 2014 we started living together i am settled in uk and im working part time,we had a baby( British citizen) together.

please if you could advise me as my partner wants to submit a new application on which basis and documents he might need?

we lived together 1 year and 6 months
we got baby together and now is British citizen
he did not attend the appeal June 2014

any advice will be much appreciated.

mj8
Newly Registered

Post by mj8 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:33 am

hello everyone, its been aaaaages since i posted anything on here. Still fighting this battle with HO. Quick summary of my history is im married to UK citizen, zero kids, overstayer. Got married in 2012, FLR O in late 2012, application refused sept 2013. Then the usual stuff...reconsideration (denied), appeal (denied), then tribunal hearing in february 2015. So the hearing was unsucessful, the judge and HO admit that the marriage is genuine and subsisting, we meet the financial requirements blah blah but we dont have sufficient proof of insurmountable obstacles. In her opinion, though we may suffer greatly for a couple of years, she believes that we will survive. :shock:
Anyway, we are fed up, i'm considering going to nigeria to apply for the spousal visa from there. please if anyone has had experience with this process or knows what its like, i'd appreciate some advice on what sort of time-line to expect, any potential difficulties, do I stll have to prove relationship and financial stuff even if I have letters from HO saying the already accept those facts?

Have a great week guys, many thanks
mj8

Alzee
Newly Registered

Post by Alzee » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:06 pm

Its such a big relief. Congratulations!! to your entire family.
Is it possible if you could share your cover letter of-course after deleting your personal details. Or Al least if you could share contents and/or key features for this letter.
Thanks and best wishes.

lomik
Newly Registered

Post by lomik » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:59 am

mj8 wrote:hello everyone, its been aaaaages since i posted anything on here. Still fighting this battle with HO. Quick summary of my history is im married to UK citizen, zero kids, overstayer. Got married in 2012, FLR O in late 2012, application refused sept 2013. Then the usual stuff...reconsideration (denied), appeal (denied), then tribunal hearing in february 2015. So the hearing was unsucessful, the judge and HO admit that the marriage is genuine and subsisting, we meet the financial requirements blah blah but we dont have sufficient proof of insurmountable obstacles. In her opinion, though we may suffer greatly for a couple of years, she believes that we will survive. :shock:
Anyway, we are fed up, i'm considering going to nigeria to apply for the spousal visa from there. please if anyone has had experience with this process or knows what its like, i'd appreciate some advice on what sort of time-line to expect, any potential difficulties, do I stll have to prove relationship and financial stuff even if I have letters from HO saying the already accept those facts?

Have a great week guys, many thanks
mj8

I sent a private message read pls

Saint1994
Newly Registered

Post by Saint1994 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:36 pm

Hi Guys

Just recieved my visa granted on the 10 year parent route & taught i'll share my timeline as others really helped me:

Application sent: 02/03/2015
Biometrics done: 17/03/2015
More documents requested:20/04/2015
Visa granted: 27/04/2015
Recieved: 30/04/2015

A little about my history

Came to the UK in August 2011 on a visitors visa (i was 16 at the time) applied for further leave to remain on the wrong form flr(P), however i was granted a visa up until my 18th birthday as the home office cannot remove minors from the country. applied for indefinite leave to remain in september 2012 which was refused 1 year later because my brother was not a british citizen at the time (wrong advice from the home office when we rung them) appealed in april 2014 on the basis that i had started a relationship with a british citizen, appeal refused, i was pregnant at the time so my doctor wrote a letter advising me not to travel, had my baby in september 2014, applied for leave to remain as a parent and was granted.

To everybody waiting for a response the end is near, keep the faith when the home office knock you down get up and try again the wait would be difficult but it would all be worth it. good luck everybody :)

Call me dude
Nigeria

Post by Call me dude » Fri May 01, 2015 5:49 am

Hi everyone...it's been a while that have posted anything here.im sure some oldies might remember me.just posting this to encourage people.I HAVE BEEN GRANTED 30MONTHS with recourse to public fund.My story: came to uk 10yrs ago with 6mths visa .i tried to regularise my stay in 2012(7 years child concessions)but was refused. I put in another application in 2013,2014..which was refused.sent a reconsideration letter and the rest is story.please guys do not be discouraged.the Lord that answered my prayer will surely answer yours at the right time...
It is well

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri May 01, 2015 3:34 pm

Greetings forum family!! Hope i find you all well. Just thought i'd pop in and say hello and encourage those still waiting to not give up.
Stay blessed

remiee

Post by remiee » Fri May 01, 2015 7:42 pm

Call me dude, I just PM you. Kindly check your message.

Call me dude
Nigeria

Post by Call me dude » Sat May 02, 2015 9:43 am

remiee wrote:Call me dude, I just PM you. Kindly check your message.
Hi Remmie,kindly check your message..
It is well

remiee

Post by remiee » Sat May 02, 2015 4:05 pm

@ Call me dude. Thank you for the message.

lily123
Newly Registered

Post by lily123 » Sat May 02, 2015 6:27 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been following this forum for a while and I'm wondering if anyone could give me some advice.

My story:
  1. I arrived here in August 2006 with my two children and wife.
  2. Applied in July 2012 under the new rules - 7 year child's rules (although my children did not complete their seven years at the time of submission)
  3. September 2013 - application refused
  4. PAP sent but no answer so went for a Judicial Review and right of appeal given
  5. FTT heard - dismissed
  6. First Tier to Upper Tribunal permission- refused
  7. Upper tribunal to Upper tribunal permission - refused yesterday.Appeal exhausted.
  8. My son has lived here for 10 years and my daughter has lived half of her life in the UK by August next year. That is why I think I should go for a reconsideration.
My children have lived here continuously for nearly 9 years. My daughter is 18 years old and my son is 15. I simply can't afford to go for a Judicial Review, go to Supreme Court, or put in a new application.
I have decided to go for a reconsideration on the refused application in 2014 (after the Judicial Review). Can we still do this? What's the best option?

Can someone please advice me on any possible further steps?

Thanks,

adeniyi17
Newly Registered

Post by adeniyi17 » Sat May 02, 2015 8:16 pm

@ remiee,
i couldn't PM U don't know what is wrong. Any update from cool dude about the processing of his reconsideration before getting his visa. pls PM me. thanks

remiee

Post by remiee » Sat May 02, 2015 9:37 pm

@ Adeniyi17.
I think there is a problem with the PM messaging systems as I can't even see the option to send a PM to a member. Once this is resolve I will message you and forward you the reply I got from call me dude.

adeniyi17
Newly Registered

Post by adeniyi17 » Sat May 02, 2015 10:56 pm

@ remiee. Thanks will look forward to you reply once PM is resolved.

lily123
Newly Registered

Post by lily123 » Sun May 03, 2015 8:23 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been following this forum for a while and I'm wondering if anyone could give me some advice.

My story:
  1. I arrived here in August 2006 with my two children and wife.
  2. Applied in July 2012 under the new rules - 7 year child's rules (although my children did not complete their seven years at the time of submission)
  3. September 2013 - application refused
  4. PAP sent but no answer so went for a Judicial Review and right of appeal given
  5. FTT heard - dismissed
  6. First Tier to Upper Tribunal permission- refused
  7. Upper tribunal to Upper tribunal permission - refused yesterday.Appeal exhausted.
  8. My son has lived here for 10 years and my daughter has lived half of her life in the UK by August next year. That is why I think I should go for a reconsideration.
My children have lived here continuously for nearly 9 years. My daughter is 18 years old and my son is 15. I simply can't afford to go for a Judicial Review, go to Supreme Court, or put in a new application.
I have decided to go for a reconsideration on the refused application in 2014 (after the Judicial Review). Can we still do this? What's the best option?

Can someone please advice me on any possible further steps?

Thanks,

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon May 04, 2015 9:55 am

The refusal seems harsh.

If you cannot afford, then the option is open to you to apply for fee exemption.

Given their age and the time they have spent here, I would have thought that your case was reasonably strong.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

remiee

Post by remiee » Mon May 04, 2015 11:27 am

@ Call me dude, I just PM you. Kindly check your message.

lily123
Newly Registered

Post by lily123 » Mon May 04, 2015 5:00 pm

Obie wrote:The refusal seems harsh.

If you cannot afford, then the option is open to you to apply for fee exemption.

Given their age and the time they have spent here, I would have thought that your case was reasonably strong.
Hey Obie, thank you for your message. I don't think I qualify for a fee exemption. However, do you think a reconsideration application will work? What are your suggestions?

Thank you.