ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Information on studying in Canada?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jordan29748
Newly Registered

Information on studying in Canada?

Post by Jordan29748 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:01 pm

Hello my name is Jordan Weston-Wesgate

I am a currently 17 year old boy who lives in the United Kingdom, Currently I am at a college doing a course titled:
'IT Practitioners (Software/Games Development) BTEC Level 3'
I am well into this course I finish my first year at the beginning of July.

This course is a two year course and this is what I have and will be doing over the next year and a half.

You will complete the following units in Year 1
Communication and Employability Skills
Developing Teams in a Business
Digital Graphics
Computer Systems
IT Technical Support
IT Troubleshooting and Repair
Procedural Programming
Computer Game Designs
Creating Computer Games
You will complete the following units in Year 2

Information Systems
Computer Networks
Event Driven Programming
Project Planning
Client Side Customisation of Webpages
Website Production
Digital Graphics
Computer Animation

After this college course has finished I will be 18 and I either go to University or do an Apprenticeship. I could go to a University in the UK or do a level 4 apprenticeship and part time course at the college I go to titled 'Computing & Software Development HNC'

However I have chosen to go to University.

I have had a dream to move to Canada when I am older since I was like the age of 10. I actually posted on here on a different account back in 2013, you can see the thread I made here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/canada ... 53016.html

That thread was just over two years ago now and I am getting closer to the age where I can actually work on moving to Canada.

So I am still studying. I want to go to University but since I love Canada it would be a life changing experience for me to make it to a Canadian college or university.

However my family isn't the richest family so I don't know how much the fees to study would be to study in Canada. I can get a job now and put some money aside now and I understand that there are some programs out there which help you pay such as going to study and working while you're there etc. I don't how much it costs to study in Canada all I know is it's in the top cheapest countries to go abroad and study in along with the UK and others.

I'd love to receive some more information on this topic, I don't know exactly what I want to do at University yet but it will most likely be IT related because I enjoy IT.

Any information on studying in Canada would be great help, thanks for the help from anyone who helps me with this.

I know it possibly costs a lot of money but to even go abroad on Foreign Exchange with a University in the UK for one term/semester would be an experience I would never forget!

I also understand that studying abroad actually helps with me immigrating to Canada in the future. I forgot what exactly helps I just remember reading it somewhere.

Anyway thanks for reading this and if anyone posts any information that helps me with this then thanks

EDIT: Actually I have 2 threads I have created on here in the past: The first thread was http://www.immigrationboards.com/canada ... 48766.html

akitaN9
Newly Registered

Re: Information on studying in Canada?

Post by akitaN9 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:14 pm

Studying in Canada may be expensive for you and your family, but there may be other ways that can help with cost. One of those is while you are here studying in Canada you can also work Part Time. Many schools hire students part time on campus, but it is also possible to work off campus too as long as it doesn't total more than 20 hours per week. For more details visit the following links to find out a good place to start the process of coming to Canada.
Last edited by CR001 on Tue May 05, 2015 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Weblink removed - advertising not permitted. Please take this as a warning that the account may be terminated if this continues