ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Arnizilla

Re: May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by Arnizilla » Fri May 08, 2015 3:00 pm

Hey man.. I called this number 0300 123 2253
And they ask for my ref Number, DOB and phone
Number then told me that somebody would
Be calling me within 48hrs and they did.. And
It was a case worker that told me he had my
Application in his hand but it was still under
Consideration..! That was all!!!

khani

Post by khani » Fri May 08, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi

Can someone Please tell me how many days one can be out of country in last 12 months , it says 90 , would it be a problem if it is few more days ??

thanks

Arnizilla

Post by Arnizilla » Fri May 08, 2015 4:35 pm

Hey man.. I called this number 0300 123 2253
Consideration..! That was all!

Arnizilla

Post by Arnizilla » Fri May 08, 2015 4:39 pm

How did you get through to your case worker? What did you tell him/her?

Normally the call centre stuff cannot check anything apart from application status.
Arnizilla wrote:Hey man.. I called this number 0300 123 2253
Consideration..! That was all!!!

carinoso_yo
Newly Registered

Post by carinoso_yo » Fri May 08, 2015 10:51 pm

I called the number 0300 123 2253 many times, they everytime tell me the same thing to email the further nationality enquires, when l did email them they replied quickly but bombarded me with the 3-6 months!
The HO justify the delay in process depends on every applicant particular circumstances but when we complain we get the same boring letters or emails of 3-6 months, they are good on copy-and-paste with threats not to contact them again to avoid further delay!
I personally when reached six months or after never been notified about the delay although it's stated clearly they are commited to and there will be no restrictions to contact them if they can not do so, but the reality most of us got punished to wait longer than enough...of course with a few exceptions, there could be few applicants got decisions after complaining..Honestly l feel helpless and anxious but that's the way it is until a further notice!

Ptegs
Newly Registered

June 2014 Refusal based on (Good Character)

Post by Ptegs » Sat May 09, 2015 10:38 am

Dear All June 2014 Applicants

Its sad news for me, my application is about to be refused. Came in UK in June 2002 on 6 months visiting visa running into November 2002. From then I stayed put without visa until Nov 2006 when I claimed asylum and was granted in July 2007. my IlR was granted and I applied for naturalisation on 03 of June 2014. For god sake where do I get evidence of how supported myself before I claimed asylum. I received a letter today from Homeoffice, I quote the content below:

'You were here without valid leave in the UK between 02.11.2002 when your sixonth visa expired until 31.07 2007 when you were granted asylum and limited Leave to Remain. You were not therefore compliant with UK immigration laws during this period. In order that we may give further consideration to your application please state how you were maintaining yourself in this country during this period and provide appropriate evidence i.e wage slips, benefits letters, evidence of other income

Please provide this information by 27.05.2015, failure to send these doc/information by the given date will result in the application being refused'

Please help if you can on what to do next, I know there were new rules on good character from Dec 2014, do these rules apply in retrospective

waiz89k

Re: June 2014 Refusal based on (Good Character)

Post by waiz89k » Sat May 09, 2015 11:27 am

Ptegs wrote:Dear All June 2014 Applicants

Its sad news for me, my application is about to be refused. Came in UK in June 2002 on 6 months visiting visa running into November 2002. From then I stayed put without visa until Nov 2006 when I claimed asylum and was granted in July 2007. my IlR was granted and I applied for naturalisation on 03 of June 2014. For god sake where do I get evidence of how supported myself before I claimed asylum. I received a letter today from Homeoffice, I quote the content below:

'You were here without valid leave in the UK between 02.11.2002 when your sixonth visa expired until 31.07 2007 when you were granted asylum and limited Leave to Remain. You were not therefore compliant with UK immigration laws during this period. In order that we may give further consideration to your application please state how you were maintaining yourself in this country during this period and provide appropriate evidence i.e wage slips, benefits letters, evidence of other income

Please provide this information by 27.05.2015, failure to send these doc/information by the given date will result in the application being refused'

Please help if you can on what to do next, I know there were new rules on good character from Dec 2014, do these rules apply in retrospective

Please come to the following thread which is a dedicated thread for these type of letters. so it will be seen and answered by more people. This is only application timeline thread and and ur post will not been seen as much as it should be. So please post ur query there and I hope u will get some way out.
Best of luck

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 85921.html

Sonnyboy8011

Re: June 2014 Refusal based on (Good Character)

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Sat May 09, 2015 11:55 am

Ptegs wrote:Dear All June 2014 Applicants

Please provide this information by 27.05.2015, failure to send these doc/information by the given date will result in the application
being refused'

its not you just,despite the moment when i entered gatwick airport i claimed asylum in 2004 and 3 months later i granted ILR and recognised as a refugee now they asked me to provide additional evidence of residency for the period of 2009 up to 2011which is already covered under my ILR .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ,after reading the letter i didnt know laugh or cry to this shocking and baseless request...lol :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: ...i got ilr from 2004 and as its says indefinite remain to live in uk... how they want evidence for that period of 2 years..lol...what about the rest of 8 years im living here and paying tax..it shows ppl without basic knowledge or with huge lack of experience about different immigration category running the checks on our case and application,otherwise where in the immigration law saying the person with ilr has to provide residency proof if that person was living here and paid tax oe even received social help????? yes it was valid if the person was left the country for that period which make him record less for that period or simply didnt paid tax,NI and didnt used social security to get financial support...anyway i didnt argue with them,just called revenue and asked to send me the record of my contribution for the period ukvi asked me...im afraid if i make the valid point about my state the person get feel useless and try to refuse me on some stuff which doesnt even exist,and if u say that person cant, just look at the funny excuse they made and asked me to send them the evidence in a month time...lately i see lots of this invalid request for application belong the refugees,which is surprising when the person already granted to stay...they start picking on refugee as its looks like...i hope i be wrong,but i dont think after seeing several ppl here receiving this invalid requests....to answer ur question my friend im sure ur friends and family members helped you financially and accommodated during that period when u had no legal right here,then for proving it ask one of them to give a letter saying his/her supported you financially and sign it...good luck to all of us.

Summerose
Newly Registered

Post by Summerose » Sat May 09, 2015 2:09 pm

:D Brown envelope has finally arrived! There's hope for May applicants, applied 7th of May approval 29th April. Thanks everyone for all your posts during this year long agonising wait! Good luck and all the best!

Arnizilla

Post by Arnizilla » Sat May 09, 2015 2:17 pm

Summerose wrote::D Brown envelope has finally arrived! There's hope for May applicants, applied 7th of May approval 29th April. Thanks everyone for all your posts during this year long agonising wait! Good luck and all the best!
Congrats ... I'm still waiting.. Applied on the 12/05/14
An year ago... Let's hope they deal with mine
Soon.. I'm so tired and frustrated .!!

Summerose
Newly Registered

Post by Summerose » Sat May 09, 2015 2:26 pm

Arnizilla wrote:
Summerose wrote::D Brown envelope has finally arrived! There's hope for May applicants, applied 7th of May approval 29th April. Thanks everyone for all your posts during this year long agonising wait! Good luck and all the best!
It will soon come @Arnizilla... I complained 3 times! Even has that dreaded letter about new character guidance! So don't lose hope.

jefstudent

Post by jefstudent » Sat May 09, 2015 2:33 pm

Ho summerrose,

Have you had that letter from ho about new character requirement and what did you reply for that letter.

As well did you overstay at all or your naturalisation was a straightforward case.

Thanks

Arnizilla

Post by Arnizilla » Sat May 09, 2015 2:36 pm

Summerose wrote:
Arnizilla wrote:
It will soon come @Arnizilla... I complained 3 times! Even has that dreaded letter about new character guidance! So don't lose hope.
Thanks for The words of support and confort..
Thanks a lot!

Arnizilla

Post by Arnizilla » Sat May 09, 2015 2:42 pm

Jefatudent----Didn't over stay or had any letter about good
Character.. I did have a letter about waiting a further
3 to 6 months after one of my letter of complaints.!
I complaint 3 times already! Thanks again

Velcro
Newly Registered

Post by Velcro » Sat May 09, 2015 2:45 pm

***Important Updated***

Finally this frustrating and protracted process is nearing the end. After nearly a year of waiting I finally got 2 brown envelopes today; one from UKVI and the other from my local council inviting me to the ceremony. To all of you still waiting I feel your pain and anxiety and pray that you get a decision very soon. I gave up phoning the contact centre but two weeks ago I sent a complaint letter which may have triggered them to look into my application because I think most applications are just gathering dust without anyone taking notice.

Eligibility criteria: 12 years ILR
Language criteria met: B1 certificate ( Trinity College )
Current nationality: Zimbabwean
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Manchester
Date of application: 15 May 2014
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 16 May 2014
Date of acknowledgement: 27 May date 23 May
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 23 May 2014
Date approval received: 9 May 2015 letter dated 2 May 2015
Date of ceremony: 13 May 2015

jefstudent

Post by jefstudent » Sat May 09, 2015 2:54 pm

Arnizilla wrote:Jefatudent----Didn't over stay or had any letter about good
Character.. I did have a letter about waiting a further
3 to 6 months after one of my letter of complaints.!
I complaint 3 times already! Thanks again

Thanks for that @ARNIZILLA

summerose mention3d in an email about good character letter so thought ask #summerose

But thanks anyway

Arnizilla

Post by Arnizilla » Sat May 09, 2015 5:34 pm

Velcro wrote:***Important Updated***

Finally this frustrating and protracted process is nearing the end. After nearly a year of waiting I finally got 2 brown envelopes today; one from UKVI and the other from my local council inviting me to the ceremony. To all of you still waiting I feel your pain and anxiety and pray that you get a decision very soon. I gave up phoning the contact centre but two weeks ago I sent a complaint letter which may have triggered them to look into my application because I think most applications are just gathering dust without anyone taking notice.

Eligibility criteria: 12 years ILR
Language criteria met: B1 certificate ( Trinity College )
Current nationality: Zimbabwean
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Manchester
Date of application: 15 May 2014
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 16 May 2014
Date of acknowledgement: 27 May date 23 May
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 23 May 2014
Date approval received: 9 May 2015 letter dated 2 May 2015
Date of ceremony: 13 May 2015

Congratulations VELCRO... All the best!!

AaLipak

Post by AaLipak » Sat May 09, 2015 5:47 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

are you people waiting for more than a year now ???

its just been 3 moths for us Feb 2015 applicants and we are bored to death with wait! how you guys are coping, please share the secret :) but must say not all of Feb 2015 have the same situation as mine.

I am a big shot now in HO files and local police station has been overly kind towards me and all have visited except their cleaner :P so let c what happens but I am not in a big hope now !

Eagle-Man
Newly Registered

Post by Eagle-Man » Sat May 09, 2015 9:24 pm

Finally arrived the brawny....good news after 1 year.
Applied 8th of May 2014 got approved 30th of April 2015....? No reason for delay given. To be honest I almost lost faith on the system and I was about to forget about all this and carry on with my everyday life. Overall this news didn't excite me anymore as it will have done 6-7 months ago. Also I lost my Vote again????
Anyway since day one I decided to stay in this country I learned to stay positive and good things always will come with the time.

Furthermore I wish you all best of luck and hopefully with good news very soon. Also I would like to thank everyone that have committed to share their experiences on this forum and try to help or inspire others. Thank you.
That's all from me. :-)

AaLipak

Post by AaLipak » Sat May 09, 2015 10:48 pm

Eagle-Man wrote:Finally arrived the brawny....good news after 1 year.
Applied 8th of May 2014 got approved 30th of April 2015....? No reason for delay given. To be honest I almost lost faith on the system and I was about to forget about all this and carry on with my everyday life. Overall this news didn't excite me anymore as it will have done 6-7 months ago. Also I lost my Vote again????
Anyway since day one I decided to stay in this country I learned to stay positive and good things always will come with the time.

Furthermore I wish you all best of luck and hopefully with good news very soon. Also I would like to thank everyone that have committed to share their experiences on this forum and try to help or inspire others. Thank you.

Congratulations man.

Aleast it is rolling. approval of 30th of April still took 10 days to come :)
how did you stay so much positive man ? I am already dusted :D

hope others rest of us don't have to wait any longer too!

Arnizilla

Post by Arnizilla » Sun May 10, 2015 8:05 am

AaLipak wrote:
Eagle-Man wrote:Finally arrived the brawny....good news after 1 year.

Congratulations man.... Good atitude.. I wish
This waiting is over man.. It's so frustrating and
Stressful..!! Thanks for your words man.. All the best

Summerose
Newly Registered

Post by Summerose » Sun May 10, 2015 9:50 am

jefstudent wrote:Ho summerrose,

Have you had that letter from ho about new character requirement and what did you reply for that letter.

As well did you overstay at all or your naturalisation was a straightforward case.

Thanks
Yes I received the letter about further enquiries and new character guidance in February. Yes I was an overstayer, but applied with 3 kids.

cryloud
Newly Registered

Post by cryloud » Tue May 12, 2015 1:43 pm

Congratulation man. I'm still Waiting for better days to come. I've been waiting since 18 August 2014. No new yet, I'm fed up already. H.O are forgot about me.

jitu_2677

Post by jitu_2677 » Fri May 15, 2015 8:26 pm

1 year passed. felling hopeless. Don't know what to do.....!!!!! :oops:

moxa
Newly Registered

Post by moxa » Fri May 15, 2015 9:16 pm

same here man, absolutely horrible, no communication whatsoever :(