ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Worker from India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jayuk
Newly Registered

Worker from India

Post by jayuk » Mon May 14, 2007 1:14 pm

Hi

We basically need someone from overseas (India) to come over and help with domestic and child caring services. The person we shall be calling is not working for us as such, but is a famuily member!

How can we call them over to help us? What route is the best to achieve this?

Jay

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Worker from India

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 14, 2007 1:28 pm

jayuk wrote:Hi

We basically need someone from overseas (India) to come over and help with domestic and child caring services. The person we shall be calling is not working for us as such, but is a famuily member!

Jay
Not possible. For the Domestic Worker Visa the applicant has to have worked for u for a year back home.

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Worker from India

Post by sakura » Mon May 14, 2007 2:41 pm

jayuk wrote:Hi

Jay
Hm, if it's a family member, there's almost no chance...might sound like anchoring or something (I mean, you write you want them to come over, but not work for you???), although of course the BIA won't know that. If the person has not been working as a domestic worker for you immediately before (you came to the UK), then there's no chance at all. They are normally required to travel with you when you leave.

Bear in mind that they will point out that if you want an au pair, well, there are probably hundreds of people who can do that job over here - why someone from India?

jayuk
Newly Registered

Post by jayuk » Mon May 14, 2007 5:22 pm

I see. Well there family, they want to come over here, and they will also be looking after our house...I know this sounds odd...but the persons husband has now died and she is all alone and so we feel her life will be better here......anyone have any ideas if this would be possible in anyway?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 14, 2007 5:43 pm

jayuk wrote:I see. Well there family, they want to come over here, and they will also be looking after our house...I know this sounds odd...but the persons husband has now died and she is all alone and so we feel her life will be better here......anyone have any ideas if this would be possible in anyway?
The only chance is if she was totally dependant on you, financially too with noone else to support her.

Crikey half my missus's families lives would be better here too, I don't think that reason carries much weight I'm afraid.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Mon May 14, 2007 9:03 pm

jayuk wrote:they want to come over here, and they will also be looking after our house...
They??? U mean there is more than one person??

jjustyy
Ireland

Post by jjustyy » Tue May 15, 2007 10:43 am

olisun wrote:
jayuk wrote:they want to come over here, and they will also be looking after our house...
They??? U mean there is more than one person??
They is commonly misused to refer to a singular person olisun (unless they don't want to say the sex of the person, then it's ok)

jayuk
Newly Registered

Post by jayuk » Tue May 15, 2007 3:44 pm

Correct, they as in in her\she

I hear what you are saying, but this isnt about bring over x amount of ppl over. But just one person who has no other family there left, as her husband has deceased. Id fully support here financially and shed not take an iota out of this country in terms of money. Even medical etc would be private.

I guess I still cant do this?

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Tue May 15, 2007 5:08 pm

jayuk wrote:Correct, they as in in her\she

I hear what you are saying, but this isnt about bring over x amount of ppl over. But just one person who has no other family there left, as her husband has deceased. Id fully support here financially and shed not take an iota out of this country in terms of money. Even medical etc would be private.

I guess I still cant do this?
Are you a resident or on a visa? Either way, unless the person is your mother or mother-in-law, or even sibling, it'll be impossible (plus you'll need to be an ILR/BC holder or EEA). Just think, of course people would want to come over here (not all, some), but the rules don't allow for sponsoring family (like in the US), so unless she can apply for something on her own, the BIA will definately not allow her to come. She can try some other category but you sponsoring/bringing her over is out of the question.

jayuk
Newly Registered

Post by jayuk » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:41 pm

Hi again

Ok, in this case lets say I wanted to bring someone over for child care and elderly care service, is this possible? We have spent close to 9 months looking for an Indian speaking person due to the requirements and have not found ONE person!

Yet in India we have an option for numerous!

Any ideas?

Jayuk

vinny

Worker from India

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:50 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:40 am

jayuk wrote:Hi again

Ok, in this case lets say I wanted to bring someone over for child care and elderly care service, is this possible? We have spent close to 9 months looking for an Indian speaking person due to the requirements and have not found ONE person!
Essentially, no. I've been through this personally - a relative in law was terminally ill, and it was very important to her that her carer was familiar with Jewish laws and a Hebrew speaker. Cut NO ice with the Home Office. None.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.