ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:24 am

Yes Set (M). Biometrics all done and correspondence received

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:01 pm

tomorrowshalltell wrote:Congratulations to the guys that got their ILR approved and good luck to everyone else waiting (myself included).
I am new on this forum, I submitted my ILR app. on 5th of February, biometric on the 27th of Feb. I later realised that I submitted my application with the wrong English language test which was Functional skills level 3 instead of ESOL Entry 3.
My concern is, can HO refuse my application based on this? I have sent them a letter, acknowledging my mistake and asked if they could kindly send me a copy of my passport so that I can take another test as I've tried to book another test but the newly approved test centres wouldn't accept copies of my passport, but HO didn't say anything regarding my request but only sent an email below.

"We are emailing you to confirm your recent Home Office application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application, which is our service standard. If we are unable to process your application within 6 months, we will let you know as soon as possible"

What got me more worried is, I'm unemployed at the moment but a full time student and got a university offer for september 2015 academic year. If I'm being refused, then I won't be able to get a job or go to Uni, and would be a struggle to fund another application.
Your opinion on my case will be highly appreciated.
Thank you

It depends on the case worker.

prince_no1

Post by prince_no1 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:08 pm

babycakes wrote:Hi, prince_no1

We have similar time frame let's hope we hear good news soon what category did you apply?
yes i hope so ,

i have applied under:
Set (O) , Tier 1 General(3+2)

John McOuba
Newly Registered

Post by John McOuba » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:37 pm

any updates guys? any accepted set M recently? especially people applied Feb this year???

pkjh1708
Newly Registered

Post by pkjh1708 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:45 pm

John McOuba wrote:any updates guys? any accepted set M recently? especially people applied Feb this year???
I havent heard anything back as yet applied Feb 13th but someone else applied after me and received an answer

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:02 pm

Pkjh,
You suggest Set M takes longer then Set O Correct?
Do you know of timelines to so suggest. I have not seen any Set O come back of Dec 14 Jan 15 either.
Pls share Both timelines if you have. Best Wishes

pkjh1708
Newly Registered

Post by pkjh1708 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:27 pm

Sorry I meant to say Set LR, seems to be approved faster than other settlement categories

See link below:

Entreprenure 10 jobs wrote:Pkjh,
You suggest Set M takes longer then Set O Correct?
Do you know of timelines to so suggest. I have not seen any Set O come back of Dec 14 Jan 15 either.
Pls share Both timelines if you have. Best Wishes

naonao
Newly Registered

Post by naonao » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:35 pm

My timeline for my ILR application s as follows:

submission of documents (Tier 2, Set O): Jan 29, 2015
received by UKVI: Jan 30, 2015
received acknowledgement letter: Feb 06, 2015 (dated Feb 2)
fee taken from my account: Feb 03, 2015
email from caseworker about my reference number: Feb 09, 2015
Biometric letter received: FEB 11, 2015 (dated Feb 6)
Biometric enrolment done: Feb 11, 2015
Passport and BRP returned: Feb 14, 2015 (with a letter dated Feb 12)
ILR BRP received : April 27, 2015 yey!!!

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:15 pm

Congratulations!!! Finally a set O timeline. Happy to see your successful ILR within three months. Enjoy!!! The rest of us may Allah give us a happy outcome soon. Ameen

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:23 pm

kkbk2007 wrote:HI All

The current timeline for decision after bio metrics are provided seems to be 7 to 9 weeks, based on three cases in this post.

All the best for every one waiting for a decision.

Regards
Kiran K
Hi Kiran,
When did you apply? Any news?

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

ILR Query

Post by amjadleeds » Sat May 02, 2015 9:31 pm

Hi Everyone

Hope you are keeping well, I have applied my ILR in 2012 and case decided in 2014 after 18 months, before that they refused my family member application case when to court before my case decision they got Flro on basis of children more than 8 year in this country, Last year after family got visa they gave me visa on basis of private and family life,

In 2005 HO made case work allegation and after two year before final hearing HO took case back during this period my leave was expired and applied 10 late due to case was in court, they mentioned it was broken period.
I have tier 1 and completed 4 years and they gave me private and family life visa.
I have question can my family apply ILR now they have completed their 10 year or their period broken as well, my son completed 10 year in this country, daughter born here will be 10 year in october.

Your advice and guidance will be really appreciated.

Regards
Amjad leeds

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

ILR Query

Post by amjadleeds » Sat May 02, 2015 9:31 pm

Hi Everyone

Hope you are keeping well, I have applied my ILR in 2012 and case decided in 2014 after 18 months, before that they refused my family member application case when to court before my case decision they got Flro on basis of children more than 8 year in this country, Last year after family got visa they gave me visa on basis of private and family life,

In 2005 HO made case work allegation and after two year before final hearing HO took case back during this period my leave was expired and applied 10 late due to case was in court, they mentioned it was broken period.
I have tier 1 and completed 4 years and they gave me private and family life visa.
I have question can my family apply ILR now they have completed their 10 year or their period broken as well, my son completed 10 year in this country, daughter born here will be 10 year in october.

Your advice and guidance will be really appreciated.

Regards
Amjad leeds

harmony01
Newly Registered

Post by harmony01 » Mon May 04, 2015 9:55 am

Dear Saquib,

Congrats to you and everyone that has received their ILR goodnews from the home office.

I would have congratulated you even before this time because our timeframe (wife is the main applicant while am the dependant) but due to the fact that the board wouldn't let me sign up until now and I only followed the thread without being signing up for months.

Our Timeframe:

Applied for ILR: 02/02/15
Biometrics done: 13/02/15
Now the wait begins until 24th of April that we received letter dated 22nd of April from the Cardiff PEO signed by the General Group Managed Migrant Directorate stating that my wife declared a specific amount in her 2011/2012 tax year to UKBA during her extension application but she didn't declare the same amount to HMRC in the 2011/2012 tax return.
Meanwhile, she did but in the following year (2012/2013) and we made sure she paid all the tax on the money before we applied for ILR and she's not owing HMRC a dine and as our accountant even said, HMRC should be owing her at the end of it all.
We have already replied and attached the HMRC statement of account where it shows how she paid the tax owing on the profit declared with some full explanations.
My point now is this: 1. Anyone with an idea how faster the Cardiff PEO can respond to us after all these or do they still need to go and verify these again at the HMRC and how long can it take? Because I have an important travel scheduled for early June.
2. What is now our fate on this issue. Though, am not really worries about it as far as am concerned because we not owing a dine and as they stated in the letter, that's the only thing that we need to explain about the discrepancy as every other thing are intact except for this which needs full explanation and supporting documents to prompt our application which we already did?

Anyone in the house with any advice on these issue on ground because my wife is always curious and feel a bit down most times.

PS: It was full time employment during the ILR so, she wasn't on self employed this time but was fully self employed only during the extension.

Thanks for your kind advice in advance house.

HARMONY

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Mon May 04, 2015 11:09 am

Harmony,
I am not a solicitor but here is my two cents on this:

You have a good case worker who gave you all a chance to prove your case before outright refusing it. As you have the documents and proof I believe you should be fine and will soon be granted ilr. Your case is being worked on therefore you should receive it soon.

When you paid it was it for the year that you were supposed to pay it for? Or did you have your accountant amend the accounts?

harmony01
Newly Registered

Post by harmony01 » Mon May 04, 2015 11:58 am

Many thanks for a quick response, Sajjuz.

Sure, it was for the particular year 2011/2012 that we are supposed to have declared but was only declared in the ffg year 2012/2013 and as far as am concerned it wasn't ammended by the accountant.

Thanks once again

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Tue May 05, 2015 2:53 pm

submission of documents (Tier 1(E) accelerated ILR, Set O): April 1, 2015
received by UKVI: April 2, 2015
Biometric letter received: April 20, 2015 (dated April 15)
Biometric enrolment done: April 21, 2015
Passport and BRP returned: May 5, 2015 (with a letter dated May 1)

In total just under 5 weeks

We had to expedite our application through our lawyer as there was a health situation and we submitted documents from hospital(letter from doc/ medical test reports spanning 3 months) to show this.

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Tue May 05, 2015 3:27 pm

Congrats Rahul,
Did you apply via 10 full time jobs or 5 million turnover? Can you also tell us the list of documents you submitted. Praying for speedy recovery.

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Tue May 05, 2015 3:36 pm

Rahul I found your post in the entrepreneur section. Thanks a lot!

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Tue May 05, 2015 3:38 pm

accelerated through 10 jobs..

This list can be used for extension also

Here are the documents we submitted

company creation and running
1) CT41G
2) Companies house appointment report - download from website for £3.
3) Company creation certificate
4) Letter from bank saying that our business account is with them from xxx date, and it currently has xxx money - NO bank statements

investment
5) Companies management accounts for 3 years - done in 1 document - NOT for 3 years differently
6) Cover letter from accountant, that he has done the accounts and that we have invested £200,000 into the company via director loan
7) Simple Director loan agreement

employment creation
8 ) Employee passport copy
9) Employee payslips for whole period ( monthly paylsip, NOT weekly)
10) Employee P11 for each year (showing starting date of employee)
11) Letter from accountant saying that the jobs have been created,
12) Letter from accountant explaining that the P11s are in monthly format(and not weekly) as the payment of salaries is done monthly.

Please find the formats which we used below

Cover letter from accountant - used on top of management accounts
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To whom it may concern

xxxxxxx

Dear Sirs,

Tier 1 Entrepreneur - xxxxxx

We can advise that we act as Accountants and Tax Advisors for xxxxx ltd.

We can also confirm that xxxxxxxx is the sole director of the company and he holds 100% of the 100 issued ordinary share of the company. xxxx has also invested £200,000 in the business by way of a director’s loan during the period xxxxx to xxxxxx.

The management accounts for xxxxxxxxxx have been prepared for the period xxxxxx to xxxxx, please find enclosed.

We have provided this information in the strict confidence without undertaking any liability financial or otherwise, towards our firm’s partners and staff.

We hope that the above information would be of assistance to you. However, should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creation of Employment - 10 jobs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: xxxxx

To whom it may concern

Re: xxxx – xxxxx Ltd

I can confirm that I act on behalf of xxxxxxx(company name), as a Registered Accountant with Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) with registration number xxxxxx. I have been requested to provide this letter in order to verify the net creation of employment for xxxxxx(company name), and therefore I am happy to confirm the content of this letter to the Home Office / UKVIS at their request.

The full address & contact details for xxxxxxx(company name), are as follows:

Company Registered Address: xxxxx

Company contact details: xxxx

I can confirm that xxxxx is a Director & Shareholder of xxxxxxx(company name), and that he established the company on xxx(date). Since he established the company I can confirm that they have created an aggregate of 10 full time employment positions which have existed for at least 12 months.

The employee’s details are as follows in the following Table on the next page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please attach a table on the next page containing the start date/ end date / national insurance numbers/ number of hours/ rate paid per hour of each employee. I am somehow not able to paste the table here.

P11 explanation letter
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Whom it may concern

date: xxxxxx

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur - xxxxxx

I write as the appointed Accountant for xxxx, on behalf of xxxxxx.

This letter is in reference to the “Employment Creation” for xxxxxx, and I can confirm that we acknowledge the UKVI’s requirement to see an Employee Payment Record (P11) for each employee of xxxx. The policy document also states this document should show the employee’s earnings for each week employed.
However, I can confirm that the software used to run this record can only show weekly earnings if the employee is paid weekly. Where an employee is paid on a monthly basis, the record will only show payments for each month they are employed.
We can confirm that this format of generating the Employee Payment Record is correct and in line with the HMRC regulations, and therefore we trust that this letter is satisfactory to clarify the reasons for the P11 documents being displayed on a monthly basis.
.We have provided this information in the strict confidence without undertaking any liability financial or otherwise, towards our firm’s partners and staff.
We hope that the above information would be of assistance to you. However, should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu May 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Just an update.

Applied for Wife's ILR on 3 March 2015
Biometrics Done a couple of Weeks later
ILR Card Arrived Today : 7/5/2015 , wasn't expecting it that quick.
Passport and other documents not here yet but might be tomorrow.

Good luck all.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Mon May 11, 2015 11:01 am

Congrats innocent devil. Have your documents arrived yet?

More good news to those waiting.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon May 11, 2015 2:08 pm

the docs arrived the next day. All sorted.
Good luck everyone

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 13, 2015 6:29 am

Hi

anyone here got a reply from ho for postal application recently :shock: ?

harmony01
Newly Registered

Post by harmony01 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:30 am

harmony01 wrote:Dear Saquib,

Congrats to you and everyone that has received their ILR goodnews from the home office.

I would have congratulated you even before this time because our timeframe (wife is the main applicant while am the dependant) but due to the fact that the board wouldn't let me sign up until now and I only followed the thread without being signing up for months.

Our Timeframe:

Applied for ILR: 02/02/15
Biometrics done: 13/02/15
Now the wait begins until 24th of April that we received letter dated 22nd of April from the Cardiff PEO signed by the General Group Managed Migrant Directorate stating that my wife declared a specific amount in her 2011/2012 tax year to UKBA during her extension application but she didn't declare the same amount to HMRC in the 2011/2012 tax return.
Meanwhile, she did but in the following year (2012/2013) and we made sure she paid all the tax on the money before we applied for ILR and she's not owing HMRC a dine and as our accountant even said, HMRC should be owing her at the end of it all.
We have already replied and attached the HMRC statement of account where it shows how she paid the tax owing on the profit declared with some full explanations.
My point now is this: 1. Anyone with an idea how faster the Cardiff PEO can respond to us after all these or do they still need to go and verify these again at the HMRC and how long can it take? Because I have an important travel scheduled for early June.
2. What is now our fate on this issue. Though, am not really worries about it as far as am concerned because we not owing a dine and as they stated in the letter, that's the only thing that we need to explain about the discrepancy as every other thing are intact except for this which needs full explanation and supporting documents to prompt our application which we already did?

Anyone in the house with any advice on these issue on ground because my wife is always curious and feel a bit down most times.

PS: It was full time employment during the ILR so, she wasn't on self employed this time but was fully self employed only during the extension.

Thanks for your kind advice in advance house.

HARMONY

Hello house,

Anyone with a great idea and if this might be true? When your application is been dealt with and you all of a sudden receive this kind of mail from HO.

'We are emailing you to confirm that your recent Home Office application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application, which is our service standard. If we are unable to process your application within 6 months we will tell you as soon as possible.'

Is that true that they're back with someone's application and should be received any moment? Anyone who experienced same, pls and how many days after, you waited again to collect the ILR/documents? Thanks a lot.

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Wed May 13, 2015 9:35 am

Harmony,
I have read some posts in other sections of the forum where people received such an email and then received their decision in two weeks. Once your case is decided your decision letter and documents will be returned to you by royal mail. Sometimes an email like this means they are working on your case. They don't send these emails to people who have applied via a solicitor. Therefore best of luck… hopefully soon you will receive some good news.