ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Number of days outside the UK on Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alakazam

Number of days outside the UK on Spouse Visa

Post by Alakazam » Mon May 11, 2015 3:56 pm

Hi there

The guidance documents for the British spouse visa specifies a maximum number of days the applicant can stay outside of the UK per year. On referring to various documents, this number seems to be 90 days per year.

Just thought I'll get the following questions confirmed on this forum

1. Is 90 days the correct number?

2.Does the 90 day countdown start from the date the visa was issued or does it start from the date of first entry into the UK?

3. Moreover, does the "per year" mean calendar year or 12 month periods from the date the visa was issued. In other words, if the applicant's visa was issued on 27th May 2015, does the 90 days apply to the period 27th May 2015 to 26th May 2016 and so on or does it apply for the period 27th May 2015 to 31st Dec 2015 and then the counter gets reset to 90 days again on 1st Jan 2016?

4. If I have to travel outside the UK on work, does that count as days outside the UK as well?

Any guidance on this will be appreciated

Thanks
Best regards

Casa

Re: Number of days outside the UK on Spouse Visa

Post by Casa » Mon May 11, 2015 4:07 pm

You're confusing the '90 day' rule with the requirements for British Citizenship. There are no set days of permitted absence for a spouse visa. The Immigration Rules simply state that 'reasonable periods of absence are accepted'. Only stays of over 6 months need to be declared when applying for ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.