ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens if UK leaves the EU?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

craxy1102

What happens if UK leaves the EU?

Post by craxy1102 » Mon May 11, 2015 11:09 pm

Hey all,

I currently hold a EEA2 visa, due to expire in November 2017.
I ofcourse had the intention of applying for a permanent RC in 2017, however the recent election victory of the conservative party indicates that an EU referendum is on the cards as early as next year.

Can anyone advice how does this affect me and my wife? We are both working in the UK, I have no idea what to do post 2017 if UK was to leave the EU. :(
===================
EEA2 application sent: 22/07/2012
EEA2 Application received : 23/07/2012
Sent 1 letter and 1 phone call in mid-September
COA: 16/10/2012 (Dated 11th October 2012)
RC Recieved : 13/12/2012 (Dated 28/11/2012)

vinny

Re: What happens if UK leaves the EU?

Post by vinny » Tue May 12, 2015 12:02 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Tue May 12, 2015 4:44 am

This question now become very popular for EEA2 holder dreaming for EEA4 now but this question always ends up with the message that there will be some transitional measures if this happens. In my point of view, more important than this question is that how can the 5 years time will be spent and whether the EU national's support will be available?? This is far more important than the worry/fear of uk will leave EU.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

maxmelion

Post by maxmelion » Tue May 12, 2015 8:48 am

Bad news today morning david set a plan for referndume next year (2016) which is well bad news nd all europs nd thier family who wana stay will have to make new visa undee new rules of uk nd they might revoke all visas under eu roles encluding rc nd pr nd irl .
the fact is might referndume be next year even early and all know that we have nothing to do till wait nd see what gona heppen

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Tue May 12, 2015 10:49 am

Whether UK will leave EU is not a topic . That cannot happen.the UK economy will crumble if that happens. So that isn't what the politicians are talking about.

The referendum is aimed to take back some power from Brussels. Especially with to help regulate the benefits EU nationals can get when they arrive the UK.

It does make sense to some extent. As so many EU nationals I know just prefers to claim benefits rather work to contribute to the system.

I personally don't think there will be major issue that will be faced by family members and their residence rights.

badratio

Post by badratio » Tue May 12, 2015 1:54 pm

I don't think they want to get rid of millions of europeans who work and contribute to this country. What they want to do is to have control over further migration from the EU states, that's all. The country is full up.
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Tue May 12, 2015 3:52 pm

badratio wrote:I don't think they want to get rid of millions of europeans who work and contribute to this country.
They want rid of those claiming any benefits e.g. housing benefit, tax credits, sick benefits. Rid of those in social housing. Rid of those that don't have a right to reside. Rid of those who have commited any crime. Basically, rid of all those that are a drain on the UK.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Tue May 12, 2015 4:11 pm

Most of the mess caused by A2 EU expansion which results the authorities were failed to assess before expansion. In my point of view if we subtract the issues/problems from EU contributions then I think problems in the form of like increased crimes, less stable immigration control, unemployment, low funds, increased family problems, more civil or court related issues, congestion, etc are more. There must be control on EU national movement and those irrespective of them have/had been making contributions for UK must have priority. Maybe a lot disagree with me but think in a way that its your own motherland.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

maxmelion

Post by maxmelion » Wed May 13, 2015 9:18 am

Actually davide cameron will demand sweeping change to eu benfits rules-including a ban on migrant claiming any handouts for 4 years as the price for trying to keep britain in europ . I thunk thts grea news nd that hope for good migrants who geniune nd tht shiuld be happen ages ago nd hope eu agreed tht
thts news just last night

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Wed May 13, 2015 10:23 am

maxmelion wrote:Actually davide cameron will demand sweeping change to eu benfits rules-including a ban on migrant claiming any handouts for 4 years as the price for trying to keep britain in europ .
Not only those that move for handouts but powers back to UK so it easier to deport. Other western EU countires want all this too for their countries as they fed up and agree with UK and thats what scares the rest of EU countries.

UK has to make 12 billion in welfare cuts this year to keep to the law the Lords and MPs made, to cap the UK annual welfare bill. Those 12 billion cuts needed to keep to that cap this year. More cuts to be made if more ask for welfare. Good sense to remove the EUs welfare first to try to meet some of that 12 billion in cuts this year.

I think UK will leave the EU and many more western EU countries will then follow. The perhaps these countries will have quota of movement betwen themselves with easier to deport rules and no welfare. They can then bring back rules the EU banned, that helped their own citizens. Free movement has not been good for western EU.

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Wed May 13, 2015 10:39 am

maxmelion wrote:Actually davide cameron will demand sweeping change to eu benfits rules-including a ban on migrant claiming any handouts for 4 years as the price for trying to keep britain in europ .
Not only to stop those who arrive for handouts but powers back to UK so it easier to deport and stop those who use EU laws to stay in UK when they are not wanted. Other western EU countires want all this too for their countries as they fed up and agree with UK. That scares the rest of EU countries.

UK has to make 12 billion in welfare cuts this year to keep to the law the Lords and MPs made to cap the UK annual welfare bill, because of open door immigration of Labour government and rising welfare bill. Those 12 billion cuts needed to keep to that cap this year. More cuts to be made if more ask for welfare. Good sense to remove the EUs welfare first to try to meet some of that 12 billion in cuts this year.

I think UK will leave the EU and many more western EU countries will then follow. Then perhaps these western EU countries will have quota of movement between themselves as already suggested. With easier to deport overstayers and criminals rules and no welfare rules. These countries can then bring back rules that helped their own citizens and the EU banned. Free trade is good. Free movement has not been good for western EU countries.