ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

san2014

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by san2014 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:01 pm

jefstudent wrote:I have got a letter saying to provide evidence of how i was supporting myself.

can you tell me exactly what ho asked you on the first letter they send you.

Did they ask you to provide wages slip or just ask to confirm what were you doing when you did not have visa or leave to remain

Thanks

He just completed the form, he send the letter from his work and also the letters from HMRC for the last 5 years .

Honestly I don't know more (those letters he sent when he sent the from)
I know how stresst u r so am sorry
Good luck

liverpool2005
Newly Registered

Post by liverpool2005 » Fri May 08, 2015 6:58 pm

Just received my approval letter...after two weeks appeal. I used xxxxx solicitors. Speak to a guy called xxxxxx. Good luck everyone.

jefstudent

Post by jefstudent » Fri May 08, 2015 8:10 pm

Hi liverpool,

Congrats. that was a quick turnaround From home office.

Did your solicitor file a reconsideration ??? And how long did ho take to reply.

Thanks

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Fri May 08, 2015 8:39 pm

Congratulations Liverpool2005!! :D

liverpool2005
Newly Registered

Post by liverpool2005 » Fri May 08, 2015 10:44 pm

yeah but also make it clear that I was willing to proceed further within six weeks. I have to say that my case was simple and it was unfortunate to have got trapped in the new stringent requirements.

Andrèa
Newly Registered

Post by Andrèa » Tue May 12, 2015 10:24 am

Has anyone submitted the NR form : Request to reconsider application for British Citizenship recently? There is not a lot of information out there on how long they typically take and how to get answers from the Home Office. The Home Office have been sitting on my application for about 3 months now and it is getting to the stages where I need my Residence Permit back as proof of my eligibility to work in the UK. No future employer will even entertain my CV without it.

Thesmalik
Newly Registered

Post by Thesmalik » Tue May 19, 2015 2:10 pm

hi everyone ,
can someone help me and guide me in my application, i applied for my citizenship in November 2014 and after a long delay of around 6 months i received a refusal latter dated 30 April 2015 saying that
" My partner is not a British citizen he is a "British overseas citizen" and as i was not granted Indefinite leave to remain in the united kingdom until 01 August 2014, so i did not meet the requirement at paragraph 3(d) of the leaflet the application is therefore refused, and i have to apply after 01 August 2015 otherwise i might get refused again"

can someone guide me what to do now,
My partner is not a British citizen he is British overseas citizen but living in the United Kingdom form last 30 years, do he needs to apply for the citizenship of UK and what kind of documents he will need to do this, he studied here in UK and done his bachelors here, do he needs life in uk test
when can i apply on my own behalf, what are the rules do i have to wait for 5 years or years and someone was saying i need to wait 1 year after my ILR
pls help me i need ur advise thanks

foufou

Post by foufou » Wed May 20, 2015 12:11 am

Thesmalik wrote:hi everyone ,
can someone help me and guide me in my application, i applied for my citizenship in November 2014 and after a long delay of around 6 months i received a refusal latter dated 30 April 2015 saying that
" My partner is not a British citizen he is a "British overseas citizen" and as i was not granted Indefinite leave to remain in the united kingdom until 01 August 2014, so i did not meet the requirement at paragraph 3(d) of the leaflet the application is therefore refused, and i have to apply after 01 August 2015 otherwise i might get refused again"

can someone guide me what to do now,
My partner is not a British citizen he is British overseas citizen but living in the United Kingdom form last 30 years, do he needs to apply for the citizenship of UK and what kind of documents he will need to do this, he studied here in UK and done his bachelors here, do he needs life in uk test
when can i apply on my own behalf, what are the rules do i have to wait for 5 years or years and someone was saying i need to wait 1 year after my ILR
pls help me i need ur advise thanks
sorry to hear that you can apply on 02/08/2015 or after this day that's what letter said from the home office

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Sat May 23, 2015 12:28 pm

Method of Application: NCS
Date of Application: 21-01-2015
Eligibility Criteria : Spouse (3 years)
Application Received Date: 22-01-2015
Payment Method and Clearance: CC cleared on 29-01-2015
Date Of Acknowledgment: 02-02-2015 Letter dated (28-01-2015)
Refused: 19th May 2015

The reason of refusal link back to 2010 because i was refused that time under Paragraph 322 (1A) on false representation there any leave to remain or entry clearance application is likely to be refused under 320 (7B) of immigration rule unless i apply for spouse visa from home country. This time application refused based on Good character requirement but i am advise to apply after October 2020 but also given reconsideration form along refusal letter.
Can some one kindly suggest or advise what should i do? Is there any chance of success if apply for re consideration? Anyone know good Solicitor in London area?

MARY AGNES
Newly Registered

Post by MARY AGNES » Sat May 30, 2015 9:06 am

I applied for a first British passport outside uk. But the application was withdrwan by the examiner who took a all year to reply and when was told that i did not provide enough ID to support my application on returning my documents i only got a few of what i had sent. Its now 3mths still waiting for accompaning documents of which most of them were in form of IDs. I think my application was refused after some of my supporting documents got misplaced so still waiting to re-apply but again with less documents cause what was lost can not be replaced. PLease advise what can i do

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:10 am

Apply date: 21/05/14
rcv: 28/05/14
keep on hold nearly 1 year
send me a letter date: 06/05/15 for more information.

they need more supporting document how i support my self 2004 to 2007. My uncle (British citizen) send them "i look after him and he is stay with me. 2008 to till date i pay high tax to contribute in British economy. from day 1 follow and respect all law and regulation.

But they refuse me date 04/06/15 with reconsideration form. Now i get prepared for challenge. don't know why they keep my application on hold till the new immigration law.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:37 am

MARY AGNES wrote:I applied for a first British passport outside uk. But the application was withdrwan by the examiner who took a all year to reply and when was told that i did not provide enough ID to support my application on returning my documents i only got a few of what i had sent. Its now 3mths still waiting for accompaning documents of which most of them were in form of IDs. I think my application was refused after some of my supporting documents got misplaced so still waiting to re-apply but again with less documents cause what was lost can not be replaced. PLease advise what can i do
Did you inform them that they did not return all your documents?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:38 am

mhsadique wrote:Apply date: 21/05/14

they need more supporting document how i support my self 2004 to 2007. My uncle (British citizen) send them "i look after him and he is stay with me. 2008 to till date i pay high tax to contribute in British economy. from day 1 follow and respect all law and regulation.

But they refuse me date 04/06/15 with reconsideration form. Now i get prepared for challenge. don't know why they keep my application on hold till the new immigration law.
What were their reasons for refusing?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:25 pm

Very sorry to hear mh sadique Bhai.

Why did they ask for that specific period?

I hope you win the challenge.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:47 am

my husband applied via NCS last Thursday(11th June) It got there the following day. fees have been taken this morning... Should I be concerned they debited so quickly?

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 am

yesilgozlerim wrote:my husband applied via NCS last Thursday(11th June) It got there the following day. fees have been taken this morning... Should I be concerned they debited so quickly?
No, they are good at it, very efficient. :mrgreen:

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:07 am

I guess. I know they have been debiting efficiently in he June 2015 forum but many people from March and April still not had their fees taken. I kinda think there's a team for pre April 2015 and a post April 2015 applications!

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:17 am

yesilgozlerim wrote:I guess. I know they have been debiting efficiently in he June 2015 forum but many people from March and April still not had their fees taken. I kinda think there's a team for pre April 2015 and a post April 2015 applications!
Quite possible with the new rules, new fees and new form as well from May 2015?

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:24 am

yeah My husband used the May 2015 form too! We had the
form already done etc then 2 days later they updated to the May form so even though We could have used the April one, we reprinted and used the newest one to be on safe side

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:32 am

Siraj ud-Daulah wrote:

Very sorry to hear mh sadique Bhai.

Why did they ask for that specific period?

was valid leave, didn't pay tax and not claim for public funds as well,

they say then how you maintain your self with claim? submit your pay 45 or 60. was i didn't. thats the reason they keep my application on hold till new rule 11 December 2014.

I hope you win the challenge.

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:42 am

vinny wrote:

This guidance to all decision taken on or after 11 December 2014
Chapter 18, Annex D, Paragraph 9.7 B (but i did challenge, they are wrong)

khani

Post by khani » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:07 pm

mhsadique wrote:
vinny wrote:

This guidance to all decision taken on or after 11 December 2014
Chapter 18, Annex D, Paragraph 9.7 B (but i did challenge, they are wrong)

What visa did you have during that period, 2004 to 2007 and after that ?? thanks

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:26 pm

I think now they start tracing students as how many hours they work in student life and same loophole they will use to refuse naturalizations under good character like mhsadique case.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:15 pm

Universal soldier wrote:I think now they start tracing students as how many hours they work in student life and same loophole they will use to refuse naturalizations under good character like mhsadique case.
Will the employer not get in trouble for it?

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:19 pm

We will exactly know that from mhsadique who is not telling that what was his immigration status during 2004-2007? And what exact refusal reason he get?