ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (G) Forget to pay Council Tax

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tier2ilr

Tier 1 (G) Forget to pay Council Tax

Post by tier2ilr » Tue May 12, 2015 5:38 pm

Hi

Really worried. Please guide ASAP.

I am on Tier 1 (G) forgot to pay the council tax . Received a letter from council to pay the council tax+Summon Cost ASAP else appear in magistrate court after 1 month . I immediately paid the whole year council tax except the court Summon Cost.i.e i paid 1500£ straight away . the court summon charges are 70£.

My question is can council waive off this cost.. as I don't want to be considered as guilty party by paying 70£. (I am happy to pay 70£ if it has no legal impact).

I have my ILR in March next year. really worried Please help ASAP.

Best Regards

Casa

Re: Tier 1 (G) Forget to pay Council Tax

Post by Casa » Tue May 12, 2015 9:41 pm

The fact that you forgot to pay the Council tax doesn't make you innocent I'm afraid and the court (whether you agree with them or not) found you guilty of non-payment. Several reminders are sent before court action is taken as a last resort to recover the debt. I suggest you pay the court charge to clear the account to avoid further legal action.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tier2ilr

Post by tier2ilr » Wed May 13, 2015 1:42 am

Hi

Thanks for prompt reply.will it affect my ilr as i paid everything before going to court.i paid court summon charges as well along whole year council tax.
Please guide as I am really worried as I have my ilr in March next year.

BR

thebaisify28
Newly Registered

Post by thebaisify28 » Wed May 13, 2015 3:34 am

I had a similar case from 2013 where I was taken to court by the council for non payment of CTax.

I've had successful Tier 1 ext (May 2013) and ILR (May 2015) applications ever since.

I did not declare the CTAX issue on both applications.

This is my personal experience therefore its entirely your decision what you wish to do.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed May 13, 2015 8:29 am

You need to pay the court charges in order to clear the debt.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:23 pm

Just pay. You'll be fine
The author of this post is not an immigration expert. Any statements made are commentary personal opinions and should not be construed as advice.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Thu May 14, 2015 4:17 pm

1. this will have no impact on ilr either way
2. they can remove a summons, if AFTER paying you write them a teary letter about how it was all an accident and the first time and etc etc -- this will be then a credit on your bill

not legal advice, just life experience )
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**